(Topic ID: 233025)

Confessions of a pinball collector

By EvanDickson

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5965AE08-C194-426E-BAD3-D734F61E30A4 (resized).jpeg
    Not a hoarder-collector.jpg
    Hoarding dog.jpg
    Hoarding.jpg
    b1 (resized).JPG
    20190101_191011 (002) (resized).jpg
    6611957 (resized).jpg
    There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 5 years ago

I started reading this thread and thought (just like previously mentioned) hey, this is the same as "the confessional" thread I'm sticking with that!

But now I'll be following this one too

#152 5 years ago

If I notice a burnt out light while playing, I can't hardly focus on the rest of the game. I'm just waiting until the last ball drains so that I can grab my tools, pull the glass and replace the offending bulb. I even have my wife trained to spot the little suckers and she's getting pretty good at it.

#153 5 years ago

I am much more paranoid driving home with a pinball machine than I am with driving home with another person in the vehicle. If there's an accident, people heal. Pinball machines don't.

#154 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

I am much more paranoid driving home with a pinball machine than I am with driving home with another person in the vehicle. If there's an accident, people heal. Pinball machines don't.

Im right there with you.

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

The only reason I ever watched The Sopranos, The Hobbit, 007 Goldeneye, Flintstones, Walking Dead and XMen is because I already owned the machines and wanted to understand the games a little better.

My wife has told me for years that the Lord of the Rings movies were 9 hours of her life she would never get back (seen before we were together). I love the movies and re-watch the extended versions every few years. Since we got LOTR pinball machine, she said she might be interested in seeing the movies again in order to understand the game and call-outs better.

#156 5 years ago

I’m bout to buy a 3000 terminator2 and I sold mine for 1200 couple years ago and I’m ok with it some how. lol

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

I talk about my pinball collection or other games I'm interested in getting to my friends too much. I think they getting sick of it by now... I need someone else with this similar obsession cause none of them get it.

Hey it's me.

#158 5 years ago
    Quoted from Adaminski:

My wife has told me for years that the Lord of the Rings movies were 9 hours of her life she would never get back (seen before we were together). I love the movies and re-watch the extended versions every few years. Since we got LOTR pinball machine, she said she might be interested in seeing the movies again in order to understand the game and call-outs better.

Remind her that there are also 3 Hobbit prequels...in case she wants to really enhance multipliers

#159 5 years ago

I am getting rid of furniture in my basement so I can put more pins down there.

#160 5 years ago

I built a house for my games, that house is bigger than both my first apartment and my first house put together

... oh, and I’m building it by hand and rarely get to play my games.

#161 5 years ago

If I had a walk out basement, I'd have a lot more pins. I'd probably be divorced too.

#162 5 years ago

I point to the right and wink when I get “the Spirit of the River!” callout on my Whitewater....

5965AE08-C194-426E-BAD3-D734F61E30A4 (resized).jpeg5965AE08-C194-426E-BAD3-D734F61E30A4 (resized).jpeg
    #163 5 years ago

I too sometimes wish they were all gone so I could get on with my life.

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

But, then, you wouldn't have a life.

LTG : )

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Holler at me if you want to get rid of BSD or TOTAN

#166 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I will take strikes & spares off of your hands if it will help you

#167 5 years ago

I bought Safecracker without ever playing it because i only had 24” of width left in my pin room.

#168 5 years ago

I had a pin tip when sliding it to its new position. Immediate instinct was to stick my hand out so the pin head wouldn’t hit the other one. Ended up with a nasty bruise, but more importantly no pins were damaged.

There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/confessions-of-a-pinball-collector/page/4?hl=gornkleschnitzer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.