no game code.gif
image-10.jpg
PinZombies-300x300.jpg
WD_Tribute_450px.jpg
Team_Rick_SM.jpg
Feat-DVDFeat.png
daryl.jpg
tammy.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Great, I'm in...unfinished code and all What a sucker I am, all you So Cal folks can wait a few months and buy my HUO off me

Sweet. I'm just gonna walk in unannounced if you don't invite me over.

I have no "hype interest", as I don't really care about zombies or this show...but it's a Borg/Lyman game so of course I want to play it!

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Ugg, I'd be worried with another tv show pin down the road
CSI was much popular in it's hay day then TWD, and now look at that dated game. I get the theme is more attractive, but this is a short term theme, not a classic IMO.

Doesn't matter that they're both TV shows - totally different genres & audiences. Sure CSI may have great ratings, but it was never "cool" or important in pop culture. The audience that tunes in for CSI ever week doesn't really care about pinball. Walking Dead, on the other hand - is the "zombie/horror" genre, which was "cool" before the show and will be cool after the show. The audience definitely has more gamers than CSI's audience. Zombies are part of the pop culture landscape. Crime scene shows? Eh, not really. Maybe Dexter for 4 seasons. Zombies are "generic" enough that The Walking Dead theme will not feel dated like other TV themes could.

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Are you sure? I though Lyman rotated designers each time because they all want him? Borg/Lyman did Metallica so I doubt Ritchie and Trudeau say yeah go ahead and take him again.

He didn't work on ST or Mustang....so - yeah, he's up to bat.

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I remember everyone talking about CSI at one time, so it was most definitely cool at one point. That just proves my point how quick these franchises can be forgotten.
As for Zombies being cool, well ok, I'm not sure why, but there are endless zombie this and that out there now, all so repetitive, all so much the same, blah, not a fan. Again, in 10 years, we shall see.

I agree, but zombies have been popular since the 60's. The horror genre has a huge pop culture following....the type of following that COLLECTS things. That's the difference between this and CSI. No one collected CSI stuff. No one goes to CSI conventions. You watched it and you were done with it.

...and seriously, CSI was never cool lol. Maybe cool's the wrong word...no one "geeked out" over CSI. People are NUTS about Walking Dead. Seriously, my ex - who has no money, loves walking dead so much, will save every last penny and buy this pin lol.

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'd be more interested in the premium with the ability to convert to pro once features and pictures are posted.
I won't be paying LE prices if they are at the level ST was.

If the amount you "lose" when selling is the same on either model, just go all out and go LE

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I hope they make at least 1000 LEs. Anything more than 250 is not even really a LE model so why not just make as many as possible and remove the resellers from the equation? At the same time Stern has pretty much already killed the "collector" aspect of the pinball collector market so better off making as many as they can sell.

That's why they make a Premium. They can make as many of them as they can sell. They have all the gameplay features of the LE. If you miss out on an LE and it skyrockets in price - you can get a Premium and be just as happy.

Stern will never make 1000 LEs. 500 is the magic number, give or take.

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree. So how the hell did they come up with 800 for STLE? My guess? They saw JJP selling (more than) 1000 WOZ LE's and that they plan on selling 1500 Hobbit LE's. So Stern says "F it, if they can sell that many LE's, we can easily sell 800 of them with a theme like Star Trek and Ritchie as the designer".

It was a reaction to the instant Metallica LE sellout and the crying that followed. …but, that was Metallica - ST was never going to be the frenzy Met was. However, if they sold 799 - then hey…good for them.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No chance since it will be based on the AMC version. Photoshopped with assets from the tv show...almost a guarantee.

You don't know that. It could be based on the TV show *and* be hand drawn style.

Borg is clearly a proponent of hand drawn art, as evidenced by his last 2 games. X-Men & Metallica.

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That makes sense, I still don't think they came close to "selling through" 799 STLE's. Good for them if they did and IF they did, you would see at least 800 TWD LE's.

They did sell 799 STLE's (enough of that rumor that they didn't)….but they didn't sell even close to 500 Mustang LEs (and probably won't). The LE number tends to fluctuate up and down based on the last LE.

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I said "sell through" to the end consumer and being the skeptic that i am I don't believe they actually made 799. Just my feeling based on what I've read, right or wrong.

What you've read from you and Rob? LOL…you're the only ones skeptical about Stern making 799. Sell through, OK…if distribs still have some, they still have some. That's logical.

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not that it really matters but it feels like there aren't 799 buyers out there because of the significantly higher price which also had to put a huge dent in the overseas market. I think Rob and I are right on this one
Wouldn't you think that if they did actually sell 799 STLE's and the market was there, they would come back with at least 799 TWD LE's at similar pricing?
Mnpinball says 500-600 LE's for TWD.

Again, STLE's units got bumped up because of the crazy fast sellout of METLE & the backlash that came with it. Perhaps Steve's rep with AC/DC LE came into play as well. Now we just had Mustang LE bomb....they're going back to more conservative/realistic numbers with this one.

I have a trusted source that has told me that all 799 STLE's have been built. Unless you have a source that says otherwise, sorry - I can't go with the Ice/Rob speculation, which seems to be fueled by the fact that you guys bought it, disliked it, sold it.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've never seen TWD show. I did however read something like the first 70ish issues of the comic before falling behind and just never picking it back up. So while I'm sure they're different (black and white print vs TV show, has to be) I get the appeal. It's not really a "zombie" story, it's a human drama about survivors. And really, zombies aren't very interesting in and of themselves, they're brainless and dumb, and there's only so much "run, zombies!" you can do for season after season. People are more interesting.

I have to imagine that in order for the game to be energetic and fun, the tone of the game will be more generic "KILL THE ZOMBIES" in tone than literally following drama and arcs from the show. Maybe it will have some interesting rules regarding survivors...If you don't hit certain shots or do a certain task in time, someone will die. Maybe too many dead people will affect your points or bonuses. That could be interesting....decreasing values based on less survivors. Maybe you can find more survivors to gain back multipliers or whatever.

***PURELY SPECULATION***

#451 9 years ago
Quoted from Olaggie:

So this is *possibly* my first NIB pin (I've only got one other pin - TZ). Are the prices the same no matter where you purchase or do some vendors offer discounts? Very interested in the title but want to see pics first. Do they usually sell out of the LEs or do you have time to check it out before buying?
Thanks
Laura

The MSRP you see listed is ~$1000 higher than the "real" price you'll get from Pinside friendly distributors.

Some LEs sell out fast, some don't. Even the ones that do (METLE, Hulk), you can find them after the fact. Some people get into the pre-order frenzy cuz they're afraid the game will be the next Tron LE or AC/DC LE (the two LEs that went apeshit in price after they sold out).

If this game doesn't have a Premium (like Tron) …could be a quick sell out from distribs and speculators gobbling them up.

I prob didn't answer your question…it's a crapshoot lol

#468 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

When was the last time they have not done a premium model. Both ACDC and Met had premiums added later when they already had a premium model = Luci & Monster (and the Dirty Donny Painted Monster Edition). Seems like premiums have become popular.
We'll find out in a few weeks anyways.

X-Men didn't have a Premium.

#560 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

DMD has been around too long,,,, Time to innovate and move on. Pinball is only attractive to those that used to play them in the 90s and prior... It is not attracting enough new/ young players to potentially keep the industry alive... If it doesnt grow/innovate then it will die off with this generation of players.

They display won't do anything to change pinball's audience. I've said this before - to a young gamer, the thought of going to an arcade all the time to play games is outdated. They have all the games they want on their phones, tablets, computers and consoles. The only way pinball gets "saved" by the young generation is if the arcade in general has some massive overhaul that brings people out in droves. That's not likely to happen...innovation in coin-op is expensive, which makes coin-op equipment expensive....it's just way too much of a gamble for equipment manufacturers and operators. That's why you see the "same old " light gun games, racers, and yes - pinballs. They're all doing what they can to survive in an obsolete industry. Color displays on a pinball won't change anything. Would it be cool - of course! Game changer. No. The DESTINATION has to change. It's slowly happening with successful barcades...but that's for adults. Something about the arcade itself has to change that will make kids/teens want to go again. Pinball can then benefit from that. Pinball itself won't be the change factor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/confirmed-sterns-next-pin-is-the-walking-dead?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.