8640562958_6488e1456e_o.jpg
translite_congo_pinball_williams_01.jpg
image-26-185.jpg
king_kong-1920x1080.jpg
cogo_red.png
williams-logo.gif
volcano.jpg
Congo_Temple.png
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Congo is an awesome game...but the translite is not the best. I've seen one alternate out there, but would like to see some other ideas. Unfortunately, I have 0 skills with Photoshop, so I'm looking for a little help if anyone has the expertise.

Here are some images I grabbed that might be a starting point if combined together?

king_kong-1920x1080.jpgking_kong-1920x1080.jpg

cogo_red.pngcogo_red.png

Congo_Temple.pngCongo_Temple.png

volcano.jpgvolcano.jpg

williams-logo.gifwilliams-logo.gif

And as a copyright disclaimer - I'm not looking to resell anything - this is just for personal use.

#2 9 years ago

What is the dimensions of a Williams (congo) Translite?

#3 9 years ago

I guess I'm in the minority, but I really like the original Congo translite. Great line-drawn art representing all of the key characters in the movie. What don't people like about it - too much Amy? She's the main character!

image-26-185.jpgimage-26-185.jpg
#4 9 years ago

Too much purple Hasselhoff

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Too much purple Hasselhoff

That's Dylan Walsh.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That's Dylan Walsh.

I know but it sure looks like a purple hasselhoff. I use the current alt translite, just not a fan of the cartoony look and the color scheme. I've heard several other people say they like it though. I would love to see Aurich make an alternate for this game.

#7 9 years ago

I have this one in my game. Sorry but I don't sell them so no private emails please.

translite_congo_pinball_williams_01.jpgtranslite_congo_pinball_williams_01.jpg
#8 9 years ago

He looks like Jeremy Clarkson to me......

Anyways, I one do not have a problem with the original. In the grand scheme of translite art, it is far and away better than dozens of other games.

#9 9 years ago

Needs more tits

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I really like the original Congo translite. Great line-drawn art representing all of the key characters in the movie. What don't people like about it - too much Amy? She's the main character!

image-26-185.jpg 139 KB

I like it as well. Much better than the shadow one that I had to buy an alt translite for. I can't see replacing the congo trans.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Needs more tits

or ass like the alternate translite on my Congo

8640562958_6488e1456e_o.jpg8640562958_6488e1456e_o.jpg
#12 9 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I would love to see Aurich make an alternate for this game.

Congo would be a fun project, I might try it some day. I'd personally like to see the translite match the cabinet side art more.

#13 9 years ago

Do it Aurich, you know this would be a fun one to work on! It would be my second Aurich trans set right next to Shadow.

#14 9 years ago

do like mr68's though let me see, by personal email, if he will do me one

#15 9 years ago

Please no not another alternate translite.

#16 9 years ago

While I don't mind the original, anything from Aurich would have my attention.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

While I don't mind the original, anything from Aurich would have my attention.

Haha, thanks. We'll see, definitely sounds like a fun idea. Congo is a great game. I don't really dislike the original translite either, but I don't think it's all that great. I really like the cab side art, if they'd been able to bring that to the translite it would have looked awesome, a little more menacing.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha, thanks. We'll see, definitely sounds like a fun idea. Congo is a great game. I don't really dislike the original translite either, but I don't think it's all that great. I really like the cab side art, if they'd been able to bring that to the translite it would have looked awesome, a little more menacing.

I agree about the cab artwork. The game is hot right now, great time for another translite!!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I agree about the cab artwork. The game is hot right now, great time for another translite!!

+1 to that

#20 9 years ago

I am in if you do one Aurich.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Congo would be a fun project, I might try it some day. I'd personally like to see the translite match the cabinet side art more.

I just bought one of the alternates that are available. I haven't installed it yet but my main concern is the lighting and how it's integrated with the translite art. If you decide to do one I would be a buyer if you could achieve this better.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I agree the art on Congo looks fantastic! Other than Aurichs Shadow Translite I have yet to see any Alt Translite art that doesn't look cheesy and classless. To each their own I guess.

#23 9 years ago

Just so there's no confusion, I didn't make the alternative translate I posted. I purchased it.

#24 9 years ago

Well no promises, nothing I have time to start right now, but I'll consider it since it seems like there is interest.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well no promises, nothing I have time to start right now, but I'll consider it since it seems like there is interest.

Awesome

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

How can I see some of your past work?

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Just so there's no confusion, I didn't make the alternative translate I posted. I purchased it.

Cool. PM sent asking if you can make me one, too.

#28 9 years ago

I don 't generally do alternate translites except Aurich's Shadow. If I still had Demo Man and someone reproduced the original prototype translite (that one that Snipes shot down) I would have gone for one of those.

That said, if an Aurich-quality Congo translite were made, that either matched the side art or book or movie art, I would have to consider one. I do like the original, but it's not the best fit with the other art on the game.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How can I see some of your past work?

You can see Aurich's past work here

The Shadow
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-new-original-alternate-translite-speaker-panel-cards

AC/DC Helen
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-original-translite-meet-helen

I have the Shadow translite on my game and it looks awesome and did an amazing job of lining up and tying in the flashers with the artwork. Also included matching speaker panel artwork which also helps give it that complete look. These are my two biggest pet peeves about alternate translites because the lighting doesn't line up with anything and doesn't flow with the existing speaker panel artwork.

Aurich if you do a Congo alternate translite you can count me in for sure!

#31 9 years ago

That acdc translite is badass aurich, reminds me of some of coops rock poster art.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

That acdc translite is badass aurich, reminds me of some of coops rock poster art.

Thanks, I discovered later that Coop even did a Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be album design for a compilation of covers by other bands or something. So was even more Coop-like than I meant for it to be!

#33 9 years ago

Count me in, if there's an Aurich Congo Translite!

#34 9 years ago

I'm in if you do one Aurich!

#35 9 years ago

Also in for Aurich

#37 9 years ago

Bruce Campbell makes anything better. Too bad he died in the movie so quick or maby Congo would have turned into a classic. If an alternate translight is made, maybe add him in on it somewhere.

#38 9 years ago

I'm hoping someday Aurich would do a BSD translight. We need a poll!

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

That's the other one on my short list for when I feel up to tackling a translite again. Shadow, Congo, and BSD are my bad movie/awesome game trilogy. With honorable mention to JM.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

I'm still hoping he whips out a doctor who.

#41 9 years ago

Congo please Aurich

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm still hoping he whips out a Doctor Who.

I'm pretty sure I already shot this one down in a forum post somewhere, but the short version is I just can't see doing it. The translite that's there really fits the game, I can't see improving that.

Quoted from wcbrandes:

Congo please Aurich

I wonder if I filled an arena with Congo supporters and BSD supporters (and lions) who would come out the victor?

I'm going to put the kids to bed and then start sculpting the last round of these Metallica hammers. Once I finish those I really should get back to this other Metallica project I've started and restarted a couple times. But after THAT I have no projects in the pipeline. And I need to have something going, it's what keeps me sane. So I'll definitely ponder another translite project.

#43 9 years ago

Congo just plain more fun to do Aurich!

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Congo just plain more fun to do Aurich!

It does sound like fun. But on the other hand, vampires ...

#45 9 years ago

Vampires suck

#47 9 years ago

Congo has killer albino apes!

#48 9 years ago

6801 machines (BSD) vs. 2129 machines (congo). More machines, probably more sales. I don't even have the game (yet) and I will buy one.

#49 9 years ago

Was looking for Congo ideas... Here's something I've never seen... How come no one is modding Congo toys for the play field? Adding LEDs to the figures eyes or guns?

image-158.jpgimage-158.jpg image-970.jpgimage-970.jpg
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-alternate-translite-ideas/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.