no game code.gif
image-10.jpg
PinZombies-300x300.jpg
WD_Tribute_450px.jpg
Team_Rick_SM.jpg
Feat-DVDFeat.png
daryl.jpg
tammy.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is the ultimate test for me. I will probably fail the test too.
Zombies is the theme that I've wanted more than anything since I got into the hobby about 4 years ago

I agree with Rob. I said no more NIB for new games with unfinished code...but this theme...jeez...not sure I can resist. I hope the art package is good and no actor's faces on the back glass...

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I would wager a very large sum that there will be actors' faces on at least the pro model.

I can live with that on the Pro . . . but don't ruin an LE with an actors mug . . . that was one of the many things Stern got right with ST . . . the LE backglass was awesome.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

All boils down to CODE no matter who makes it !!!!

Not true . . . no code would have saved Avengers. The shot layout was not good, no flow, nothing satisfying to shoot for.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Everyone remain calm and don't start 38 different threads about the same thing!
Mods! To your battle stations! Batten down the hatches! This is what you had all those drills for!!

Haha! You got that right. We don't even have a single pic yet either . . .

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well, price gouging hopefully won't be an issue.

That why we need to hope the numbers are higher in the realm where ST was for the LE . . . make enough for those that want them in the first waive.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Call me a crazy hype train passenger but I just preordered an LE. Incomplete code or not; at least on this preorder I know I will have my hands on a game in a few months, not years. #imasucker

Stern doesn't allow pre-orders to my knowledge at this stage. They have to make the official release announcement which they have not done as of yet.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Then you certainly haven't spoken to a distributor yet.

Hmm, that would be a new policy. Calling my distro now.

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There is no doubt in my mind that, similar to Tron, the community played a huge role in this game being made. Tron f'ing rocks, so as far as I'm concerned, we're batting 1000.

Let's hope they keep listening to us and do a darn mirror'd backglass for the LE . . . I still can't believe they didn't do one for Mustang LE.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

4) Artwork. Probably the main reason I've wanted a zombie themed pin is for the potentially great artwork.

This This This This This. If the rumors are true and it is a hand drawn art package . . . then that is huge.

Quoted from RobT:

1) how many LE's are going to be made? If it's 800 like STLE, I'm out.

I agree the LE should be a true LE and limit it to 500 . . . unless this game has the LCD, in which case they need to allow whoever wants to pre-order the chance at an LE (without going through a flipper, like what happened with MetLE...still burns my ass) so a larger number is cool with me.

Quoted from RobT:

3) Confirmation that Lyman is lead programmer. If not, I'm out.

I agree with this as well, though I would like to add that it would be nice to get a commitment from them that the code will be further along at release than previous games had been to date . . . that seems reasonable.

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

so no one should be complaining

I disagree. If we pay over 7k for a new machine we have the right to bitch all we want if we are forced to re-live our XM or ST experience. Tiger Head.gifTiger Head.gif

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Write it on your calendar, with my picture besides it.

Haha! At least change the picture from creepy Phantasm man to some kind of hot naked female zombie . . . while we wait. LOL

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

That's not from Phantasm. That's actually Vid. Or at least how I picture him when he's cutting someone's argument to shreds.

Wouldn't you rather picture him as a hot naked female zombie?

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Funny part is that it is not rare at anything over 250. What was the last <250 LE? TronLE?

Tron had 350 LE's I believe.

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But I have put quite a number of requirements on this one to proceed with an LE preorder. We will see if they all happen.

One other requirement should be that they have a mirrored backglass . . . I still can't believe Stern went cheap on the Mustang LE with no mirrored backglass . . .

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

We know that MMR is scheduled for their factory in October.

How do we know this? MMr also could be late October and give Stern time to pump these out.

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

bondage zombie.png 172 KB

Ah, dude . . . that's just wrong. You get a thumbs up . . . but LOL.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No chance since it will be based on the AMC version. Photoshopped with assets from the tv show...almost a guarantee. It still could look cool, but the jury is still out...way out!

I think we have a shot at Dirty Donny doing the artwork . . .

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

DITTO!!!!!!!!! The darker the better!! Enough with this s*** family pin type games coming out. We need at least ONE dark game like BSD.

Yep, a full blown adult theme game would be awesome. Stern shys away from this but I think they are listening to the collectors a little more than they use to (hand drawn dots, hand drawn art, more innovation, real back glass, etc).

Perhaps we will get our adult themed game too.

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

What if the TV show characters made into comic book art?

This is what many of us are hearing/predicting. Hand drawn art based on the tv actors.

So long as it isn't photoshopped actors faces everywhere I'm in. Won't do it if a bunch of actors mugs are staring at me from everywhere.

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

FWIW the only thing I heard was hand-drawn art of TV characters(and this info is not a couple months old)

Exactly what I've been hearing.

#402 9 years ago

I'm not sure if I understand why it is so difficult to code these games. I understand it is not easy but stern does have multiple professionals working on not many games...six months for an update? Really?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/confirmed-sterns-next-pin-is-the-walking-dead?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.