(Topic ID: 252894)

Con, Med, Lib.......how exactly does this work on the PF?

By TeaHaus

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

08 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Was reading through the manual last night for my 1976 Gottlieb Royal Flush and there's a diagram of the playfield with all the various parts etc. I noticed that there are posts that look like they can be moved and are labeled con, med, lib. I understand the concept that making outlanes more narrow provides for more liberal (easy) game-play (ie. balls don't drain as easy). The switches can also be adjusted from underneath the playfield. My question is are there additional holes under these posts to move posts further out from their present position? I don't see any on my PF but then again, I haven't taken them off. Does moving these not interfere with the plastics or the rubbers? Just wondering.............

08 (resized).jpg08 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Good question! I was wondering about this too.

#3 4 years ago

In my experience they have had predrilled holes on the play field and the plastics have a slotted hole to accommodate the move.

#4 4 years ago

If you decide to move the joker targets to conservative, DO NOT move the upper joker.
The rubber ring behind it is v shaped resulting in the plastic target wedged into the rubber ring when hit, keeping 2 of the 3 switch blades closed with erratic scoring.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

If you decide to move the joker targets to conservative, DO NOT move the upper joker.
The rubber ring behind it is v shaped resulting in the plastic target wedged into the rubber ring when hit, keeping 2 of the 3 switch blades closed with erratic scoring.

Good to know! Thanks for the tip. I don't actually want to move anything since I think my pin plays well. There are a couple of pins at the outlanes that are missing (holes are there, pins are not). Do they increase/decrease difficulty? I know that during tournaments, posts at the outlanes are often removed to make the ball easier to drain and increase gameplay difficulty. Not sure if these small metal pins do the same. Ball seems to bounce off them when hit directly.

#6 4 years ago

Interesting subject. I have a "Pin Up" with a selector on the motor board for cons/lib.
I have a friend who has a sample game, and it doesn't have it.
On lib, it awards an extra ball when lighting the WOW. On cons, it does not. Otherwise, the WOW feature functions the same.

#7 4 years ago

I hated how much the ball drained on the sides and just moved my pins over to liberal this morning. I may have to move few more now that I see how easy it is it do and I can't get the dang ball into the horseshoe no matter how go a shot I am.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

There are a couple of pins at the outlanes that are missing (holes are there, pins are not). Do they increase/decrease difficulty? I know that during tournaments, posts at the outlanes are often removed to make the ball easier to drain and increase gameplay difficulty. Not sure if these small metal pins do the same. Ball seems to bounce off them when hit directly.

It should be easier with the pins in. That said, almost every one of these I have seen has been missing the pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/con-med-libhow-exactly-does-this-work-on-the-pf?hl=md_pinball_dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.