(Topic ID: 233025)

Confessions of a pinball collector

By EvanDickson

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5965AE08-C194-426E-BAD3-D734F61E30A4 (resized).jpeg
    Not a hoarder-collector.jpg
    Hoarding dog.jpg
    Hoarding.jpg
    b1 (resized).JPG
    20190101_191011 (002) (resized).jpg
    6611957 (resized).jpg
    There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 5 years ago

Sometimes I don't actually play pinball for almost one day in a row!

#2 5 years ago

Sometimes I like to just stand there and gaze upon my beautiful games

#3 5 years ago

Sometimes I buy them because I’m f’ing sick in the head

#4 5 years ago

more hours spent reading Pinside than playing

#5 5 years ago

overpaid for some of the games I wanted

#6 5 years ago

I have nobody to play pinball with............Joey

#7 5 years ago

Sometimes I turn 'em on just cause I like...
    the lights.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

overpaid for some of the games I wanted

Same here! got lucky with my safe cracker though! Probably my favorite one right now. Noticed you have one as well. I just noticed my token slot on my coin door is on the right instead of the left, I guess because it's a German reimport.

#9 5 years ago

Bought my first pin, LOTR, in December, 2018. Like Gandalf, ensnared by the Balrog's whip, I feel like I'm being dragged into the pinball abyss.

#10 5 years ago

I still like my Deadpool......

#11 5 years ago

"I like fun." ~R. Wiggum

#12 5 years ago

I browse on pinside more than I play pinball.....

#13 5 years ago

I enjoy fixing and working on games more than I enjoy playing them.

#14 5 years ago

I can draw and fire my Windex bottle faster than Jesse James could shoot his six gun.

#15 5 years ago

Sometimes I find myself thinking...boy, that refrigerator takes up a lot of space, and what good is it? It just keeps stuff cold.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I have nobody to play pinball with............Joey

Just do what I do and put a full-length mirror next to one of your other machines. It'll seem like somebody else is playing too.

Just kidding, I don't really do that...

#17 5 years ago

I refuse to buy toppers, color DMDs and blades. I feel like if I go there, I would have let the sickness win.

#18 5 years ago

I get really really pissed at cheap drains.

#19 5 years ago

I've gone to a pinball show for three days and not played a single game.

#20 5 years ago

I lie to my friends about how much money I have in them cause I don’t want them to think I’m an idiot.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I refuse to buy toppers, color DMDs and blades. I feel like if I go there, I would have let the sickness win.

Same here. If I buy for one game, then they all will want one. Same with Leds. Owned pins for 18 years and just put my first leds in 2 years ago. Now changing all to leds.

Quoted from TractorDoc:

I play one or two evenings a week. Work on games 3 to 4 evenings a week.

#22 5 years ago

I hate pinball shows

#23 5 years ago

One third of my collection are projects that don't work. Doesn't matter. They still LOOK good.

#24 5 years ago

They never fail to make me smile, when I walk by them.......

#25 5 years ago

Sometimes I wish they were all gone.

#26 5 years ago

I bought a property with a 4K sq ft work shop just so I could buy more games. 1/2 of them don't even work and the place is pretty full.

The max I would pay for any game was $500 for years. Then I bought a NIB Rob Zombie.......

I refuse to buy mods.

#27 5 years ago

I get mad when I look at the “Post pictures of your Game Room” thread and see mofos with 15+ pins. I think to myself, “STOP HOARDING GAMES YOU RICH BASTARDS AND FIND ANOTHER HOBBY!”. But the truth is, I just want them to sell their games so I can hoard them.

#28 5 years ago

Shaq is still in my collection. It's been there a really long time.

#29 5 years ago

I own more pins then everyone in the league I'm in combined.
    Came in last place this past season.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

This sounds like me! I actually really don't play much pinball at all and I pretty much suck when I play but I love bringing "junk" back from the dead!

#31 5 years ago

I have bought parts for games I do not even own. . . just in case I acquire one someday.

#32 5 years ago

I have a WWE Wrestlemania LE.

And I like it.

#33 5 years ago

I'm out of space now but thinking if i get rid of that cabinet in the basement bathroom i could fit a pin in there

#34 5 years ago

I think daily that I should really quit the hobby and get rid of all my pins. And then my next thought is what my next 5 pins will be that I will buy. And then the next 5 after those and so on... Until I go full circle and think that I really need to quit this hobby and its money drain.

#35 5 years ago

Sometimes I know I should sell some games, but won’t because I’m paranoid that I’ll miss having that pin, even though I never play or turn it on.

#36 5 years ago

Hi...my name is John....and I'm a pinaholic...help me please!

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I get mad when I look at the “Post pictures of your Game Room” thread and see mofos with 15+ pins.....

I just want to be their buddy so I can come over, hang out, and play said games. Unfortunately all we have to offer in return is 1 pin, a ping-pong table, a sauna, a hot tub, and a nice view deck. And unfortunately the sauna and hot tub are a level of friendship higher than casually hanging out with pinball buddies...

-Adam

#38 5 years ago

I take the games I like and want to keep apart and leave it in pieces for years so my wife can’t talk me into selling it.

#39 5 years ago

I removed duct work in the basement to add space for two more games. Now the room above it is now cold in the winter and warm in the summer.

#40 5 years ago

I have spent countless hours on Pinside, maybe hundreds...... and this is my 3rd post.

#41 5 years ago

I think gottleib strikes n spares music is good.

#42 5 years ago

I miss a few of the games I’ve sold over the years in that when they come up for sale I have to find ways to talk myself out of owning them again so that I don’t end up being “that guy”.

#43 5 years ago

Moved 3 pins today, didn't even turn them on afterward.

#44 5 years ago

I can't get my fix...

#45 5 years ago

My OCD refuses to accept Credit Dots!

Drives me Crazy!

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My OCD refuses to accept Credit Dots!
    Drives me Crazy!

I gave up that fight.

#47 5 years ago

I've bought two pins in my current collection 4 times each.

#48 5 years ago

I fixed everything on all my pins over the holiday break....now, when I turn my games on and don’t hear the “bong, bong, bong” service alerts, it feels like something is missing.

#49 5 years ago

I wanna get "pinned" by this Japanese wrestler.

6611957 (resized).jpg6611957 (resized).jpg
    #50 5 years ago

I think pins are meant to be played and I have no problem if kids whack away on my games while having fun and don't care if I accidently scratch a cabinet or break a plastic.

Purple GI is goofy as hell to me but you do do you! You like it? Slap it on your game - life is too short to care what other people are doing to their games (and I'll still play it when I come over) .

There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/confessions-of-a-pinball-collector?hl=spinout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.