(Topic ID: 29133)

Confirmed: Stern did have a booth at this past Expo...

By MrBally

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pinball-is-great
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
554559_10151191888234244_1130742291_n..jpg
Stern_Marco_booth_Expo_2012.jpg

#1 7 years ago

For those that said something to the effect of "Why didn't Stern have a display at Expo since Jack did"?, check this out:

From Stern's Press Release: "Stern Pinball and Marco Specialties were awarded the ‘Best Exhibit’ of the 2012 Expo. The Stern www.pinballexpo.net/Marco booth contained seven X-Men Pro pinball games with enhanced sound and monitors over the games to help fans easily follow game play. The Stern/Marco booth provided the ultimate pinball playing experience."

Also note that shapley females do attend Expo from time-to-time based on the one playing X-Men. No word if she was an attendee or professional model though.

// Error: Image 51201 not found // Stern_Marco_booth_Expo_2012.jpg

#2 7 years ago

I think that is Marcos both.

The question is does Stern sponsor the Marco booth or does Marco just bring stern machines to sell?

#3 7 years ago

Marco is a Stern distributor. No idea if they brought games there or Stern provided. Marco had an awesome display, again this year.

Last year Stern had a booth selling shirts and all kinds of stuff. Really a nice display. I didn't see it this year.

LTG

#4 7 years ago

I honestly thought that was a Stern setup and Marco was an add on. Interesting.

#5 7 years ago

looks like the trusses being loaded by borg... Co-Sponsored booth me thinks

554559_10151191888234244_1130742291_n..jpg

#6 7 years ago

I talked with Marco - Stern provides the games for them to display. Marco was also selling stern shirts for $20.00 they just did not have them displayed.

#7 7 years ago

Yeah, it was a really cool setup. My question is why wouldn't there be the same thing for AC/DC?

#8 7 years ago

I walked around it. XMen yuck.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

My question is why wouldn't there be the same thing for AC/DC

Stern usually only brings their most recent releases to the expos and have just recently started to bring a good amount of them 4 total. Great idea as it gives more fans a chance to play them at a crowded expo. Big thanks to Stern and Marco for having such a cool setup at many of this years expos.

Guess there is no accounting for good taste Tom . X-Men Pro is one bad ass pin IMO.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I walked around it. XMen yuck.

Seriously...at least have a variety.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Seriously...at least have a variety.

They bring more of their most recent release to expos and still get hated on by some. Guess it goes to show you can never please everyone especially in the Pinball community.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Stern usually only brings their most recent releases to the expos and have just recently started to bring a good amount of them 4 total. Great idea as it gives more fans a chance to play them at a crowded expo. Big thanks to Stern and Marco for having such a cool setup at many of this years expos.
Guess there is no accounting for good taste Tom . X-Men Pro is one bad ass pin IMO.

I had the LE. It'ok.
I played the wobble Pro at GameWorks and it ruined it for me.
Also played ACDC pro there. I am glad I bought a premium.

#13 7 years ago

Their display was nice, but I too wanted to play an AC/DC and was disappointed that the only one was in the tournament.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I had the LE. It'ok.
I played the wobble Pro at GameWorks and it ruined it for me.
Also played ACDC pro there. I am glad I bought a premium.

Yea everyone has their own likes Tom I was just joking around with you there. I honestly much prefered X-Men Pro over the LE after playing both for extended periods and have heard more then a few pinheads say the same. Adding toys and being a limited run does not always make for a funner experience IMO. I'm in the minority on that one probably I know.

#15 7 years ago

That booth was a big dissapointment in my opinion. The most I saw was 5 games there and that was on Thurday evening for a short time. Only xmen... no LE to be seen...

Most of the times I stopped by, there was only one to 3 games. Most of the monitors for viewing were not operational. There was nobody to answer questions the 5 times I stopped by. Of the 3 different xmen games I played at expo, all 3 had issues (most notably was the lack of wolvirine hits registering).

Maybe I was just expecting more than I should have from the only pinball manufacturer in the world considering it was in Chitown.

I can not believe that won for 'best' exhibit!

#16 7 years ago

Every time I walked by the booth they seemed to have two rows of three games back to back
and one or two on the end. The only time I noticed they had less is when they moved them into
the other hall for the Stern seminar.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Most of the monitors for viewing were not operational.

They may have had technical difficulties. It was my understanding it was an all new set up. Their old one was lost in an accident.

The couple times I saw it the monitors were working. So they may have been working out the bugs in the new set up.

LTG : )

#18 7 years ago

Odd Marco had a very similar setup at PPE (that to the best of my knowledge was not Stern backed .. I think there was only four machines at the PPE one ... and yes I was at both PPE and EXPO)

#19 7 years ago

This view of the Stern booth brings up other questions...

image.jpg

#20 7 years ago

Nellie is coming….

#21 7 years ago

Marco set the booth up themselves and the machines were NIB when they got there. I have a picture of one of them with it's strap and paperwork still attached.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

They bring more of their most recent release to expos and still get hated on by some. Guess it goes to show you can never please everyone especially in the Pinball community.

Dont get me wrong, I still thought the BOOTH was neat and was definitely a great presence, but the fact that they had 6 (from what I saw, 3 on each side) of the same machine was a little disappointing. I dont like xmen at all, but I wanted to show it to the friends i brought. No hate, just a little disappointment.

#23 7 years ago

Similarly, earlier this year (March 2012) at Tx Pinball Fest:
the Marco/Stern booth had a Stern AC/DC Premium set up for all to play,
and the overhead camera/monitor equipment worked all the time (or at least most of the time).
And there was also a Transformer pin also set up on free play.
More new Sterns (AC/DC Premium/LE's) were in the tournament area.
All seemed well received at TPF.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Marathon, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside