Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-221258 (resized).png
There are 2,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 56.
#601 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't really know why you would need one under the volcano

Lava seepage!

#602 9 years ago

I think the ball drops into a pit under the volcano ..

#603 9 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

I think the ball drops into a pit under the volcano ..

the ball drops into a recess next to the volcano chute, then under the playfield to a vuk which shoots the ball up the volcano chute

P1070038.JPGP1070038.JPG

#604 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

the ball drops into a recess next to the volcano chute, then under the playfield to a vuk which shoots the ball up the volcano chute
P1070038.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Yea similar to Flintstones man john t sure loves loops and stopping post and diverters lol if u look at most his pins they are very very similar I cant wait to join this club in a few weeks hopefully.

#605 9 years ago

I got midnight madness and super multi ball in the same game last night. First time for both.

#606 9 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I got midnight madness and super multi ball in the same game last night. First time for both.

And now you can sell it. (Except for skill fire mode, which you probably haven't seen yet.)

That's my only disappointment with that machine...that it's so shallow. I got the super multi and super jackpot two days after I got it.

Still fun as hell, though.

#607 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And now you can sell it. (Except for skill fire mode, which you probably haven't seen yet.)
That's my only disappointment with that machine...that it's so shallow. I got the super multi and super jackpot two days after I got it.
Still fun as hell, though.

set it up harder...

I have never even gotten 100 diamonds yet (actually nobody has on my game) and I am a decent player. Any game is pretty boring if it is set up too easy.

#608 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

set it up harder...
I have never even gotten 100 diamonds yet (actually nobody has on my game) and I am a decent player. Any game is pretty boring if it is set up too easy.

I've got it on factory settings. And I'm not saying I get to 100 diamonds often...in fact I rarely do, but I did two days after buying it. Maybe it's just because my first two machines were WOZ and LOTR - I was just surprised when I got the super multiball so easily.

#609 9 years ago

I had 125 or so diamonds that game. Kinda blew it on ball 3 and only scored 1.6b
I think I heard a call out for super jp, but not sure how I got it.? My Nyquil was kicking in. It's all a haze.

#610 9 years ago

It is possible I just suck also. I have made it to 80 diamonds a few times but that is about it.

#611 9 years ago

What is the best way to apply those vinyl blade skins? Can you just lift up the entire playfield and stick them on or do you have to remove a bunch of stuff?

#612 9 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What is the best way to apply those vinyl blade skins? Can you just lift up the entire playfield and stick them on or do you have to remove a bunch of stuff?

Two people work best. I did it by myself half with table up and half pulled out. Real pain if you don't have a second person to help hold it level. I disassemble take anything. Good Luck

#613 9 years ago

Did you take the backbox bolt out or apply it over top of it?

#614 9 years ago

In lack of directions I went over.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-311.jpgimage-311.jpg
#615 9 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

In lack of directions I went over.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-311.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

oh no... dont go over it ! line it up and make a hole for it first. youll be happy you did later !

#616 9 years ago

Turn tournament mode on...then Diamond Hunt is the first reward for every mystery, for every player. Levels the tables, really. Between almost always getting DH multiball, and the other rewards being set in the sequence they are awarded, it gives you a clear path to 100 diamonds for Super Multiball. My suggestion is to farm ZINJ, GREY, and also AMY if that's your preferred route to a high score. ZINJ and GREY both award 20 diamonds at some point if I'm not mistaken, and AMY is 15 or 20 depending on if you hit the Super Score for every shot or not, I think? Either way getting the big pickups off those three is practically half your diamonds for Super Multiball.

#617 9 years ago

These cards from pinballcards.com look amazing!

20150405_105335.jpg20150405_105335.jpg

20150405_105321.jpg20150405_105321.jpg

2 weeks later
#618 8 years ago

did anyone have a problem with the Volcano shot....when you hit it clean and fast mine goes across the last wire form and hits the outside edge of the plastic where it transitions, knocks off and ends up in the hippo pops. Ive tried bending up the wire form doesn't seem to work. Anyone?

#619 8 years ago

Is the amy ramp really only held in by the 2 bolts on the hands? Is there supposed to be a zip tie threw the hole in the bottom of the left hand around the hex post to keep thd ramp more stable?

#620 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is the amy ramp really only held in by the 2 bolts on the hands? Is there supposed to be a zip tie threw the hole in the bottom of the left hand around the hex post to keep thd ramp more stable?

Mine only had the two bolts. Believe mine was never shopped but who the hell knows.

#621 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Mine only had the two bolts. Believe mine was never shopped but who the hell knows.

It just seems flimsy but maybe by design ? There is ahole at bottom on left hand side that a zip tie could secure it to the hex post and help some .

#622 8 years ago

Movement is good . Don't want the ramp to crack or break

#623 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

did anyone have a problem with the Volcano shot....when you hit it clean and fast mine goes across the last wire form and hits the outside edge of the plastic where it transitions, knocks off and ends up in the hippo pops. Ive tried bending up the wire form doesn't seem to work. Anyone?

I had the same thing. Added a little bit of felt on the plastic ramp at the turn before the wireform to slow it down a teeny tiny bit. Works great now.

#624 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Well pointed!

#625 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Ok cool

#626 8 years ago

Here's some pics of Amy ramp that was too tight I repaired both hands probably stronger than the original now but you don't want your ramps the crack so leave a little play in them.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-857.jpgimage-857.jpg image-537.jpgimage-537.jpg
#627 8 years ago

This thread depresses me because I sold my Congo and I really miss it. Stupidest thing I've ever done (well, ONE of the stupidest things I ever done). Couldn't get enough of that volcano shot and the light show accompanying the volcano multiball. Hope to find another one some day as minty as the one I had.

#628 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Here's some pics of Amy ramp that was too tight I repaired both hands probably stronger than the original now but you don't want your ramps the crack so leave a little play in them.

image-857.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-537.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Ok so it moving back and forth from ftont to back is a good thing glad I didn't devise something to make it sturdy lol thax

#629 8 years ago

Does anybody have issues starting Ghost Tribe or Diamond Hunt with 2 balls locked in the volcano? I haven't seen anything on ipdb if its a bug, or if its something with my hardware that might be causing the issue. Any ideas?

#630 8 years ago

So I went the next step with my Congo. Installed a brand new ramp set, removed and cleaned the mini playfield, put some cool white LEDs in to like up Gary the Gorilla and installed a brand new clear window. I think it's look gorgeous now

image.jpgimage.jpg
#631 8 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

So I went the next step with my Congo. Installed a brand new ramp set, removed and cleaned the mini playfield, put some cool white LEDs in to like up Gary the Gorilla and installed a brand new clear window. I think it's look gorgeous now

Yes, it is!

#632 8 years ago
Quoted from initfo:

Does anybody have issues starting Ghost Tribe or Diamond Hunt with 2 balls locked in the volcano? I haven't seen anything on ipdb if its a bug, or if its something with my hardware that might be causing the issue. Any ideas?

I've never seen that, nor have I heard of a bug like that. Any other symptoms when those MBs are supposed to start? Does the game just time out and go into ball search? Could be a switch/opto problem.

#633 8 years ago

No, as far as I can tell its the only thing going wrong. I'm on ROM 2.1.

It's not unheard of here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-sometimes-doesnt-add-second-ball-for-diamond-hunt-multiball

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wish-list-of-bugs-in-wmsbly-wpcwpc95-code-to-fix/page/3#post-1402257

but I've never seen any fixes. I was assuming its a software problem.

#634 8 years ago

So were congo cabinets usually decal or screened? I have a b@w that is screened that was made very late 8/30/96 . Is only the color ones decaled?

#635 8 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

plastics and mirrors look great. now for some cliffys, and target decals?

#636 8 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

plastics and mirrors look great. now for some cliffys, and target decals?

Just got some cliffys! Will install this weekend! Oh there there are target decals? Where can I get these?

#638 8 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Just got some cliffys! Will install this weekend! Oh there there are target decals? Where can I get these?

http://pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/Congo_Page.html

these are of excellent quality.

#639 8 years ago

a few more parts are now available for the Congo from Shapeways, in which some more detail about each part can be learnt from the linked parts

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinkscongo

P1090609 copy.jpgP1090609 copy.jpg

green spirit level for the Congo in which is a similar green (though the flash lightened it up a little) to the apron.

P1090606 copy.jpgP1090606 copy.jpgP1090607 copy.jpgP1090607 copy.jpg

here is a hippo mount that is designed to suit the Schleich brand figures (Schleich brand Hippo - part number 14681 - heaps on ebay for around $10)

The bracket simply screws in using 2 of the screws in the timber side rail. Best to print in the blue and the foot cups are like water splash simulations and then put 4 dabs of silicon glue on the feet and press the hippo into the mount and leave it to dry and then mount into the game. Some people have located the hippo on the ramps but I feel this causes ramp breakages as the hippo is a little weighty and this location does not obstruct play while looking cool and with the shape of the mount the inserts can still be seen.

P1090605 copy.jpgP1090605 copy.jpgP1090603 copy.jpgP1090603 copy.jpgP1090604 copy.jpgP1090604 copy.jpg

#640 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

a few more parts are now available for the Congo from Shapeways, in which some more detail about each part can be learnt from the linked parts
https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinkscongo
P1090609 copy.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
green spirit level for the Congo in which is a similar green (though the flash lightened it up a little) to the apron.
P1090606 copy.jpg (Click image to enlarge)P1090607 copy.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
here is a hippo mount that is designed to suit the Schleich brand figures (Schleich brand Hippo - part number 14681 - heaps on ebay for around $10)
The bracket simply screws in using 2 of the screws in the timber side rail. Best to print in the blue and the foot cups are like water splash simulations and then put 4 dabs of silicon glue on the feet and press the hippo into the mount and leave it to dry and then mount into the game. Some people have located the hippo on the ramps but I feel this causes ramp breakages as the hippo is a little weighty and this location does not obstruct play while looking cool and with the shape of the mount the inserts can still be seen.
P1090605 copy.jpg (Click image to enlarge)P1090603 copy.jpg (Click image to enlarge)P1090604 copy.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Very nice indeed.... I'd like to go for all pieces (except the plunger protector), but I wished the Hippo base could be found with another colors!

#641 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Very nice indeed.... I'd like to go for all pieces (except the plunger protector), but I wished the Hippo base could be found with another colors!

I will open up all the colours with the recommendation of blue...

#642 8 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

the others looks good too

P1050410.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

What is the best way to install the vinyl side blades? Do you just lift up the playfield? I figure it would be easiest to remove the playfield, but I'm not sure how to get it off.

#643 8 years ago

Can anyone take a pic of the backbox layout of the wire colors and bulb placement? I had to get all new sockets for my harness and it wasn't in correctly when I purchased the pin .thax in advance

#644 8 years ago

Hi folks. I'm still looking for a good scan of the playfield near the flippers. I have bad flipper wear on the diamond with the congo logo and the plane on the lower part. I have a small scanner. If someone has a stripped playfield I can ship the scanner to them and pay to have it shipped back. Or of course it would be a lot easier if someone has a file with the scan. Let me know. Thanks.

#646 8 years ago

Right there with ya, I need to build mine from scratch.....

Quoted from bigd1979:

Can anyone take a pic of the backbox layout of the wire colors and bulb placement? I had to get all new sockets for my harness and it wasn't in correctly when I purchased the pin .thax in advance

#647 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Here you go:

CongoBackBoxLights.JPGCongoBackBoxLights.JPG
#649 8 years ago
Quoted from Bok013:

Hi folks. I'm still looking for a good scan of the playfield near the flippers. I have bad flipper wear on the diamond with the congo logo and the plane on the lower part. I have a small scanner. If someone has a stripped playfield I can ship the scanner to them and pay to have it shipped back. Or of course it would be a lot easier if someone has a file with the scan. Let me know. Thanks.

register here and these guys have pretty good scans, then do a search under playfield resources - congo

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=18

#650 8 years ago

Thanks Swinks. I tried there. They have one scan of the full pf but it's not good enough to print. Thanks anyways!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 2,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.