• Latest reply 9 years ago by mot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NWA.jpg
#1 9 years ago

So I have accidentally been on board for the MMR since day 2. I was not in Chicago for the announcement but I was able to get online (after 4 calls from other pin nerds who were there) and went online and requested info on the announcement. I got in. I have quietly sat in the shadows of this historical endeavor waiting and hoping to see it to fruition. I have stood fast and persevered to the end in hopes of attaining a Medieval Madness NIB.I have watched the nay sayers, the fan boys and all in between. Every post from Rick and Planetary kept me positive and I stayed the course. Last week I got the email ...put up or shut up. This was the time to commit at total. I discussed it with my pin heads and received mixed reviews on the outcome. (It cost to much,It is untested technology. It will loose value,) I caved and sent the cancellation notice. Then two days of second guessing my actions came.
Wait, I really would like to own a MM.
They were over the top in cost before this remake.
Here's an opportunity to get the grail.
You are a chickenshit,why did you bail?
Cost? Lost Equity? New technology? ....

I called Rick today. I held him to his word (call me any time).
25 minutes of listening to a guy that truly believes in the pinball passion.
I asked if there was any way to retract my cancellation and he said yes, we have been so busy with all this but I will work it out for you.

So I'm back in!!!!!

I know this has been a huge moment in pinball. what happens next? All that I know is I'm getting a grail pin.

I would really like to hear other peoples emotions on this?
Oh by the way ,Thank Rick.

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

So I'm back in!!!!!

I'm happy for you !

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

congrats on a good decision in my opinion.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for sharing your story and being honest. I have been in on MMR but the 8K plus price tag is the most by far I will have ever paid for a pinball so I have been very cautious about the purchase. I appreciate your post.

#5 9 years ago

Next, we play MM.

Quoted from Skypilot:

I know this has been a huge moment in pinball. what happens next?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

So I'm back in!!!!!

You're making a horrible mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You're making a horrible mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here,s the thing though TeeKee. How is it a mistake that I will be enjoying a
NIB.HUO Medieval Madness. A Pin that has been beyond even my means.

#8 9 years ago

Welcome brother to the NWA! Feel free to embroider this patch wherever you see fit.

NWA.jpgNWA.jpg

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Watch this video 10 times and call me in the morning…

#10 9 years ago

Once you get that NIB delivered to the front door.....you won't have any regrets. Glad you were able to save the order ! We played MMR at Texas Pinball Festival. Plays just like the original....and it's purty!

#11 9 years ago

If you have the cash, enjoy it. Even if you play it for 6 months and decide to sell it, you always have that memory of opening a NIB pin that you are really excited about.

I personally wouldn't be worried about tech issues or it losing value. So what if it's only worth $7000 or even $6500 in a year. More incentive to keep enjoying it longer.

#12 9 years ago

My Pinside philosophy is that whatever Teekee says, hold the opposite to be true. It seems to serve me pretty well, so I think you're probably in good shape.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My Pinside philosophy is that whatever Teekee says, hold the opposite to be true. It seems to serve me pretty well, so I think you're probably in good shape.

I considered bailing. Not because the project isn't doing well because it seems to be going very well. I just questioned spending 8k on any pin. Then my son asked me, "Dad, can we get a Medieval Madness someday?" Well, you can guess my answer. I'm still in =)

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I called Rick today. I held him to his word (call me any time).
25 minutes of listening to a guy that truly believes in the pinball passion.
I asked if there was any way to retract my cancellation and he said yes, we have been so busy with all this but I will work it out for you.
So I'm back in!!!!!

I believe Rick is a good guy, but I think he is a better salesman.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

I believe Rick is a good guy, but I think he is a better salesman.

I would have to agree. I never even saw a quality photo of a completed MMr let alone what the PPS logo looks like on one, yet he managed to sell 1000 of these sight unseen. I'm sure it will all work out just fine, but I would rather wait to see something before I buy it.

#16 9 years ago

Quoted from Skypilot:Here,s the thing though TeeKee. How is it a mistake that I will be enjoying a

All he means is that very nice original MMs will be in the $4 and 5k range now, so you're paying a pretty premium for that new in box, brand new technology, extra features (did I mention BRAND NEW?) MM.

#17 9 years ago

all your fears are correct

all your reasons for being in are correct.

All that matters is that you enjoy.

For my own personal selfish reasons I hope lots of other pins hit the market now and I can buy them at further reduced prices. What are you selling ?

On that note, when is the MM payment due? I have not been keeping up? Is it all now or payment plan?

#18 9 years ago

I'm not in on MMr. MM is a fine game, but I never liked it enough to get one. However, if I used the words "grail game" when speaking about it, you are darn right I'd be in to get myself a NIB one. You're doing the right thing by getting back in. If you love to play the game (and can afford it), the rest will be fine. Get it, play it, and have some fun!

#19 9 years ago

The funny thing is that in my entire conversation with Rick he never asked me to buy back in. I was a building contractor for 25 years, Ive listened to a ton of bullshit in my day, he wasn't pitching any. I realized I wanted this and didn't follow thru. I'm just thankful I m still in

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

when is the MM payment due

Soon I'm sure. Today was the all in day. if you did not cancel as of today your deposit was non refundable.

#21 9 years ago

Buy it, play it, sell it when/if you get sick of it. You aren't deciding the future of mankind with this decision.

#22 9 years ago

DELETED - sorry wrong thread

#23 9 years ago

I had cancelled one of my two on Tuesday, so Rick had an LE to give you, oh grand waffler ...

Congrats!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Because he can now sell you a used one for just $12,000...what a deal

#25 9 years ago

Keith,

I was literally about to send you a PM asking if you had any inside info on this game because it has interested me since day one. I've never made a deposit or anything, but I still think about it and it seems that there is still potential to get in...

It seems like you've been very open about everything you know, which is very awesome. Thank you.

I definitely want to see it and play it to believe it: see how it's made, see if any common problems arise, ... you know what I mean. Please invite me over to play it once you get it!

Tom

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/confessions-of-a-mmr-waffler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.