(Topic ID: 114979)

Confession: I bought a Waterworld and think it's a great machine.

By embryonjohn

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Honestly. There's a lot to like. I'm even gonna through out the "keeper" word...

#2 9 years ago

How long ago did you buy it before throwing out the "K" word?

#3 9 years ago

What does through out the keeper word mean?

#4 9 years ago

you do not see many of them for sale.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

What does through out the keeper word mean?

My guess is he meant "throw" not "through".

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

My guess is he meant "throw" not "through".

Eggie isn't much of a "Context" type guy.

#7 9 years ago

I enjoyed the one at the Ohio show last year; IIRC it had previously been on Craigslist for $790 and was really clean. If I'd bought it at that price, I definitely would've kept it around for a year, give or take.

Don't take crap from people who say Gottlieb DMDs are categorically dogshit; some are pretty mediocre, but most are pretty fun on some level.

#8 9 years ago

Game title isn't important. If you like it is.

I hope everyone finds such happiness in a pin.

LTG : )™

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I hope everyone finds such happiness in a pin.

That's a great tag line!

#10 9 years ago

I played this game at calex a couple years back in the competition, i thought it was one of the funnest games. Theme sucks butnwas super fun to me.

#11 9 years ago

Bought the game for $700 last night and had the day off today, so I was able to give it 7-8 hours of shop time. The phone didn't ring & not a soul bothered me so I was really in the ZONE. Just a perfectly relaxing day with not a worry, a pin-cation as my wife calls it, so I fixed about a thousand little things on it all without needing any parts that I didn't already have, waxed it and introduced it to the family to rave reviews. I don't know if it's all a glow from the day, but the game has depth, speed, toys and on tourney play is pretty honest. Just say'n...

#12 9 years ago

$700 steal for sure

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

$700 steal for sure

Agreed. That is a lot of game for $700.

LTG : )

#14 9 years ago

We have owned one for about 4 or 5 years now and I still really like it. From what I understand movie sucked but I think the pinball machine is a very good machine overall and like Shaq Attack you can normally find them fairly cheap.

Waterworld & Shaq Attack are probably still two of the best deals in pinball right now if you can find them at a price in line with Boston Pinball average. Neither are great games but both are lots of fun to play and non pinball players seem to love both.

#15 9 years ago

Sounds like a good day!
Sure, it will never be in the AFM or TAF ball park of popularity, but it's not priced like one of those either.
They're reliable games, those system 3's, play it a lot.

#16 9 years ago

Any DMD game under $1000 is awesome! Ahh, it reminds me of the good old days!

#17 9 years ago

700 I would pay that all day long

#18 9 years ago

I've never owned one but the title has always intrigued me. I liked the movie so if one comes my way someday I'll jump on it. Enjoy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bremerton, WA
2,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/confession-i-bought-a-waterworld-and-think-its-a-great-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.