no game code.gif
image-10.jpg
PinZombies-300x300.jpg
WD_Tribute_450px.jpg
Team_Rick_SM.jpg
Feat-DVDFeat.png
daryl.jpg
tammy.jpg
There are 594 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 9 years ago

Return of the Living Dead?

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Yeah TWD needs great art or it will just be photovomit. Great art or I am out. Hoping for good music and FX too. This will make all the difference. Anyone played it?

I'm hoping same artist as Metallica and comic based artwork..

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Yes this is exactly what I would like to see.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

No chance since it will be based on the AMC version. Photoshopped with assets from the tv show...almost a guarantee. It still could look cool, but the jury is still out...way out!

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Return of the Living Dead?

"But it worked in the movie!"
"Well it aint workin' now."
"Well didn't the movie lie?!?!?"

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No chance since it will be based on the AMC version. Photoshopped with assets from the tv show...almost a guarantee. It still could look cool, but the jury is still out...way out!

I think we have a shot at Dirty Donny doing the artwork . . .

#307 9 years ago

Aren't there any pics of HOT zombie chicks out there?

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree. So how the hell did they come up with 800 for STLE? My guess? They saw JJP selling (more than) 1000 WOZ LE's and that they plan on selling 1500 Hobbit LE's. So Stern says "F it, if they can sell that many LE's, we can easily sell 800 of them with a theme like Star Trek and Ritchie as the designer".

It was a reaction to the instant Metallica LE sellout and the crying that followed. …but, that was Metallica - ST was never going to be the frenzy Met was. However, if they sold 799 - then hey…good for them.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No chance since it will be based on the AMC version. Photoshopped with assets from the tv show...almost a guarantee.

You don't know that. It could be based on the TV show *and* be hand drawn style.

Borg is clearly a proponent of hand drawn art, as evidenced by his last 2 games. X-Men & Metallica.

#310 9 years ago

I'm ok if they use the AMC graphics, people for the cab and even the translite, but I'd love for them to do the playfield, using the comic artists rendering of the actors from AMC. That way everyone wins a little.

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Try Return of the Living Dead 3

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's what I'm talkin about!!

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You don't know that. It could be based on the TV show *and* be hand drawn style.

That's why I said almost...it's possible, but AMC would have to buy off on it and that seems unlikely. License holders don't like people interpreting their stuff usually. But in the 90s we saw hand drawn art for movies all the time (Shadow, Flintstones, demo man, JP). It could happen, but I think studios have tightened the reigns so to speak these days.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#315 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Borg is clearly a proponent of hand drawn art, as evidenced by his last 2 games. X-Men & Metallica.

Plus the rumor is Dirty Donny is doing the artwork for TWD

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I always liked Tammy.

tammy.jpgtammy.jpg
#317 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Plus the rumor is Dirty Donny is doing the artwork for TWD

Geeze, I hope not.

Donny does not have the emotional skills needed for serious zombie drama.

daryl.jpgdaryl.jpg
#318 9 years ago

Just put in my LE deposit...been waiting for this one. If I don't like the specs or art, then I'll be getting a refund on my deposit. Hoping for hand-drawn artwork...Dirty Donny doing it would be a done deal for me!

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Geeze, I hope not.

I know a lot of people will feel this way.

I don't think his style fits the kind of zombie artwork that I am wanting.

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I know a lot of people will feel this way.

I don't think his style fits the kind of zombie artwork that I am wanting.

I will gladly take Dirty Donnie over a photoshopped TV show theme.................

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah, what's past is prologue. The recent television-themed Sterns had actor likenesses, but I wouldn't mind with this show. Zombies are cool. Rick is cool. Ooh, and don't forget Maggie…

maggie.jpg 18 KB

Thousands of girls get posted on Pinside. She's pretty astounding.

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I will gladly take Dirty Donnie over a photoshopped TV show theme.................

I doubt we will get drawn art work. 99% chance this is gonna be photo realistic on the AMC characters. If there were interested drawn art, they would use kirkman and team. Thereby are not going to have 3rd party comic style art for the TV show based on a comic. lol

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Me too, but there is no reason that those should be our only 2 choices.

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

For me the deciding factors on whether I take a gamble and order the LE will be: 1) how many LE's are going to be made? If it's 800 like STLE, I'm out. 2) Price. If it's near $8k like STLE was, I'm out. 3) Confirmation that Lyman is lead programmer. If not, I'm out. 4) Artwork. Probably the main reason I've wanted a zombie themed pin is for the potentially great artwork. If the artwork sucks, with too many pictures of actors instead of well drawn zombies, I'm out.

If you stick to these rules, "you're out".

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

If you stick to these rules, "you're out".

It's certainly possible.

But I don't think any one of them is that hard for Stern to meet.

No way they should make 800 LE's again.

There's no reason it should cost close to $8k, especially without an LCD.

In theory, it's Lyman's turn.

Artwork is something that will remain to be seen obviously, but pins like X-Men and MET tell me that Stern is certainly capable of giving me artwork that I will be pleased with on a zombie themed pin.

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No way they should make 800 LE's again.
There's no reason it should cost close to $8k, especially without an LCD.

From Stern's prospective I don't know why they wouldn't make 800 LE's again. Stern sold out 800 Star Trek LE's at close to $8K each. If they didn't sell out or had to discount them significantly to move them I would agree with this.

Walking Dead is a hotter theme with pinheads and has Lyman on code. If Stern could sell 800 Star Trek's I think they would be able to do the same for Walking Dead.

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

From Stern's prospective I don't know why they wouldn't make 800 LE's again. Stern sold out 800 Star Trek LE's at close to $8K each. If they didn't sell out or had to discount them significantly to move them I would agree with this.
Walking Dead is a hotter theme with pinheads and has Lyman on code. If Stern could sell 800 Star Trek's I think they would be able to do the same for Walking Dead.

There's been 4 Star Trek pins over the years. That's a proven franchise for pinheads. You're making some assumptions there about TWD being "hotter".

#328 9 years ago

Hopefully this will bring Stern back into the know after Mustang. If this is as influential as a game like AC/DC then we could truly be seeing pinball come back.

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No offense to Dirty Donny, but why the hell would anyone want someone other than the artist for The Walking Dead to do the art (if it's not going to be a tv photoshopped mess)?

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

probably a dumb question, but as someone really new to the hobby, Is there a pretty common time frame from Stern's "title announcements" to the releasing of the machines. I am new enough to have never watched a machine from announcement to release before and have no idea what to expect.

The other two responses you got were correct but... This only relates to STERN games. JPP is a coulpe of years lol.

#331 9 years ago

I'm told the LE will be either 500 or 600 units per Stern rep.

#332 9 years ago

If its Comic book or Dirty Donny, we're out. We WANT the characters from the TV show. The TV show is what we love. I don't even care if it's "photoshopped" like Avatar or "realistic art" like AC/DC.

(And now I see that some people can't handle other people opinions LMAO)

#333 9 years ago

I'm told that the art will be an all new take on the property featuring stern employees as the characters.

Gary is playing Michonne.

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I couldn't agree more with this.
I mean if you are going to gamble and pre-order the pin without playing it, the *only* one that makes sense do so on would be the LE. What reason would there be to pre-order a Premium or Pro? They aren't limited. You will get one eventually if you want one. They won't sell out. Same can't be said for the LE.
For me the deciding factors on whether I take a gamble and order the LE will be: 1) how many LE's are going to be made? If it's 800 like STLE, I'm out. 2) Price. If it's near $8k like STLE was, I'm out. 3) Confirmation that Lyman is lead programmer. If not, I'm out. 4) Artwork. Probably the main reason I've wanted a zombie themed pin is for the potentially great artwork. If the artwork sucks, with too many pictures of actors instead of well drawn zombies, I'm out.

Boy I can't think of a scenario where you're in. Basically it has to be prefect before you'll buy, am I reading you right? I am the same way about TBL. :-$

#335 9 years ago
Quoted from LunaStone:

If its Comic book or Dirty Donny, we're out. We WANT the characters from the TV show. The TV show is what we love. I don't even care if it's "photoshopped" like Avatar or "realistic art" like AC/DC.

opinions are never wrong, except this one

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I'm told the LE will be either 500 or 600 units per Stern rep.

That makes sense, I still don't think they came close to "selling through" 799 STLE's. Good for them if they did and IF they did, you would see at least 800 TWD LE's. I think this pin is going to have the same frenzy that Met generated, unless they stick with the 7800 price tag.

Pimpster, MG is "limited" imo, RAZA is close but not really. And MG will be many more than 15, probably 50 or 60.

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That makes sense, I still don't think they came close to "selling through" 799 STLE's. Good for them if they did and IF they did, you would see at least 800 TWD LE's.

They did sell 799 STLE's (enough of that rumor that they didn't)….but they didn't sell even close to 500 Mustang LEs (and probably won't). The LE number tends to fluctuate up and down based on the last LE.

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

nd MG will be many more than 15, probably 50 or 60.

You sure about that? That is not what I heard and I heard it from someone I consider reliable. With prototypes it might reach 20.

#339 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

opinions are never wrong, except this one

What? Can't handle it? pfft LOL

#340 9 years ago

If Stern doesn't get 500 orders for Mustang LE's I assume they still have to make 500?

#341 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

If Stern doesn't get 500 orders for Mustang LE's I assume they still have to make 500?

They don't have to do anything. If they aren't selling why would they invest more money into the game.

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

They don't have to do anything. If they aren't selling why would they invest more money into the game.

The LE plaque says # of pin\500 . Wouldn't that be a lie if 500 don't exist?

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Prediction: Stern will make its 500th Mustang LE right after JJP runs its 1500th Ruby Red WOZ Off the line....

#344 9 years ago

I'm in for LE, put down cash today. I really hope its a darker game and not family friendly version. They better do colour changing lights in the inserts.

#345 9 years ago

And people thought the next pin would be KISS LOL

THANK YOU GOD!! YOU DO EXIST!!!!!! YOU ANSWERED MY PRAYER!!!!!

F**k Yes.

#346 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm in for LE, put down cash today. I really hope its a darker game and not family friendly version. They better do colour changing lights in the inserts.

DITTO!!!!!!!!! The darker the better!! Enough with this s*** family pin type games coming out. We need at least ONE dark game like BSD.

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You sure about that? That is not what I heard and I heard it from someone I consider reliable. With prototypes it might reach 20.

That's true………it will be a whole lot more than 20, I don't think its any kind of secret?

Quoted from Rarehero:

They did sell 799 STLE's (enough of that rumor that they didn't)….but they didn't sell even close to 500 Mustang LEs (and probably won't). The LE number tends to fluctuate up and down based on the last LE.

I said "sell through" to the end consumer and being the skeptic that i am I don't believe they actually made 799. Just my feeling based on what I've read, right or wrong.

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I said "sell through" to the end consumer and being the skeptic that i am I don't believe they actually made 799. Just my feeling based on what I've read, right or wrong.

What you've read from you and Rob? LOL…you're the only ones skeptical about Stern making 799. Sell through, OK…if distribs still have some, they still have some. That's logical.

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What you've read from you and Rob? LOL…you're the only ones skeptical about Stern making 799. Sell through, OK…if distribs still have some, they still have some. That's logical.

Not that it really matters but it feels like there aren't 799 buyers out there because of the significantly higher price which also had to put a huge dent in the overseas market. I think Rob and I are right on this one

Wouldn't you think that if they did actually sell 799 STLE's and the market was there, they would come back with at least 799 TWD LE's at similar pricing?

Mnpinball says 500-600 LE's for TWD.

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Though I agree with you AMC at least seems open to hand drawn art.

Feat-DVDFeat.pngFeat-DVDFeat.png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 594 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/confirmed-sterns-next-pin-is-the-walking-dead/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.