You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-4.jpg
Laser_Level.jpg
leg_leveler_heavy_duty.jpg
557277_415222621874225_644155113_n[1]..jpg
There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 11 years ago

I thought I read in Jack's comments that they are still adjusting coil strength so that should not BA an issue. I was playing MB last night and if you do not hit the left ramp clean, the ball will not make it up. We were talking about stronger coils but the machine was designed for the coils in it. Upgrading to stronger coils just masks bad shots. You can be off a little a force the shot more. Better players will learn to make the shot cleaner. The stronger coils will cause the targets and ramps to receive more wear. I personally do not change to stronger coils.

Not sure what they will do on WOZ but they are still tweaking so we will just have to wait until many get to play it in a few weeks are let us know what they think.

#202 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

I thought I read in Jack's comments that they are still adjusting coil strength so that should not BA an issue. I was playing MB last night and if you do not hit the left ramp clean, the ball will not make it up. We were talking about stronger coils but the machine was designed for the coils in it. Upgrading to stronger coils just masks bad shots. You can be off a little a force the shot more. Better players will learn to make the shot cleaner. The stronger coils will cause the targets and ramps to receive more wear. I personally do not change to stronger coils.
Not sure what they will do on WOZ but they are still tweaking so we will just have to wait until many get to play it in a few weeks are let us know what they think.

All this coil talk is a direct result of peoples concern with the games speed. It's a slow game.

#203 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

All this coil talk is a direct result of peoples concern with the games speed. It's a slow game.

I disagree, people think the coil is not strong enough to get the ball up the ramps.

I think it is obvious the PF does not not have much pitch in the game in the video. The action would be faster by a lot with just a 1/2 degree more pitch. I don't understand why they keep filming the pin with such a small amount of pitch. Anybody here that does not believe that, increase or decrease one of your games at home by 1/2 degree and see how much it changes. You will be surprised if you have never tried it.

Looking forward to hearing people that actually touch and play the pin in person in a few weeks have to say. Ball speed in a video always seems different in person than on video to me.

#204 11 years ago

Game is so incredibly hyped!!So much has been put on this....greatest machine ever and what not.It will be picked apart and over analysed and loved and hated by all forever.Scott

#205 11 years ago

Pappy ,
What lighting is that ? That's a Tron Pro but not With EL wire?

#206 11 years ago

Bottom line, diehard WOZ fanboys: Realize and Accept that some do not like the theme, music, gameplay or whatever. Evidently it is hard for a few of you, gauging your sensitivity to anybody questioning or disliking the WOZ. As any other game that is produced, some will say greatest game ever, some will say blah blah blah to protect their "investment", and some will sell quickly, the game not being for them. Some will never even order or have any interest at all, and will wait for the next game to come along.

It's ok if someone has a different opinion than you. Really. You will be okay, if you can get this. Some people don't like some of the games in this site's top ten list..SO WHAT? You can't please everybody.

#207 11 years ago

Of course we know people aren't going to like something. I barely like 5% of the titles that have come out in the past 20 years.

The problem is the inordinate number of people that feel like pissing on WOZ threads by telling everyone just how much they don't like what everyone else in the thread is there to talk about. Just think about what would happen to this place if we all did that. If we all felt compelled to pop into each and every thread about a machine we don't like, merely to tell everyone else that earth-shatteringly important information that no one else could possibly get along without.

#208 11 years ago

I think I'm going to choose a manufacturer and/or game to start hating on. So I think everyone here that owns a Gottlieb game better look out!

FACT: Gottlieb doesn't exist anymore. What's that about? Do they hate America?
FACT: Gottlieb is a funny sounding word. Is that some kind of code for Polish spies? Do they hate America?
FACT: Gottlieb machines sometimes will stop working. What's that about? Sounds like some serious quality control issues to me.

#209 11 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

It's ok if someone has a different opinion than you

Word!!Agree to disagree,and play the games YOU like.

#210 11 years ago

I totally agree with those that think the custom voices are pretty poor. I'd rather have just clips from the movie and then some seperate voice doing all the custom calls like on LOTR or Spiderman. Considering the big deal JJP made about voice auditions, the end result isn't good and I'm surprised how heavily used the custom call outs have been used. I think about 80% of the call outs in theat video clip were from the impersonators. JJP paid for the rights to use clips from the film, USE THEM!

#211 11 years ago

I think it is obvious the PF does not not have much pitch in the game in the video. The action would be faster by a lot with just a 1/2 degree more pitch. I don't understand why they keep filming the pin with such a small amount of pitch. Anybody here that does not believe that, increase or decrease one of your games at home by 1/2 degree and see how much it changes. You will be surprised if you have never tried it.

This is pure speculation. And I think you are wrong. JJP was criticized a ton for the last video because the ball was floating on the PF. As it turned out, that was because the pin was on a pin cart! You really think that they are going to make the same mistake again?

The ball is not floating in this recent video like it was in the last one. Fact is, the ball speed shown here is pretty much what I would expect from a Wide Body pin. It looks *very* similar to the speed (or lack thereof) that I see on my RS (and I *love* RS). If people are looking for a fast playing pin, I think they will need to look elsewhere, because WoZ isn't going to be fast.

#212 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I totally agree with those that think the custom voices are pretty poor. I'd rather have just clips from the movie and then some seperate voice doing all the custom calls like on LOTR or spiderman. Considering the big deal JJP made about voice auditions, the end result isn't good and I'm surprised how heavily used the custom call outs have been used. I think about 80% of the call outs in theat video clip were from the impersonators. JJP paid for the rights to use clips from the film, USE THEM!

Yeah I just don't get not using the real voices if they have the license to do so. Makes me ever so slightly worried about their #2 honestly. I know licensing can be a strange world: Do they really have the rights to use the original actors' lines?

#213 11 years ago

I disagree, people think the coil is not strong enough to get the ball up the ramps.

Looking forward to hearing people that actually touch and play the pin in person in a few weeks have to say. Ball speed in a video always seems different in person than on video to me.

Quoted from RobT:

This is pure speculation. And I think you are wrong. JJP was criticized a ton for the last video because the ball was floating on the PF. As it turned out, that was because the pin was on a pin cart! You really think that they are going to make the same mistake again?

The ball is not floating in this recent video like it was in the last one. Fact is, the ball speed shown here is pretty much what I would expect from a Wide Body pin. It looks *very* similar to the speed (or lack thereof) that I see on my RS (and I *love* RS). If people are looking for a fast playing pin, I think they will need to look elsewhere, because WoZ isn't going to be fast.

The odds would indeed seem highly unlikely that someone with the multiple decades of pinball experience that Jack has--and with all the resources at his disposal--wouldn't use one of these to attain the exact pitch he desired upon setting up a game to be played/tested. It's one of the first things I do when I bring a new game in to the house. That said, it's still video of a test mule.

Laser_Level.jpgLaser_Level.jpg

#214 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Yeah I just don't get not using the real voices if they have the license to do so. Makes me ever so slightly worried about their #2 honestly. I know licensing can be a strange world: Do they really have the rights to use the original actors' lines?

Once again. This is an unfinished game. They have the rights to use the assets of the entire movie. No one in the movie ever said anything pinball related, so there are custom voices for that stuff.

#215 11 years ago

So Huyck had a future pinball machine in mind when he wrote, "You cheat Dr. Jones!"? No one said anything pinball related in Indiana Jones movies or Predator either, and with the exception of a very few lines from Davies they were nonetheless able to cobble together a huge array of game relevant call outs straight from the licensed source material.

And I'm not commenting on the use of third party voice work per se anyway, but the quality, (or lack thereof) in the clip. All I can comment on IS the unfinished game, because, well, it isn't finished.

#216 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

So Huyck had a future pinball machine in mind when he wrote, "You cheat Dr. Jones!"? No one said anything pinball related in Indiana Jones movies or Predator either, and with the exception of a very few lines from Davies they were nonetheless able to cobble together a huge array of game relevant call outs straight from the licensed source material.
And I'm not commenting on the use of third party voice work per se anyway, but the quality, (or lack thereof) in the clip. All I can comment on IS the unfinished game, because, well, it isn't finished.

Great, then...continue to comment on the video clip...I'm sure it's an accurate representation of every single voice/video used in the final game

#217 11 years ago

There is a 15 minute long video of gameplay and new features some folks haven't seen up close including mech's coming out at the end of the day. It's encoding now. Just an FYI. It's 720p.

#218 11 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I really like the mods, very nice. Looks like you need to put a cover over the left light cycle insert to block the FO lights. Small snippet of construction paper and some tape...

Good idea, thanks for the tip.

Pappy

#219 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Pappy ,
What lighting is that ? That's a Tron Pro but not With EL wire?

It's a Tron LE.

Pappy

#220 11 years ago
Quoted from joestro78:

I think I'm going to choose a manufacturer and/or game to start hating on. So I think everyone here that owns a Gottlieb game better look out!
FACT: Gottlieb doesn't exist anymore. What's that about? Do they hate America?FACT: Gottlieb is a funny sounding word. Is that some kind of code for Polish spies? Do they hate America?FACT: Gottlieb machines sometimes will stop working. What's that about? Sounds like some serious quality control issues to me.

Try posting an image of a Gottlieb schematic, manual, scorecard, solid state pin rom image etc and watch how Gottlieb suddenly "exists". Really fast.

#221 11 years ago

sounds cool Alex, thanks!

Quoted from Pinchroma:

There is a 15 minute long video of gameplay and new features some folks haven't seen up close including mech's coming out at the end of the day. It's encoding now. Just an FYI. It's 720p.

#222 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Good:
1) Man those LEDs are beautiful. Peerless.
2) Original. I can't think of anything like it.

Bad:
1) My god. Those call outs are terrible, and I don't mean just the beta code repetition, I mean the acting. It's flat out awful. That's what immediately flipped the switch for my Dad. He heard the shitty Lion and just checked out. If they're looking for the well to do older Oz fan crowd to buy a few for thematic reasons, that's an issue.
2) The music. Yes, I know it's Oz, but it's not the original score, and again, it's not well done. Another deal breaker for my folks.

Neutral because this is (hopefully) so beta, but it's not my fault they released the video:
1) Those flippers seem hopelessly underpowered for the scale of that table.
2) The whole game seems to be played in a valley. A long deep valley. It seems sort of empty and slow. (And I LOVE Indiana Jones.)

I'm listing the above as BAD because they are not likely to change unlike those listed as Neutral. I would go nucking futs listening to that host of C-list voice actors and poorly synthed Oz score. I mean, I hate the original movie, but I can't deny its Pavlovian ability to evoke childhood memories. This machine sounds like a trip to MagiQuest at Great Wolf with my kids, not the movie I was forced to watch 200 times as a child.

It is SO pretty. So, SO pretty. The toys look really cool. I have little doubt the code will spruce up gameplay and I just can't believe they won't power up those coils. But even so, man, I hope those lights aren't just perfume on a pig.

I tend to agree with you on most of your comments. However I don't think ALL of the callouts are terrible. The witch is certainly the worst to me, just terrible, but the others are ok. I'm sure Jack didn't use sound clips from the movie because people pleaded with him to use original quotes. They wanted the voices to call out shots in the game and not just be some random clip from the movie.

As much as I love Chris Granner's work, I don't think this stacks up with some of his better games such as LOTR, IJ or EATPM. I really hope that when I get my game with the new sound system that I change my mind.

The gameplay has me puzzled. It just doesn't look like there is much challenge to it. I just have to play it or see more videos before I judge it. Those big ass trees and the witch in a bottle do not impress me. I love the upper playfields though. The third flipper placement is interesting too.

This will be the first mass produced pins with an LCD. This is the biggest visual advancement in pinball and will set the standard of all pins to come. However nobody is saying how cool it looks? I'm curious if the four way split screen is going to be as predominant as we see in this video? I'm sure it will go to the cut scenes when you start and complete modes. Still I'm wondering if there needs to be more going on there.

The more I see of this game the more questions I have. Personally I am not as excited about this game as I was a year ago. Might be that my expectations were too high. I really want to like it, for obvious reasons but I'm starting to have my doubts. I will give an honest full review when I get mine.

Pappy

#223 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I am eagerly waiting this. Jack's videos are appreciated but I don't think that Ted is about to hire him as cinematographer on his next project!

#224 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Cool

I think everyone who likes pinball should hope WOZ is a success as it will mean more choice in the long run and Stern will continue to react to JJP.

And most of us want a second JJP.

#225 11 years ago

I've never been interested in the game due to theme. I will say the artwork, LCD and lights all look very good. However, one of the biggest reasons why I can never buy this game is the basic soundtrack is bad. Too hear simple, lilting music over and over as the background is a bad choice IMO. Maybe I'm wrong and there will be a lot of heart pumping, exciting music (still in the WOZ style) in the final game. But I don't expect it.

I don't take sides in the Stern/JJP wars and more pin choices are better but, man, fix the music!

#226 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Cool
I think everyone who likes pinball should hope WOZ is a success as it will mean more choice in the long run and Stern will continue to react to JJP.
And most of us want a second JJP.

Truth. Very much looking forward to the new video!

#227 11 years ago

Alex has me on the hook now!

#228 11 years ago

It's not too late to fix the music. Don't know why they have to be so stubborn about this. The music always sounds the same and has for the past 6 months or so. Have you ever seen that much bad press about a pinball soundtrack? All you have to do is watch the toto escapes clip and you realize how much better the original soundtrack is than the midi stuff. Then consider what can be done to modernize and there are some big possibilities. Also the callouts can be improved by running them through some plug ins like Audioease Speakerphone, which can make them sound like they were pulled from the original film.

#229 11 years ago

I'm not unhappy with the music at all. It's exactly as I expected. "Mulitbald Mountain" is especially killer. As with anything, people with complaints are typically more vocal than those without.

#230 11 years ago

This newest vid just confirms the pin isn't for me. Glad they are getting made, but I won't own one.

Scott

#231 11 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Bottom line, diehard WOZ fanboys: Realize and Accept that some do not like the theme, music, gameplay or whatever. Evidently it is hard for a few of you, gauging your sensitivity to anybody questioning or disliking the WOZ.

Newsflash... Nobody cares that you don't like it. Haven't you figured that out yet? You whining endlessly about how you hate the theme *adds nothing to the conversation* so spare us!

Hey, I think yet another comic book character'd pinball machine is about the most boring thing I can imagine, but I have the decency to not shit up every thread with my personal opinion that nobody really cares about. Perhaps you should consider doing the same? We get it. You'd rather some 60 year old rocker with Hepatitis B or a muscled guy in spandex on your backglass. Good for you. Thanks for sharing, but enough is enough.

#232 11 years ago

Always been interested in the game because of the theme and Granner's score.

I'm not disappointed.

#233 11 years ago

I have to admit that this is the first time that I watched a clip or read a release that caused me to have doubts. It did look a bit clunky but I am still all in!

#234 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Where is it!?!?

#235 11 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Where is it!?!?

Hanging out with the MIA test location machine I imagine.

#236 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Hanging out with the MIA test location machine I imagine.

Crap.

Beat me to it.

#237 11 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

This newest vid just confirms the pin isn't for me. Glad they are getting made, but I won't own one.
Scott

You will have one in the next five years.

#238 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

You will have one in the next five years.

With a little luck, we will too.

#239 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

With a little luck, we will too.

#240 11 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Where is it!?!?

In the hands of JJP to upload to YouTube. I finished with it at like 4ish but they wanted to trim it a bit. 15 mins was too lengthy I guess. Its coming and it's 1080 not. 720

#241 11 years ago

Thanx for doing the edit, it's always good to see someone continue to follow through with their word regardless of the pinotics(pinball politics) involved.

#242 11 years ago

any flying monkeys?

#243 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

In the hands of JJP to upload to YouTube. I finished with it at like 4ish but they wanted to trim it a bit. 15 mins was too lengthy I guess. Its coming and it's 1080 not. 720

I hope this isn't a silly question but can I ask you what is your relationship with JJP?

#244 11 years ago

Thanks Alex

#245 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I hope this isn't a silly question but can I ask you what is your relationship with JJP?

I help with geek crap. I'm local so it's easy to Lend a hand. No reason to not help the pinball community.

#246 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Newsflash... Nobody cares that you don't like it. Haven't you figured that out yet? You whining endlessly about how you hate the theme *adds nothing to the conversation* so spare us!
Hey, I think yet another comic book character'd pinball machine is about the most boring thing I can imagine, but I have the decency to not shit up every thread with my personal opinion that nobody really cares about. Perhaps you should consider doing the same? We get it. You'd rather some 60 year old rocker with Hepatitis B or a muscled guy in spandex on your backglass. Good for you. Thanks for sharing, but enough is enough.

Ummm, did you have me CONFUSED with someone else, or are you, "EXAMPLE #1", on the SENSITIVITY thing? Just wondering. If you say you are not confused, then I think you need to RE-READ my post. Did not say I did not like it, not whining endlessly I hate the theme, did not talk about men in spandex, 60 year old rockers, hepatitis b, backglass, etc...all your words above.....Just talking in general on how SOME, i.e. you, obviously, get all worked up over someone who posts something about woz, that you do not agree with, and start making personal attacks.

Hey, I have a Roadshow, love the game. Most people don't. Have yet to attack someone personal because they do not agree with me on a pin, unlike you.

Hope Jack makes it, want to see the second game. Great for pinball community. First one not for me, no big deal, for most people. If you confused me with someone else, you are forgiven. Maybe you had a bad day. If not, you are, at this time, "EXAMPLE #1".

#247 11 years ago

WTF!!!! Stop, do you people not realize you are both saying the same thing from both sides? Everybody takes everything personal because it is hard to get the message across in text. I use quotes to discuss like everyone else but it is to understand where I am coming from, not to attack. Everybody on the WOZ side is tired of all the negativity and are touchy. Anybody that is not in feels free to bash for whatever reason instead of just being happy for fellow pinsiders.

Let's discuss pinball with friends, not fight. It is OK to disagree just try not to get snippy about it. We are all on Pinside to enjoy pinball. It is a game, games are fun, let's enjoy. I know I almost make it sound like I am asking to start a lovefest, but that would be better than fighting.
Love you guys (Man Love)

#248 11 years ago

Everybody on the WOZ side is tired of all the negativity and are touchy. Anybody that is not in feels free to bash for whatever reason instead of just being happy for fellow pinsiders.

I'm on the WOZ side and the negativity does not bother me one bit. I look at it as payback for all the negative posts WOZerrs have been doing to Stern people for years Try posting how much you like your AC/DC or Xmen and see what happens. Or better yet, say something nice about Gary Stern and see what happens.

Pappy

#249 11 years ago

When initiated PERSONAL attacks stop, then will so the replys. Works in marriages, playgrounds, pinball forums, whatever. Some guys want to attack personally, most men will reply. Nature. Might be a great time to simply close the thread.

#250 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I'm on the WOZ side and the negativity does not bother me one bit. I look at it as payback for all the negative posts WOZerrs have been doing to Stern people for years Try posting how much you like your AC/DC or Xmen and see what happens. Or better yet, say something nice about Gary Stern and see what happens.
Pappy

You are right Pappy it goes both ways. Really annoys me because I love ALL pinball. I don't own any new Sterns because They are limited here and I have never wanted to spend that much. I am looking now because I love playing them all. We do not even have ACDC or Tron up here anywhere yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/confirmed-woz-is-headed-to-ppe-hd-video-today/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.