(Topic ID: 207981)

Congo Ball Lock Issue

By ercvacation

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I think I'm having a slight issue with my Congo that recently popped up. I'm having trouble locking a ball when I shoot the left orbit. The ball hits the rollover switch and lights start flashing like it does when you lock a ball but the ball keeps rolling past the volcano and back into the field of play. No ball is locked. How does this process normally work on Congo? Is there another switch that it's supposed to roll over to lock the ball? If someone has a good understanding of how this works, let me know. My memory tells me that the ball rolls past the gate but goes into the volcano

If I lock the ball by the shot on the right that goes under the volcano, it goes around to the top lanes, drops in the saucer and locks the ball.

#2 6 years ago

I had my original post written while I was doing some digging. I checked under the playfield and I found the top loop post. I tested it and it appears to work while looking at underneath. I'm guessing this pops up to divert balls to volcano. Should this be activated when the rollover switch in left orbit is hit while lock is lit?

I probably won't have time to take the volcano off till next weekend. Any help or info is appreciated.

#3 6 years ago

Anybody have any info on this?

#4 6 years ago

Dumb question but does the rollover switch activate in test mode?

#6 6 years ago

I inspected the coil and post last night. When I moved the post manually, it seemed to be bound up a bit. Looks like an alignment issue. After realigning, the post moved freely and the game was back to normal. Sometimes the issue is an easy one. I still like to seek out the help of the pro's on this site in case its not easy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-ball-lock-issue?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.