(Topic ID: 218937)

Compy's Arcade Update - Got my pins back!

By Compy

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0460 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0455 (resized).JPG

#1 5 years ago

So, for subscribers of the Compy's Arcade YouTube channel where I did various arcade and mini-bowling hacks might have noticed that things have been a bit mum the last few months. I've been busy doing contract work for Spooky, Valley-Dynamo, American Pinball, Multimorphic and Circus Maximus with Kingpin. A few people have asked for updates on my first project, Demolition Man 2000, and I'm happy to say that I can and will start doing those again!

Those contracts have been going extremely well, but just last weekend I ventured out to the great SFGE show to visit with friends, talk about some Kingpin, and pick my games back up and take them back to Austin! TheBEAVR was nice enough to make the trek with me and help out on the 16 hour drive back to ATX.

As to be expected when getting these games back after two years, there are a few things to be done. Many thanks to pkiefert and a few others for watching these games!

First up: Space Shuttle - I bought this game for practically nothing as it wasn't working and had a blown out playfield. I played this exact machine at Interstate Lanes in Lakeland Florida in the early 90s as a kid. This one is never leaving. Currently it has a sound issue (no sound) and some battery corrosion that need to be addressed... oh boy.

Space ShuttleSpace Shuttle

Next up: The Addams Family - I played this title a lot on location in the mid-late 90's, and I just had to have it! This one powered right up since my friend at Titan_Pinball shopped it out! This game just needed to be wiped down and she was ready! This one has the gold roms in it.

Addams FamilyAddams Family

Next up: Twilight Zone - I love this game. It is usually pretty brutal to me, but I also suck at pinball. I have a bunch of things planned for this game, but since it left home, it has the typical reset issue. I have a few parts on order to fix that, most likely new caps and BRs since reseating cables didn't help.

Twilight ZoneTwilight Zone

Next up: Wizard Blocks - I built this one from the ground up and threw it into a Star Wars Episode I cabinet. This is the one game that I took with me when I moved to Austin a couple years ago. It has been at the last two TPFs, but there are a LOT of tweaks that need to be done to make the game reliable. This also has the original spinning flasher design. I need to put the computer back into it.

Wizard BlocksWizard Blocks

Next up: Demolition Man (2000) - I built this one using a P-ROC as my first custom pinball project back in 2011. The cabinet was courtesy of Matt and Eve formerly of Titan Pinball. There are about 8 modes in the game, a slightly revised soundtrack for parts of the game, and of course the pinball 2000 concept. I've decided that this and Wizard Blocks are the only Pinball 2000 style games that I will ever do. I'll be sure to get some video of this one that is in HD compared to the old footage. After hooking up the computer, this one just powered right up!

Demolition Man 2000Demolition Man 2000

Next up: Whirlwind - I bought this one off of a fellow collector that was getting into other hobbies several years ago. This game powered right up, however I have a newer playfield that I want to swap it with instead of this one with obvious wear. I love the humor in this game, and I would love to get an Earthshaker to go right beside it some day.

WhirlwindWhirlwind

So glad to have these games back, so I'll be stepping through them one at a time and doing the needed repairs and such, then a big party for friends in the Austin area!

-- Jimmy

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod
Decorations
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Electronics
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep
Led
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 159.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
26,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
4,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Port Charlotte, FL
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/compy-s-arcade-update-got-my-pins-back and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.