no game code.gif
image-10.jpg
PinZombies-300x300.jpg
WD_Tribute_450px.jpg
Team_Rick_SM.jpg
Feat-DVDFeat.png
daryl.jpg
tammy.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Thanks to JediTurtle for posting this pic in the other thread. This is from the Blu-ray that was released today.

Proof that TWD is Stern's next pin.

TWD.jpgTWD.jpg

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Great, I'm in...unfinished code and all What a sucker I am, all you So Cal folks can wait a few months and buy my HUO off me

This is the ultimate test for me. I will probably fail the test too.

Zombies is the theme that I've wanted more than anything since I got into the hobby about 4 years ago

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

My wife and I are huge fans of the show and she's already given me the go ahead. I feel like I have that syndrome where you fall in love with your attacker or a person who beats you....what's it like Stockholm Syndrome?

I'm a big fan of the show as well. I'd prefer artwork based on the comics though.

#29 9 years ago

Stern beats JPop to the punch with their zombie themed pin.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Well, there's JPOP's Zombie Adventureland and Spooky's zombie game on the horizon. We know those will have nice art packages and lots of custom features.

Apparently you missed the initial release pictures of the artwork on the playfield for Spookys zombie pin. Just terrible!

Maybe beat him with a game out the door, but I'm willing to bet quality and innovation will be no contest. And what's most important for a game you'll be playing for years and years?

Sorry, not remotely worth the risk or the wait to me

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Are you sure? I though Lyman rotated designers each time because they all want him? Borg/Lyman did Metallica so I doubt Ritchie and Trudeau say yeah go ahead and take him again.

Rumor is that it's "all hands on deck" for each title going forward, meaning that there isn't really one programmer on each pin. Rumor is that all of the programmers were helping to get ST code updated, including Lyman.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

That is very good news, indeed. They will bounce good ideas off each other.

I'd personally say it's debatable whether that's good news.

Ask a programmer. Too many chefs in the kitchen.

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If the amount you "lose" when selling is the same on either model, just go all out and go LE

I couldn't agree more with this.

I mean if you are going to gamble and pre-order the pin without playing it, the *only* one that makes sense do so on would be the LE. What reason would there be to pre-order a Premium or Pro? They aren't limited. You will get one eventually if you want one. They won't sell out. Same can't be said for the LE.

For me the deciding factors on whether I take a gamble and order the LE will be: 1) how many LE's are going to be made? If it's 800 like STLE, I'm out. 2) Price. If it's near $8k like STLE was, I'm out. 3) Confirmation that Lyman is lead programmer. If not, I'm out. 4) Artwork. Probably the main reason I've wanted a zombie themed pin is for the potentially great artwork. If the artwork sucks, with too many pictures of actors instead of well drawn zombies, I'm out.

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree with this as well, though I would like to add that it would be nice to get a commitment from them that the code will be further along at release than previous games had been to date . . . that seems reasonable.

Meh. Star Trek code was actually "further along" than most Stern releases. There wasn't a bunch of missing modes or obvious things that weren't implemented, but code still wasn't very good. MET had a lot of obvious stuff missing, but it was still better than ST early on in my opinion.

But I understand what you are saying. It was a very long wait for MET code to get where it is now.

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I disagree. If we pay over 7k for a new machine we have the right to bitch all we want if we are forced to re-live our XM or ST experience.

That's true. I don't think we should stop complaining. I think the point is more about how we shouldn't be at all surprised when it takes almost a year to get code update to where we want it.

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Tron had 350 LE's I believe.

Edit: I gotta read all the posts before replying!

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

translation...you are buying one. weakling

It's basically my number 1 theme. It's the only reason that I was in on JPop's RAZA for a time.

But I have put quite a number of requirements on this one to proceed with an LE preorder. We will see if they all happen.

#278 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern will never make 1000 LEs. 500 is the magic number, give or take.

I agree. So how the hell did they come up with 800 for STLE? My guess? They saw JJP selling (more than) 1000 WOZ LE's and that they plan on selling 1500 Hobbit LE's. So Stern says "F it, if they can sell that many LE's, we can easily sell 800 of them with a theme like Star Trek and Ritchie as the designer".

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's usually just a few months after announcement that they're shipping.

Correct.

I wonder if this will be a little different though? Stern's hands were forced a bit with the announcement since it had to coincide with the release of the Blu-ray. So maybe this won't be as quick as normal.

Usually they will start shipping 2 months or less from the date that they officially announce the title *with* most of the specs. We have zero info at this point other than what the theme is.

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

My money would be on these hitting the line before MMR.

I'd definitely agree with that.

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You don't know that. It could be based on the TV show *and* be hand drawn style.
Borg is clearly a proponent of hand drawn art, as evidenced by his last 2 games. X-Men & Metallica.

Plus the rumor is Dirty Donny is doing the artwork for TWD

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Geeze, I hope not.

I know a lot of people will feel this way.

I don't think his style fits the kind of zombie artwork that I am wanting.

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I will gladly take Dirty Donnie over a photoshopped TV show theme.................

Me too, but there is no reason that those should be our only 2 choices.

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

If you stick to these rules, "you're out".

It's certainly possible.

But I don't think any one of them is that hard for Stern to meet.

No way they should make 800 LE's again.

There's no reason it should cost close to $8k, especially without an LCD.

In theory, it's Lyman's turn.

Artwork is something that will remain to be seen obviously, but pins like X-Men and MET tell me that Stern is certainly capable of giving me artwork that I will be pleased with on a zombie themed pin.

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have a trusted source that has told me that all 799 STLE's have been built. Unless you have a source that says otherwise, sorry - I can't go with the Ice/Rob speculation, which seems to be fueled by the fact that you guys bought it, disliked it, sold it.

In fairness to Ice, he never bought it, because it was overpriced to begin with and there were too many LE's to make them true LE's in his opinion. He didn't like the artwork either. Didn't feel it was a good value.

I bailed because the code was boring as hell and didn't want to wait 6-9 months for code update.

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He didn't work on ST or Mustang....so - yeah, he's up to bat.

I've heard that Lyman did indeed help with the upcoming ST code update. What "help" means specifically is up for speculation.

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Yeah, just got the call from Stern about this pricing as well. 500 LE models (at least, maybe more, but 500 is the current number). No premium models. Also, more pics and features will be released by Stern on the 12th of September. Stern was caught a bit off guard, as they didn't expect the leak.

Leak? What leak? It was in the Blu-ray release. No way Stern didn't know about that.

#448 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh believe me, it's easy to lose track of that stuff. Someone whips up a promo graphic after getting an email about it and sends it out, maybe even months ago. Few people even know it exists, no one is tracking the release of the Blu-Ray or the date for it changed and no one bothered to tell Stern. Boom, caught off guard.
I deal with these kinds of screw ups all the time, it's easy to believe for me.

Yeah, I don't believe you.

Seriously, that would be a blunder of epic proportions. Hard to believe that even Stern could be that incompetent.

Either way, it wasn't a "leak".

#463 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

That's the thing though, what if there's no Premium this time around? I hope they do, but it might be a possibility they don't make a Premium and we're stuck with LE/Pro options only.

I have a very, very hard time believing that they won't do a premium.

#471 9 years ago

I may be reading too much into this, but if Stern doesn't plan on a Premium version, it tells me that they don't think that they can sell too many of these?

That doesn't make sense to me personally, but I guessed I am biased as I love a Zombie theme and I love TWD.

#487 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We haven't even seen the machine yet. Why not make big decisions and pronouncements after the reveal?

I don't think we need to see shit for people to know that they would like the option of a Premium package.

#503 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

TSPP
Sopranos
WPT
FGY
WOF
CSI
TSPP has been the only big seller for TV themed games. TWD has a strong franchise with the comic books and merchandising similar to TSPP. I don't get the whole zombie thing, but hope it sells good for Stern.

I meant that if they aren't going to offer a Premium it meant that they think that they can't sell too many LE's. Not talking about pros.

#504 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Stern has sold all of the LE's to distro's. Looks like gold to me.

So why wouldn't they offer a Premium version of TWD?

#521 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Exactly. Stern didn't say that there will NEVER be a premium, just that they aren't offering one when the title launches. It's a smart move from a business standpoint. If the game is a hit, there is no doubt in my mind that there will be a premium.

Has Stern ever made a Release Announcement where a Premium wasn't offered up front but they released a Premium later?

Even Avengers had a Premium announced at release didn't it? Even though not many were made?

#523 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Stern knows if they are making a premium and will have it on the cut sheet next week. If there is no premium on the sheet with pro and le features, I highly doubt they will make it later on. It has to be designed at the same time as the other models.

Yep, and that was my point based on prior history.

#539 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

o the Monster edition was not. As a person who was promised a LE and then let down I know.
Read the announcement I posted. Only the "Road Case Premium" was announced

That might be, but that has nothing to do with my point.

I was talking about whether Stern has ever released a Premium when a Premium wasn't announced at release.

A Premium MET was announced at release. They later added a second Premium.

#541 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So my point is they could announce a premium at a later date.

It's possible. But they have never done that.

#549 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Well, I'm hoping they announce a Premium at the same time as the LE and Pro. If they wait to see if the LE's sell well and then add a Premium option, I'd be a little pissed. I won't pay $8k for and LE so I will most likely be getting a Pro. But, if they announce a Premium at a later date for say $6500 I would want that and have to sell my Pro at a loss

Couldn't agree more.

#594 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Entertainment Weekly reporting that a Walking Dead AMC companion series pilot is a GO http://t.co/hRtJ4IQ4LQ

Not surprising given the success of TWD

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/confirmed-sterns-next-pin-is-the-walking-dead?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.