(Topic ID: 324670)

Competition

By Dn310

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

whatever.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 4.46.33 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    MatureImmaculateAmericanavocet-size_restricted.gif
    #1 1 year ago

Hello All,

What do you all think is the biggest competition to pinball right now? What are some other gaming options that are competing with pinball, as well as other general entertainment options? Thank you.

#2 1 year ago
    MatureImmaculateAmericanavocet-size_restricted.gifMatureImmaculateAmericanavocet-size_restricted.gif
    #4 1 year ago

Biggest competition in what way? On location pay to play? In that case I would say billiards tables or maybe arcades/redemption machines at places like dave & busters or similar. Or possibly “juke boxes”. And by that I mean those stupid flat screen song selectors in some bars. Or did you mean in the home environment? In this case I would say arcade/mame cabs, gaming consoles and PC gaming.

#5 1 year ago

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 4.46.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-27 at 4.46.33 PM (resized).png

People would rather be nasty on Pinside than play pinball, it seems sometimes.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from altan:

[quoted image]
    People would rather be nasty on Pinside than play pinball, it seems sometimes.

Nobody is being "nasty".

Asking on a hobby website "what other hobbies are out there" seems like an odd question to ask as one of your first posts.

Or, it could just be someone fishing for data for some reason.

Or it could simply be a poorly worded question.

#7 1 year ago

I don't know about biggest or in what sense you mean, and it will differ all over but as an acitivity something like maybe disc golf or board gaming.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nobody is being "nasty".
    Asking on a hobby website "what other hobbies are out there" seems like an odd question to ask as one of your first posts.
    Or, it could just be someone fishing for data for some reason.
    Or it could simply be a poorly worded question.

Oh, that's not what I meant. Of course, it's no fun when it needs explanation!

I was saying that, in response to "What do you all think is the biggest competition to pinball right now?", a (somewhat) tongue-in-cheek answer is "pinside" because (some) people would rather exchange nasty messages with each other than play pinball. Hence "being nasty on pinside" is a hobby competitive with pinball.

#9 1 year ago

Gambling, look at WMS exit from pinball manufacturing.

#10 1 year ago

There are many things trying to grab my attention and time, but pinball always wins. I recently signed up to Disney+ for the first time, and I've only watched a handful of shows. I have a PS5 loaded with all the latest games, but it's no match for pinball.

#11 1 year ago

It’s more like: pinball is in competition with nothing. It’s such a niche it’s not competing with anything. Almost any other pastime you can think of is probably more popular.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

[quoted image]

He’s not coming back to this thread is he..

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from gjm7777:

He’s not coming back to this thread is he..

#15 1 year ago

The biggest competition for pinball is apparently never responding to your own forum topics.

Quoted from bigehrl:

[quoted image]

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/competition?hl=spyroftw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.