(Topic ID: 232841)

Computer Engineering vs. Computer Science Degrees (School Selection)

By iamabearsfan

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Richthofen
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190105-155242_Chrome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eric_S.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 5 years ago

Since you are in northern IL, I'd suggest looking at Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE). I received my BSEE there in 2003. They are a private college, so tuition is more, but there is a lot of scholarship and financial aid packages to help offset. MSOE is focused on undergrad engineering and all professors are there solely to teach, so there are no teachers assistants, no faculty research taking away time from students, etc. MSOE also focuses on real life application, so the lab/hands-on portion of the curriculum is a point of emphasis (not just theory all day long). They offer computer science along with engineering disciplines in software, computer, electrical, mechanical and industrial. An alumnus made a large donation for a new computer science/AI building that is currently under construction. Being a relatively small school, I really got to know my professors and classmates. I would suggest taking a tour on one of the open house days.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eric_S.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/computer-engineering-vs-computer-science-degrees-school-selection?tu=Eric_S and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.