• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

getaway_flasher_fuse_(resized).png
getaway_leds_(resized).png

#1 7 years ago

I just upgraded to all LEDs last night on my Getaway HS II. I first did the backbox, then flashers, then GI, then Inserts. When I completed all the flashers I turned on the machine and ran single and all flasher test through the test menu, and everything worked great. So I proceeded on for a couple of more hours doing the GI & inserts, and tested them successfully. When I put the game back together, I noticed the flashers weren't working. Went to test them and all of them are dead, and I can't figure out what is wrong at this point.

I've tested all fuses for resistance that I can find in the backbox and everything checks out. I don't see any pulled wires from any of the lights, and all of the connectors look good. I haven't had much time to diagnose further, and not even sure check connector(s) on the mainboard supply power to the flashers. Also, while I thought highly unlikely that all flashers would blow out, I replaced several with known working bulbs and still do not get any illumination from any of the 18 in the pin (neither backbox, toys, or playfield). All other lamps are working correctly.

Any help pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

#2 7 years ago

Is LED5 lit (may need coin door closed)?

getaway_leds_(resized).pnggetaway_leds_(resized).png

Did you check F111 out of circuit with a meter?

getaway_flasher_fuse_(resized).pnggetaway_flasher_fuse_(resized).png

#3 7 years ago

I have tried both with door open and closed when testing (it has always worked with door open), also the flashers do not work during gameplay with door closed.

No, I have not checked F111 nor have I noticed LED 5, so I appreciate the advice on where to look. I assume I am looking for LED 5 to be lit? What if it is not? I have checked the fuse for resistance and it seems normal, but I have some extras so I will try just switching it out. Other than that, how should I be testing the circuit (while I have a meter, I have limited understanding on what I am doing with it).

#4 7 years ago

Always check fuses out of circuit. Game off, pop out the fuse. If using Resistance on your meter, set it to the lowest setting and connect one lead to either end. The display should read "0". This indicates a good fuse.

Let's get a new fuse in there, or that one tested, and verify LED5 is ON.

Report back your discoveries.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Always check fuses out of circuit. Game off, pop out the fuse. If using Resistance on your meter, set it to the lowest setting and connect one lead to either end. The display should read "0". This indicates a good fuse.
Let's get a new fuse in there, or that one tested, and verify LED5 is ON.
Report back your discoveries.

Won't be home for several hours (work is getting in the way of my new pinball habit), but I will definitely follow your advice and report back. Thank you.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Complete Flasher Failure.

I know what you mean. This man popped out from behind a tree as two girls approached him, then faced them with the front of his raincoat held wide open. It wasn't until he glanced down at himself and remembered he was fully dressed underneath the raincoat that he realized it was...complete flasher failure.

#7 7 years ago

I think you might be ready for open mic night!

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Is LED5 lit (may need coin door closed)?

Did you check F111 out of circuit with a meter?

Props to cody! When examining LED 5 it was not lit. So, even though I thought I had tested fuse F111 successfully, I replaced it and the flashers began to work.

3 years later
#9 4 years ago

Old thread but this happened to me too. I had the board out replacing the caps (working on a low 5v problem). After reinstalling, no flashers. F111 was blown; LED 5 (+20v) was out. New fuse and all seems to be good now. Not sure what I did to blow the fuse.

#10 4 years ago

Some times old fuses just give out!
I moved a Black Knight across the room, and it blow out the fuse for the coils, "big time" left it black.
Replaced fuse, never had a problem afterwards.
Ever bump a lite light bulb and with in minutes the bulb blows?
Same thing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Trade
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Electronics
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods
Plastics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/complete-flasher-failure and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.