Topic Stats

• 594 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-318.jpg
Kitchen-Boxes-KnoxGelatin-all.jpg
image-526.jpg
image-736.jpg
image-208.jpg
fatasszombie.jpg
a2.jpg
angus.jpg
no game code.gif
image-10.jpg
PinZombies-300x300.jpg
WD_Tribute_450px.jpg
Team_Rick_SM.jpg
Feat-DVDFeat.png
daryl.jpg
tammy.jpg

There are 594 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
#151 5 years ago

wait...you buy what..., $24.99 DVD, and get a 15% discount on a $8000 pinball machine? I don't get it.

#152 5 years ago

Congrats to everyone who has been waiting for this title, I dont watch the show so no interest for me which is great since I have no more funds lol. I would have loved for Resident Evil instead. So I guess Its a Music Theme pin next after this, probably KISS? I am hoping for a Steve Ritchie Superman and a Guardians of the Galaxy.

Joe(acejedi)

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Great, I'm in...unfinished code and all What a sucker I am, all you So Cal folks can wait a few months and buy my HUO off me

Sweet. I'm just gonna walk in unannounced if you don't invite me over.

I have no "hype interest", as I don't really care about zombies or this show...but it's a Borg/Lyman game so of course I want to play it!

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

but it's a Borg/Lyman game

Are you sure? I though Lyman rotated designers each time because they all want him? Borg/Lyman did Metallica so I doubt Ritchie and Trudeau say yeah go ahead and take him again.

#155 5 years ago

Could be a great game , will have to wait ant see. Wont be in for an pre order for an LE on this title as I feel a prem. or pro will be the way to go. Does not seem to me like a huge collector market for walking dead.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from Ika:

wait...you buy what..., $24.99 DVD, and get a 15% discount on a $8000 pinball machine? I don't get it.

It looks like the 15% is off the shop walking dead website.
something tells me they wont be selling the pinball

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

Although I have played pinball for 50 years, and although I own LOTR, I am a true neophyte in this whole pinhead social media business. Nonetheless, I am perplexed by all of the hype about Gary Stern and his next game. Stern is very good at running his assembly line and churning out a multitude of games for, I suspect, a reasonable profit for both him and his new-found investors. Moreover, he, unlike other newcomers in the industry, can turn over a new title very quickly and then very efficiently, move onto the next project. In addition, I think he recognizes the extremely elastic market for NIB's and it's Achilles' Heal of being remarkably sensitive to the U.S. and even global economy ( in other words, in a recession, most folks are selling their toys and almost no one is buying new ones.). However, with all of that said, I still struggle with some of the games he puts out (e.g., Roller Coaster Tycoon -lacking in theme,play, and most importantly, durability), and more substantially, with the quality of the games. Despite a bit of ability with electronics and repair, I am frankly fatigued with soldering new switches and new coils onto my current machine. Is that the state of this industry????? I.e. F-o-r-d???? (Fix Or Repair Daily?) I hope JJP will do better, but the preliminary feedback on WOZ is not promising. He has $7500 of my hard earned cash as a pre-pay for the Hobbit. Hopefully it will be more durable. So the bottom line from my perspective is this, and I ask this in a very humble and simply inquisitive way........at what point will pinball consumers demand higher quality, more durable games?

Of all the stern games I own (5) I rarely have any issues and those that pop up are minor. I know production problems and defects occur. Have I been lucky? I don't think so. I maintain them but I also give them a flogging. Stern constantly get a bad wrap. As far as the hype? It's simple: It's exciting to await a brand new pinball to get our hands on to play till the early hours with beers in hand. Who cares who made it and at what rate.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

As far as the hype? It's simple: It's exciting to await a brand new pinball to get our hands on to play till the early hours with beers in hand. Who cares who made it and at what rate.

+1. Nothing more exciting than unpacking a NIB and playing the first games (after a code update and a few pieces of additional mylar of course )

#159 5 years ago

I don't watch the show, so I hope I can still understand the game when playing it (often a problem if you have no clue who the main characters are).

I'm also glad to see that Stern (finally) figured it makes sense to advertise on DVD's of the subject matter. But wouldn't a photo of the game on the DVD worked better and lead to more visitors to their website?

#160 5 years ago

Great news! Lot's of potential here.

A couple questions I have.

1. Do you think the game will have a mission structure with there currently not being an end to the story? The show may go on for another 2-3 seasons. I suppose code updates could be released down the road to complete the games story missions. I suppose TWD may not be mission based (ST) and instead be more points (ACDC) based.

2. Original voice work: Will Stern use audio from the actual show? I think they absolutely have to. Stern didn't use the original voice work from The Avengers and I feel that alone brought the entire game down as opposed to say LOTR, TSPP and ST that use original audio.

#161 5 years ago

Ugg, I'd be worried with another tv show pin down the road

CSI was much popular in it's hay day then TWD, and now look at that dated game. I get the theme is more attractive, but this is a short term theme, not a classic IMO.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Everyone remain calm and don't start 38 different threads about the same thing!
Mods! To your battle stations! Batten down the hatches! This is what you had all those drills for!!

I must have been absent on "multi-thread drill day." Seriously though, if y'all could refrain from making a billion new threads, that would be great.

Congrats to all those that wanted this theme. I myself could care less about zombies, couldn't get past episode 2 of TWD when I tried to watch it, and am sticking to my 'no NIB purchases until finished code' pledge... mostly because I'm too broke to buy one anyway. Even though I don't care about the theme, I hope it is a very fun game and I have the opportunity to play it someday. As it is now I've got to travel 2+ hours just to see any arcades and my local retail shop isn't a Stern distributor now, so I may never even see one.

For Stack and those sort of close to the Chattanooga area that are possibly selling off 'cheap' games to afford TWD... let me know what you've got for sale.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Congrats to all those that wanted this theme. I myself could care less about zombies, couldn't get past episode 2 of TWD when I tried to watch it,

Me exactly.

Quoted from blondetall:

and am sticking to my 'no NIB purchases until finished code' pledge

so... never then?

#164 5 years ago

Although this is something I've been waiting for a long time, I'm not going to be a first mover. Stern's reputation on NIB with respect to code is not good. When code is more complete, I'll bite, but their lack of action with TAV and XMEN and ST just wasn't good. I don't want a half finished game for a year. Buying IMve was great because you knew code was done and game was complete.

I hope they get it right this time...anyone want to buy a great RBION, as it's the one to go to help fund TWD.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

CSI was much popular in it's hay day then TWD, and now look at that dated game. I get the theme is more attractive, but this is a short term theme, not a classic IMO.

I think Mr. Ed was the only show to ever have a "hay day"?

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

1. Do you think the game will have a mission structure with there currently not being an end to the story? The show may go on for another 2-3 seasons. I suppose code updates could be released down the road to complete the games story missions. I suppose TWD may not be mission based (ST) and instead be more points (ACDC) based.

I don't think that the zombie apocalypse is planned with an end, but every season has something that you can consider as an end of a story arc. Sure every end so far was the beginning of something new but still an end to something. Why shouldn't it be mission based? "Get out of the tank!", "Clear the Prison!"........................

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Me exactly.

so... never then?

Well Predator and AMH are options it seems and Blondie is in on Predator (don't fret they are getting close and it will be awesome!)

#168 5 years ago

Love the show (never miss an episode) - but don't want the pin. Very happy for those who have been dying for this theme to come out.

If you are located in Canada and need to make space in your collections for your new TWD pin, I will support you by buying your collector quality DW or Joker Poker.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

No

#170 5 years ago

TWD is a world wide wide hit, way bigger than CSI. Please Stern don't fuck it up!

#171 5 years ago

I've been out of the hobby for a little. Would like to get another title back. Would have to wait and see where the code goes in a year and then decide. No point in buying anything NIB anymore as it takes stern over a year to get the code polished.
If you google images for TWD Pinball you can see virtual pin tables and they look good. All run down wooden ramps, looks like a deserted town, etc. If stern puts in shiny chrome and plastic, it wont' give the title TWD feel to it.
Guess we'll have to wait and see.

#172 5 years ago

Repost. You even reference the thread you reposted

Quoted from blondetall:

I must have been absent on "multi-thread drill day." Seriously though, if y'all could refrain from making a billion new threads, that would be great.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

TWD is a world wide wide hit, way bigger than CSI. Please Stern don't fuck it up!

View both under ratings at wikipedia and review. Only in the last season has TWD started surpass the worst, and final seasons of CSI. CSI was a much larger hit.

I'm not pitting theme against theme, I'm just stating that is why CSI was chosen as a theme at the time because it was huge, and now who's lining up for CSI machine based on theme? TV themes are in and out faster than anything. Will TWD be timeless enough that people give a shit in 10 years? Time will tell.

Hell, if anything they should just retheme CSI into TWD, the layout wasn't bad, and could reuse the skull face lock as a zombie face.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

The factors to consider.
Everyone wants a game based on death, zombies, vampires.. Ect ect
Everyone thought Borg and Lyman knocked Metallica out of the park and is hoping for a repeat

I don't think this will be another mailed in mustang design. If its got new cool features like Metallica did it will be a winner once Lyman gets the code done next year lol

#175 5 years ago

hoping dirty Donnie got into the art design!!!!

#176 5 years ago

BOOYAH!
tumblr_mca2ktRqfn1r7l90q.gif

#177 5 years ago

We did it guys. I wonder if Stern would have came to this conclusion without us screaming for this title. Sure Ghostbusters or even Guardians of the Galaxy would get some love but this is................................EPIC.

#178 5 years ago

Can't wait to see this one! A zombie pin has been on my want list. I'm a huge fan of the show.

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

First ST and now this, the best theme ever! No new display? Wtf, well I guess Mike will have to create one like he did for Ac/dc.

If Stern doesn't do it I will

This is my wife's dream theme.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

They might carry the pinball, but the price is going to be at least 30% higher than anywhere else. Like when FAO Schwarz used to carry pinball. Star Wars Episode 1 = $9,000 when you could get it for less than half that from distributors. It is for people that don't know any better.

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Are you sure? I though Lyman rotated designers each time because they all want him? Borg/Lyman did Metallica so I doubt Ritchie and Trudeau say yeah go ahead and take him again.

Rumor is that it's "all hands on deck" for each title going forward, meaning that there isn't really one programmer on each pin. Rumor is that all of the programmers were helping to get ST code updated, including Lyman.

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Rumor is that it's "all hands on deck" for each title going forward, meaning that there isn't really one programmer on each pin. Rumor is that all of the programmers were helping to get ST code updated, including Lyman.

That is very good news, indeed. They will bounce good ideas off each other.

#183 5 years ago

Would The Soprano's be the closet Stern pin released to TWD? If it is its going to be interesting to compare that Gomez design to Borg. Of course the only Soprano's pin I played was at the SFGE and it had weak flippers so i didnt play it much.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

That is very good news, indeed. They will bounce good ideas off each other.

I'd personally say it's debatable whether that's good news.

Ask a programmer. Too many chefs in the kitchen.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ask a programmer.

I am one.

Depends on how they are implementing it really. It may at a higher level, where they are spit balling ideas off each other for each game.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ask a programmer. Too many chefs in the kitchen.

I can see that being a potential issue. It seems like pinball programmers each have their own style when it comes to writing rules. If they are working together maybe the lead programmer still has the final say with the way the rules are implemented.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Too many chefs in the kitchen

It's not the amount of chefs that's important. But the amount and how big the ego's are.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'd be surprised if this was truly the case. I think it's more of an attempt to attach Lyman's name to every title (to help sales) even if he isn't one of the primary programmers. I think there will still games that are almost all Lyman as well as others where someone else is lead programmer and Lyman just helps out a little bit.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Exactly. And even if they DID sell the pinball off of their site, you can rest assured that they'll be giving more than a 15% mark up over their cost anyways....so the 15% would STILL be moot. Just stick with your favorite distribs and give them the business, folks

I'm interested to see how this one turns out. Would be a dream theme of mine, but thanks to XM and ST, I'll (most likely) be waiting a year to see how this matures. But in the end, XM turned out fantastic (in my opinion), and hopefully ST is going to get a BIG makeover with its impending update, so I assume the same for TWD: growing pains, but eventually is a great game. I love Borg, so I'm already sold on that t least

#190 5 years ago

So who is your favourite character? For me it was hershel.. Gotta love that old man. I hope stern does great things with this theme.

#191 5 years ago

Call me a crazy hype train passenger but I just preordered an LE. Incomplete code or not; at least on this preorder I know I will have my hands on a game in a few months, not years. #imasucker

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Doesn't matter that they're both TV shows - totally different genres & audiences. Sure CSI may have great ratings, but it was never "cool" or important in pop culture. The audience that tunes in for CSI ever week doesn't really care about pinball. Walking Dead, on the other hand - is the "zombie/horror" genre, which was "cool" before the show and will be cool after the show. The audience definitely has more gamers than CSI's audience. Zombies are part of the pop culture landscape. Crime scene shows? Eh, not really. Maybe Dexter for 4 seasons. Zombies are "generic" enough that The Walking Dead theme will not feel dated like other TV themes could.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

He didn't work on ST or Mustang....so - yeah, he's up to bat.

#194 5 years ago

I... can't... WAIT.

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Call me a crazy hype train passenger but I just preordered an LE. Incomplete code or not; at least on this preorder I know I will have my hands on a game in a few months, not years. #imasucker

Stern doesn't allow pre-orders to my knowledge at this stage. They have to make the official release announcement which they have not done as of yet.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Stern doesn't allow pre-orders to my knowledge at this stage. They have to make the official release announcement which they have not done as of yet.

Then you certainly haven't spoken to a distributor yet.

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

You clearly haven't spoken to a distributor yet then.

Yeah, and if you want to get your distributor in hot water... keep talking... :p

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Then you certainly haven't spoken to a distributor yet.

Hmm, that would be a new policy. Calling my distro now.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Doesn't matter that they're both TV shows - totally different genres & audiences. Sure CSI may have great ratings, but it was never "cool" or important in pop culture. The audience that tunes in for CSI ever week doesn't really care about pinball. Walking Dead, on the other hand - is the "zombie/horror" genre, which was "cool" before the show and will be cool after the show. The audience definitely has more gamers than CSI's audience. Zombies are part of the pop culture landscape. Crime scene shows? Eh, not really. Maybe Dexter for 4 seasons. Zombies are "generic" enough that The Walking Dead theme will not feel dated like other TV themes could.

I remember everyone talking about CSI at one time, so it was most definitely cool at one point. That just proves my point how quick these franchises can be forgotten.

As for Zombies being cool, well ok, I'm not sure why, but there are endless zombie this and that out there now, all so repetitive, all so much the same, blah, not a fan. Again, in 10 years, we shall see.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I remember everyone talking about CSI at one time, so it was most definitely cool at one point. That just proves my point how quick these franchises can be forgotten.
As for Zombies being cool, well ok, I'm not sure why, but there are endless zombie this and that out there now, all so repetitive, all so much the same, blah, not a fan. Again, in 10 years, we shall see.

I agree, but zombies have been popular since the 60's. The horror genre has a huge pop culture following....the type of following that COLLECTS things. That's the difference between this and CSI. No one collected CSI stuff. No one goes to CSI conventions. You watched it and you were done with it.

...and seriously, CSI was never cool lol. Maybe cool's the wrong word...no one "geeked out" over CSI. People are NUTS about Walking Dead. Seriously, my ex - who has no money, loves walking dead so much, will save every last penny and buy this pin lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cortland, NY
There are 594 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside