IMG_0941 (resized).JPG
IMG_0939 (resized).JPG
IMG_0938 (resized).JPG
IMG_0937 (resized).JPG
IMG_0936 (resized).JPG
IMG_0935 (resized).JPG
IMG_0894 (resized).JPG
IMG_0891 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 7 years ago

0. I'll take it off of your hands. Just kidding.

I'd say an 8, 8.5, or 9 on a good day. Cabinet looks especially very nice. In an ideal world where I was rich I'd buy it and ship it here...

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

A 10 is something that's been fully restored or a game that was (sadly) hardly played, yet meticulously maintained. 9 is a game that's been gently played...not too much!...and then it goes down from there. But I defer to the guys with more EM experience than me!

Just admit it Boob, it's a classic case of competition of new-pickup mine's b̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶ better

Screenshot_4417 (resized).pngScreenshot_4417 (resized).png

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I know you're kidding, but you wouldn't say that if you saw the current state of my Joker Poker (pre-restoration). It's all but ready for a dumpster fire.

I meant your C37, of course.

Well hey, Joker Poker is a good game. Of course everybody loves nice games but you gotta have a soft spot for "dumpster fire" games. If it proves too much for you my birthday falls on Pinfest setup day.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

It's a good candidate for a new playfield.

We have completely different ideas on that To me good canidate for a new playfield is finding a machine with a nice decent cabinet with a nice decent backglass and the shittiest most godawful playfield. (Those definitely come up a lot, the combination makes sense) To me this is far from a playfield-upgrade machine but to each their own!

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Are you kidding? This machine needs a new backglass and playfield unless you're satisfied with an average game. The cabinet seems fine, haven't seen pics of the coin door. Hope to find a game in this condition in Allentown.

To me that is far above average with a couple of very tiny issues. With some further cleaning and a good waxing the lines may clean up even better. I would take that playfield over a brand new reproduction one but I understand that others may not share the same opinion. However, I am surprised though that you think it is so bad.

Backglass is also very very presentable, I would consider it a 7.5 out of 10 with only a little flaking in the reds.

With a cabinet that nice I would consider this not spot on, but in the ballpark of, a CQ game.

#46 7 years ago

Often times it is about how nice an original game is rather than how deep your wallet for a reproduction part is. Anybody can get one of those easily. To me this game is very nice (with the most dramatic thing probably being the kickout hole dings) and I would be very very happy to own it as-is. Personally I think you are being too picky. Not sure if you buy only nice games or project games for your collection to improve but they get A LOT worse from there. A lot, and very frequently. It is not uncommon to find a game with a dinged up cabinet, a playfield worn to the wood, and with major flaking in the backglass. If these games were somehow naturally immune to this and most examples were perfect, then yes, these issues would be a lot more dramatic. But this is a very very nice survivor, looks like a very low-played machine. I guess it is easy for anybody to be spoiled in an era of remade playfields, painted cabinets, and reprinted backglasses. I do not know the OP, nor have I seen the game in person, nor do I mean to overstep my opinion but looks like a gem to me. Nothing is more beautiful than a fully original mint condition game IMO, they have a certain essence to them.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

How's that SkyRocket backglass going? Are you going to bgresto it?

Not feeling confident mine would make the trip well unfortunately. Hope somebody does it one day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/condition-question-c37?tu=otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.