no game code.gif
image-10.jpg
PinZombies-300x300.jpg
WD_Tribute_450px.jpg
Team_Rick_SM.jpg
Feat-DVDFeat.png
daryl.jpg
tammy.jpg
There are 594 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

We did it guys. I wonder if Stern would have came to this conclusion without us screaming for this title.

There is no doubt in my mind that, similar to Tron, the community played a huge role in this game being made. Tron f'ing rocks, so as far as I'm concerned, we're batting 1000.

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There is no doubt in my mind that, similar to Tron, the community played a huge role in this game being made.

And look at how awesome Tron is and all the runs they did. We know what we want.

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

all so repetitive, all so much the same, blah, not a fan.

I do not find this at all with The Walking Dead show.
It is a great TV show that just happens to have zombies in it.
Not cookie cutter in the least.

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I do not find this at all with The Walking Dead show.
It is a great TV show that just happens to have zombies in it.
Not cookie cutter in the least.

Agreed. The Walking Dead is a very character driven show. Yes, there is some great action, but It's mostly about the relationships between the main characters. It's essentially a soap opera set in a zombie world.

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I guess my TAF might be for sale. Will need to see the gameplay first.

I guess my TZ might be for sale. Will need to see gameplay first!

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There is no doubt in my mind that, similar to Tron, the community played a huge role in this game being made. Tron f'ing rocks, so as far as I'm concerned, we're batting 1000.

Let's hope they keep listening to us and do a darn mirror'd backglass for the LE . . . I still can't believe they didn't do one for Mustang LE.

#207 9 years ago

You can bet the 15% will be off of full blown MSRP which will still put us dealers at better pricing points.

#208 9 years ago

This whole discussion proves to me that theme matters just as much as game play. Some love the band AC/DC so they want an AC/DC pin to be made. Some like TWD. (Fans of Iron Maiden are still waiting.) The odd thing to me is that I thought most guys like high performance cars, and yet the Mustang pin is dissed by so many on Pinside with the theme constantly being denigrated.

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from Grindle3:

You can bet the 15% will be off of full blown MSRP which will still put us dealers at better pricing points.

pretty sure, you can bet stern will not lose money, probably more... again.

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The odd thing to me is that I thought most guys like high performance cars, and yet the Mustang pin is dissed by so many on Pinside with the theme constantly being denigrated.

You would be upset too if you were looking for a high performance car theme and got Mustang instead.

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

This whole discussion proves to me that theme matters just as much as game play. Some love the band AC/DC so they want an AC/DC pin to be made. Some like TWD. (Fans of Iron Maiden are still waiting.) The odd thing to me is that I thought most guys like high performance cars, and yet the Mustang pin is dissed by so many on Pinside with the theme constantly being denigrated.

I think the problem is it was a Ford Mustang pin and not just a generic muscle car pin. There are tons of Chevy and Mopar fans and hell fans of exotics that probably dismissed it for that reason alone. Just like the Ford fans would have done for a Camaro pin. The exception maybe being a Steve McQueen Bullitt pin, that downplayed the Ford side and focused on the cool that is Steve Mcqueen.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

pretty sure, you can bet stern will not lose money, probably more... again.

Being that the MAP/MSRP prices were just raised on 8/15/2014 I ont expect a price increase so soon, but you never know.

#213 9 years ago

HERSHEL FOR SURE!

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Except that AC/DC had one thing that Mustang does not appear to have.....Flow, add to the fact that Car guys are fairly broken up into different groups. Its easy to own and listen to a bunch of different "Classic" rock bands....Cars not so much.

#215 9 years ago

Just got this from Stern!

Yesterday AMC Film Holdings LLC released The Walking Dead Season 4 DVD and
Blue Ray containing all the episodes from that season. Included was AMC’s
announcement of our soon to be released pinball machine based on this
title.

The Walking Dead TV series, about a Zombie apocalypse and based on the
comic books of the same name, is soon to start its 5th season worldwide.
This show continues to break ratings records for the over 120 countries in
which it is televised.

Next month we will release photos, features matrix, prices, schedules and
other information about our forthcoming The Walking Dead pinball machines.

JJ

#216 9 years ago

Meh, wrong zombie theme... we need a Milla pin.

Milla_Jovovich-010.jpgMilla_Jovovich-010.jpg

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Meh, wrong zombie theme... we need a Milla pin.

Oh no, it's the right one, move along.

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Just got this from Stern!
Yesterday AMC Film Holdings LLC released The Walking Dead Season 4 DVD and
Blue Ray containing all the episodes from that season. Included was AMC’s
announcement of our soon to be released pinball machine based on this
title.
The Walking Dead TV series, about a Zombie apocalypse and based on the
comic books of the same name, is soon to start its 5th season worldwide.
This show continues to break ratings records for the over 120 countries in
which it is televised.
Next month we will release photos, features matrix, prices, schedules and
other information about our forthcoming The Walking Dead pinball machines.
JJ

That is good stuff indeed! Gives promise that they may use comic book graphics with TV show overtones.

#219 9 years ago

Getting alot of PM's and emails so I'm going to post this here too. Working on replying to each as well.

Stern Pinball isn’t quite ready to show pictures or to price The Walking Dead machines yet. As of today, we know very little about that game, but at our customers requests we are opening pre – orders in the same way we have in the past.

For LE’s
$1000 Deposit fully refundable for 48 hours after the Features and Picture announcement from Stern and pricing from Game Exchange, which ever comes second. After the 48 hours the deposit becomes non refundable. Deposits can be run on a credit card, with no fee as long as the remainder of the payment is made via Cash, Check, Wire, Or Major Bank Debit Card.
http://gameexchange.biz/products/the-walking-dead-pinball-limited-editionpre-order-deposit

For Pro’s
$500 Deposit fully refundable for 48 hours after the Features and Picture announcement from Stern and pricing from Game Exchange, which ever comes second. After the 48 hours the deposit becomes non refundable. Deposits can be run on a credit card, with no fee as long as the remainder of the payment is made via Cash, Check, Wire, Or Major Bank Debit Card.
http://gameexchange.biz/collections/new-stern-pinball-free-shipping-special/products/copy-of-the-walking-dead-pinball-pro-editionpre-order-deposit

JJ

#220 9 years ago

Onviously, I am excited to own this one.

Watch every episode of the show, read every issue of the comics, own every action figure and met most of the cast. Even have some one off art in the office... Signed by michonne herself of course!!!

image-639.jpgimage-639.jpgimage-584.jpgimage-584.jpgimage-88.jpgimage-88.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Getting alot of PM's and emails so I'm going to post this here too. Working on replying to each as well.
Stern Pinball isn’t quite ready to show pictures or to price The Walking Dead machines yet. As of today, we know very little about that game, but at our customers requests we are opening pre – orders in the same way we have in the past.
For LE’s
$1000 Deposit fully refundable for 48 hours after the Features and Picture announcement from Stern and pricing from Game Exchange, which ever comes second. After the 48 hours the deposit becomes non refundable. Deposits can be run on a credit card, with no fee as long as the remainder of the payment is made via Cash, Check, Wire, Or Major Bank Debit Card.
http://gameexchange.biz/products/the-walking-dead-pinball-limited-editionpre-order-deposit
For Pro’s
$500 Deposit fully refundable for 48 hours after the Features and Picture announcement from Stern and pricing from Game Exchange, which ever comes second. After the 48 hours the deposit becomes non refundable. Deposits can be run on a credit card, with no fee as long as the remainder of the payment is made via Cash, Check, Wire, Or Major Bank Debit Card.
http://gameexchange.biz/collections/new-stern-pinball-free-shipping-special/products/copy-of-the-walking-dead-pinball-pro-editionpre-order-deposit
JJ

What about for Premiums?

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

What about for Premiums?

There are none at this point.

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

What about for Premiums?

I didn't do it because I don't think we know for sure there is a Premium Model (though 99% sure there will be) If there was demand I can open one up. Also at the $500 mark.

#224 9 years ago

I've had a Walking Dead pin for a while now.

10256447_10152338103478158_4287468257989119847_n.jpg10256447_10152338103478158_4287468257989119847_n.jpg

243694-i.jpg243694-i.jpg
#225 9 years ago

It most likely will be based off of the AMC show which is based off of the comic series, otherwise it would have never appeared in the AMC DVD series set it would have just been a press release from Stern and Robert Kirkland without AMC involved. Pretty sure Norman, Andrew, Steven, Lauren and maybe a few others will have voice callouts in the title. Pretty exciting stuff.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I didn't do it because I don't think we know for sure there is a Premium Model (though 99% sure there will be) If there was demand I can open one up. Also at the $500 mark.

I'd be more interested in the premium with the ability to convert to pro once features and pictures are posted.
I won't be paying LE prices if they are at the level ST was.

#227 9 years ago

I'm all about it, love the theme, for once something the whole family is into right now. That being said I won't buy any machine without seeing how it actually plays, lot of dough to shell out on hype!

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'd be more interested in the premium with the ability to convert to pro once features and pictures are posted.

If the amount you "lose" when selling is the same on either model, just go all out and go LE

#229 9 years ago

Due to customer demand we're revising how we are handling deposits on this release since it is coming out a little different than most prior releases. Since the game is officially confirmed now but pricing and details are not coming for a week or so, we are going to give our customers an option to reserve an LE/Prem or Pro for a $250 refundable deposit. We will ask customers to make their decision 48 hours after pricing and details are available. At that point it would be the standard protocol of $2000 deposit and balance due about 2 weeks out from shipping.

Refinery custom versions of any model will also be available and deposit may be applied toward Refinery Editions as well.

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/~/product/category=10465426&id=39887054

Gio

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If the amount you "lose" when selling is the same on either model, just go all out and go LE

I couldn't agree more with this.

I mean if you are going to gamble and pre-order the pin without playing it, the *only* one that makes sense do so on would be the LE. What reason would there be to pre-order a Premium or Pro? They aren't limited. You will get one eventually if you want one. They won't sell out. Same can't be said for the LE.

For me the deciding factors on whether I take a gamble and order the LE will be: 1) how many LE's are going to be made? If it's 800 like STLE, I'm out. 2) Price. If it's near $8k like STLE was, I'm out. 3) Confirmation that Lyman is lead programmer. If not, I'm out. 4) Artwork. Probably the main reason I've wanted a zombie themed pin is for the potentially great artwork. If the artwork sucks, with too many pictures of actors instead of well drawn zombies, I'm out.

#231 9 years ago

Can we keep the distributors out of the hobbyist thread? I think y'all usually start your own threads anyways so there is really no need for us to hear multiple attempts to sell us product in multiple threads.

edit: Makes it seem like a used car lot with used car guys hawking you their wares.

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yep, Conversion is easy. I will open up Premiums as well. I will work on a pre order link.

JJ

#233 9 years ago

The Hershel LE model comes missing a leg...

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Good. My money is safe. Can't fathom the fascination with zombies.
But each to their own! Enjoy!
rd.

I don't get the Zombie thing either... or Elvira...or the bowling chick wearing bowling shoes on the Strikes and Spares backglass.

I'm glad though that a lot of people are going to be happy with this theme - hopefully the game meets or exceeds expectations.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Yep, Conversion is easy. I will open up Premiums as well. I will work on a pre order link.
JJ

Thanks JJ, can you PM me when it's live?

Kevin

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

4) Artwork. Probably the main reason I've wanted a zombie themed pin is for the potentially great artwork.

This This This This This. If the rumors are true and it is a hand drawn art package . . . then that is huge.

Quoted from RobT:

1) how many LE's are going to be made? If it's 800 like STLE, I'm out.

I agree the LE should be a true LE and limit it to 500 . . . unless this game has the LCD, in which case they need to allow whoever wants to pre-order the chance at an LE (without going through a flipper, like what happened with MetLE...still burns my ass) so a larger number is cool with me.

Quoted from RobT:

3) Confirmation that Lyman is lead programmer. If not, I'm out.

I agree with this as well, though I would like to add that it would be nice to get a commitment from them that the code will be further along at release than previous games had been to date . . . that seems reasonable.

#237 9 years ago

don't forget about the missing head

Quoted from LesManley:

The Hershel LE model comes missing a leg...

#238 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

don't forget about the missing head

Nice...

#239 9 years ago

Crazy that Zen released their Walking dead pinball today as well, that'll have to get me by until the real thing...

#240 9 years ago

I just called my local distributor and ordered a LE. I am so freaking excited. Of note I will mention that he said I was the fifth person to call him today to reserve one. This is incredible.

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree with this as well, though I would like to add that it would be nice to get a commitment from them that the code will be further along at release than previous games had been to date . . . that seems reasonable.

Meh. Star Trek code was actually "further along" than most Stern releases. There wasn't a bunch of missing modes or obvious things that weren't implemented, but code still wasn't very good. MET had a lot of obvious stuff missing, but it was still better than ST early on in my opinion.

But I understand what you are saying. It was a very long wait for MET code to get where it is now.

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

For me the deciding factors on whether I take a gamble and order the LE will be: 1) how many LE's are going to be made? If it's 800 like STLE, I'm out. 2) Price. If it's near $8k like STLE was, I'm out. 3) Confirmation that Lyman is lead programmer. If not, I'm out. 4) Artwork. Probably the main reason I've wanted a zombie themed pin is for the potentially great artwork. If the artwork sucks, with too many pictures of actors instead of well drawn zombies, I'm out.

Check, I'm wishy washy on price, check and check.

Could be a pledge breaker here!

And..........if a premium is announced, I'm in on that one, 800 Le's make zero sense to me just like STLE, even though this theme is going to be huge.

#243 9 years ago

You know going in that the code won't be finished for at least a year, so no one should be complaining (unless they just like to bitch).

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

so no one should be complaining

I disagree. If we pay over 7k for a new machine we have the right to bitch all we want if we are forced to re-live our XM or ST experience. Tiger Head.gifTiger Head.gif

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I disagree. If we pay over 7k for a new machine we have the right to bitch all we want if we are forced to re-live our XM or ST experience.

That's true. I don't think we should stop complaining. I think the point is more about how we shouldn't be at all surprised when it takes almost a year to get code update to where we want it.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I disagree. If we pay over 7k for a new machine we have the right to bitch all we want if we are forced to re-live our XM or ST experience.

I think his point is that we all know its going to happen, so dont be surprised when youre waiting for code. Yes thats a ton of money and you should get the final product up front, but thats not how this industry operates.

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You know going in that the code won't be finished for at least a year, so no one should be complaining (unless they just like to bitch).

This is one pin I could give a pass on code, not that I want to mind you, but with this theme and "all hands on deck" I could live with it for awhile just getting to play it while it evolves. I didn't mind the Woz updates from last October to now. If they could just make incremental updates as time goes by instead of one giant one a year later.

Need some video though, Mike said he would do it for sure, maybe built into the apron depending on the layout!

#248 9 years ago

I hope they make at least 1000 LEs. Anything more than 250 is not even really a LE model so why not just make as many as possible and remove the resellers from the equation? At the same time Stern has pretty much already killed the "collector" aspect of the pinball collector market so better off making as many as they can sell.

If they were smart they would do an NON-announced # but limited timed release. Make and sell as many as they can for 30 days. If they only get 200 LE orders then that is all they make. If they get 1000 LE orders then that is all they make.

It works for poster art so why not pinball art?

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

AT LEAST one year.

Write it on your calendar, with my picture besides it.

#250 9 years ago

Just as you start thinking you can slow down, put the brakes on pinball a little bit, the bastards just draw you right back in full throttle!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 594 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/confirmed-sterns-next-pin-is-the-walking-dead/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.