no game code.gif
image-10.jpg
PinZombies-300x300.jpg
WD_Tribute_450px.jpg
Team_Rick_SM.jpg
Feat-DVDFeat.png
daryl.jpg
tammy.jpg

There are 594 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.
#101 9 years ago

First ST and now this, the best theme ever! No new display? Wtf, well I guess Mike will have to create one like he did for Ac/dc.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Something tells me this game is going to sell huge.

Yeah that is until everyone on here gets distracted with another pinba.......HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!

#103 9 years ago

My entire collection fs. $100 takes them away. I suddenly need lots of space!

image-144.jpgimage-144.jpg

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Yeah that is until everyone on here gets distracted with another pinba.......HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!

WHERE?

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I would wager a very large sum that there will be actors' faces on at least the pro model.

Pro model only features zombies that a MOSTLY dead.

mostlydead.gifmostlydead.gif

#106 9 years ago

Who is designing this one? I assume its not SR?

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from double_danger:

Who is designing this one? I assume its not SR?

John Borg.

#109 9 years ago

ok, i have to ask.

how many season coming up?
let's say 3 more seasons and the best is to come, wouldn't the machine be missing a lot of the cool stuff?

just curious.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

ok, i have to ask.
let's say 3 more seasons and the best is to come, wouldn't the machine be missing a lot of the cool stuff?
just curious.

It's ok. Stern will have code updated by then!

I keed, I keed!

( but not really.)

#111 9 years ago

Interesting to see how this 15% off deal works.

You go to a web site of a Stern distributor, see the price of this pin and enter the code and get 15% off the published price? Stern then kicks back the 15% money to the distributor that he lost?

First person who successfully purchases a pin and gets the discount needs to post on here and tell us how that worked out.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

ok, i have to ask.
just curious.

I think it's more in their interest to have the game released in the height of the show's popularity rather than to have everything covered. Also code updates could add things if necessary.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Is someone making Night of the Living Dead?

#114 9 years ago

LE run will be about the same as MetLE (500-600 still being determined), distribs are sucking them up as we speak. It will be sold out "to distribs" very soon. Just got a text from within the Stern machine of Chicago

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

LE run will be about the same as MetLE (500-600 still being determined), distribs are sucking them up as we speak. It will be sold out "to distribs" very soon. Just got a text from within the Stern machine of Chicago

Well, price gouging hopefully won't be an issue.

#116 9 years ago

What happened to all you big talkers? PLay the damn thing before you buy. Hitler is gonna be pissed!

#117 9 years ago

I hope its not Walking Dead like Mustang.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What happened to all you big talkers? PLay the damn thing before you buy. Hitler is gonna be pissed!

Besides, it won't even have good code for the first year or two

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'm a big talker AND a big spenda! Why you I oughta...

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well, price gouging hopefully won't be an issue.

That why we need to hope the numbers are higher in the realm where ST was for the LE . . . make enough for those that want them in the first waive.

#121 9 years ago

There's already a link to buy the pro version of TWD on Stern's site. It doesn't link to anything yet though.

#122 9 years ago

I NEED A GOOD DISTRIBUTOR! STAT!

#123 9 years ago

So which previous playfield will this be a copy of? Just don't have the sm/tron 3 bank.....

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I guess my TAF might be for sale. Will need to see the gameplay first.

If this ends up being a serious proposition, consider me as a possible buyer.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Stern beats JPop to the punch with their zombie themed pin.

Ya but not originally themed

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I NEED A GOOD DISTRIBUTOR! STAT!

Seriously though. Seriously.

#127 9 years ago

After dealing with Metallica's code woes for a year, I'm going to sit this one out until 2015 when the code gets finished. I can't put myself through that pain again. Really excited for the theme. Hobbit or TWD. Going to be a tough decision.

#128 9 years ago

I thought you guys vowed, not too long ago, to not buy another Stern sight unseen?

#129 9 years ago

Ok now that everybody is hyped up for this pin let's speculate about features. What will the main toy be? Mode based or perhaps how many zombies will be killed, i.e points based, how many ramps, how many flippers, multiball modes??? Can't wait for more details.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Looks like it'll based off the tv series instead of the comics

Guaranteed...

#131 9 years ago

Death on arrivel !

No idea about the toys, dont know the series. But it has to have drop targets with zombies. Those cant be missed.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I thought you guys vowed, not too long ago, to not buy another Stern sight unseen?

Unless it was TWD. GAWD, read the fine print!!

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

They always say that and they always still do. I will do what I always do and wait until its a proven hit.

I hope that they do the artwork after the comic books as I don't think the show will translate well into the art package.

#134 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg in 1 of the tv episodes of TWD there were 2 pins, namely NBAFB and sterns WPT.. Good to see stern is returning the favor sort of by making a TWD pin

#135 9 years ago

It's time to save......up some quarters so I can play it when an operator sets it up. And then give it my fair opinion on the internet, and respect other people's opinions, where they may or may not fall in line with mine.

#136 9 years ago

If you keep clicking and reloading this link it will work eventually. It worked for me.

http://www.sternpinball.com/games/the-walking-dead/pro#buy

#137 9 years ago

Awesome , they finally did an original, funny theme! Pfft.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

Damn. I would have loved Game of Thrones.

Wait just a little bit longer (Perhaps)

#139 9 years ago

Contact us if looking for games. Can't confirm anything yet on officially unannounced titles. But we will have LEs of next pin released....

Gio
Pinballrefinery.com

#140 9 years ago

Although I have played pinball for 50 years, and although I own LOTR, I am a true neophyte in this whole pinhead social media business. Nonetheless, I am perplexed by all of the hype about Gary Stern and his next game. Stern is very good at running his assembly line and churning out a multitude of games for, I suspect, a reasonable profit for both him and his new-found investors. Moreover, he, unlike other newcomers in the industry, can turn over a new title very quickly and then very efficiently, move onto the next project. In addition, I think he recognizes the extremely elastic market for NIB's and it's Achilles' Heal of being remarkably sensitive to the U.S. and even global economy ( in other words, in a recession, most folks are selling their toys and almost no one is buying new ones.). However, with all of that said, I still struggle with some of the games he puts out (e.g., Roller Coaster Tycoon -lacking in theme,play, and most importantly, durability), and more substantially, with the quality of the games. Despite a bit of ability with electronics and repair, I am frankly fatigued with soldering new switches and new coils onto my current machine. Is that the state of this industry????? I.e. F-o-r-d???? (Fix Or Repair Daily?) I hope JJP will do better, but the preliminary feedback on WOZ is not promising. He has $7500 of my hard earned cash as a pre-pay for the Hobbit. Hopefully it will be more durable. So the bottom line from my perspective is this, and I ask this in a very humble and simply inquisitive way........at what point will pinball consumers demand higher quality, more durable games?

#141 9 years ago

Congrats to all salivating over the idea of a TWD pin - hope it meets your expectations.

The TV theme is a yawn fest for me. Looks like if I'm going to buy a NIB pin this year it'll be AMH.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

I ask this in a very humble and simply inquisitive way........at what point will pinball consumers demand higher quality, more durable games?

Never.

Pins will be made of fragile wood and plastic forever.

#143 9 years ago

I love TWD as a comic and TV series, but I feel that a TV series pinball machine has very little appeal to me, and in a few years when the series is over, it will be a worn out/stale title. Just my humble opinion, of course!

BUT if Stern wows me with a nice layout and some cool toys (er, some imagination as far as interactive toys) then I'll buy it. I could care less about a cool light show and bling, give me some substance.

And I feel that now more than ever I don't need to jump in and buy a title at release, if it ends up being a good title they'll just make more years and years down the road anyways.

#144 9 years ago

Be careful guys. I thought Mustang was my dream theme. Play before you buy. I'm glad I did.

#145 9 years ago

I was told a couple months ago that:

1. TWD was the next game up;
2. Designed by Borg, with Lyman on programming; AND
3. That it was to be the new display.

Sources can be wrong, but if this is true, I may have to find a way to squeeze 10 into the basement... Fortunately for me, we are moving this weekend and I should buy a bit more space in the mancave!

Now to find some money, and then get ready to bitch about incomplete code...

#146 9 years ago

Sources can be wrong, but if this is true, I may have to find a way to squeeze 10 into the basement... Fortunately for me, we are moving this weekend and I should buy a bit more space in the mancave!

#147 9 years ago

The 15% off referred to what is on the add. I am almost completely confident that Stern would never allow a discount like that! Not without increased pricing anyway. Awesome that a new pin is on the horizon, this seems to be as much hype as when Metallica was announced in early 2013. I hope it meets everyone's expectations.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I have money saved for a new game. I was ready to pull the trigger on a NIB ST Pro this week, but I think I will wait to see what TWD Premium is like. Plus wait to see what the ST update brings. I have not watched the show at all, but that won't stop me from enjoying a good pinball game. Maybe I'll even start watching the show after all... I just hope there's no abdundance of photoshop artwork, but there probably will be knowing most past stern games.

Rob

#149 9 years ago

Stern this is specially for you .....

image-721.jpgimage-721.jpg
#150 9 years ago

Someone mentioned in one of the earlier threads about TWD that there was only going to be a Limited Edition? Has anybody else heard anything different? I hope not, a Pro version would be more in my price range.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
There are 594 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/confirmed-sterns-next-pin-is-the-walking-dead/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.