(Topic ID: 107713)

Confirmation of Smaug Gold Hobbit Order

By Rferullo

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckymoey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago

Why doesn't JJP just work with their distributors to properly convert customer orders to the SE. It's crazy that they would handle something like this through Goggle Groups or 2nd hand on Pinside - or expect customers to go around their distributor.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I suspect it is because they are only offering the LE to SE free upgrade to those who actually have skin-in-the-game. That is, have actually sunk in at least $4k towards a new Hobbit pin. So in that respect, it is not a "FREE" upgrade, strictly speaking, but involves an opportunity cost of at least $4k. Since they don't know who has committed their money when they went through a distributor, they require independent confirmation. And I would GUESS (I have no inside info) they would require the distributor to pass on the $4k to the manufacturer, ie THEM, as part of the cost of the upgrade from LE to SE. It seems reasonable to me.
In fact, the reasonable, but more dickish alternative, would have been to limit the LE>SE upgrade to only those who purchased directly from them. And to their credit, they decided not to do this. But that means getting confirmation from all the end-users that they want the upgrade, and the $4k (refundable to my knowledge... but I don't work for JJP) up-front money. If the distributors have it, then that's who they have to get it from.
I think this might save the end-users (and JJP, and the distros) lots of headaches in the future by doing it this way.

Seems really complicated versus simply "contact your authorized distributor to convert your existing LE order." The order is between JJP and the distributor and any responsibility for transfer of money should be the same. This is certainly the way JJP is playing it as a distributor for MMR by collecting full payment when PPS has still only required the initial deposit from its direct customers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 25.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckymoey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/confirmation-of-smaug-gold-hobbit-order?tu=luckymoey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.