(Topic ID: 184564)

Compensation for personal EM repair tutorial?

By phil-lee

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by cfh
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

If this has been discussed before my apologies. What about a way to compensate repair counsel on a personal basis from the Experts here? Someone to walk you through repair procedures with an incentive to see it to the end? There is a wealth of knowledge freely shared on Pinside for which I am extremely grateful.
    This would be more of a "shared labor" pool so a novice can pay for private counsel to repair their particular machine.
    Just a thought.

#2 2 years ago

Not exactly on topic, but I wonder if a 'Live internet fix-it person business' could work.
    Ex. A good tech has clients who would wear a body cam during sessions. Live streaming? Anyway, the tech would walk the client through trouble shooting in real-time, while being able to watch and comment on the results. Techs could have an agreement where they charge by the minute for live connections. The tech could advertise the 'Open hours' where folks could log in (kinda like where a website says an operator is available for a live chat).

Does any of this make sense, or is it too early in the morning for me?

Edit. And the tech makes sure the client has the basic tools and schematic (like they should anyway) and the tech would have all of the schematics on hand for said client's pins.

#3 2 years ago

I suggest www.pinballninja.com as good starting point. it is subscription ($20), but it may be the droid you're looking for.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

I suggest http://www.pinballninja.com as good starting point. it is subscription ($20), but it may be the droid you're looking for.

Updates are few and far between over the last year or so on the ninja site Clay.
    What's up with that?

#5 2 years ago

I signed up with Ninja, but can individual em repairs be searched, or do you need to watch each one to see what's being addressed? I guess I need to look at it closer.

#6 2 years ago

There is a search field, however lately it's been paint touchups or not much at all.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from osudrummer:

There is a search field, however lately it's been paint touchups or not much at all.

Yeah, updated weakly

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

I suggest http://www.pinballninja.com as good starting point. it is subscription ($20), but it may be the droid you're looking for.

I subscribed to this site but never got the link to work. I have emailed about this issue in the past but link never worked. I am sure I would love the site as i have gleaned a lot of insight from your tutorials.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Not exactly on topic, but I wonder if a 'Live internet fix-it person business' could work.
    Ex. A good tech has clients who would wear a body cam during sessions. Live streaming? Anyway, the tech would walk the client through trouble shooting in real-time, while being able to watch and comment on the results. Techs could have an agreement where they charge by the minute for live connections. The tech could advertise the 'Open hours' where folks could log in (kinda like where a website says an operator is available for a live chat).
    Does any of this make sense, or is it too early in the morning for me?
    Edit. And the tech makes sure the client has the basic tools and schematic (like they should anyway) and the tech would have all of the schematics on hand for said client's pins.

I would go for something like that. There are some great resources on the web particularly Clay's sites and Vid's guides but there are still times where I would rather just pay someone and get direct and immediate advice.

#10 2 years ago

Guess a case of beer, just doesn't cut it any more. Possibly a Bottle of good whiskey.

#11 2 years ago

Deli meats & Shasta beverages work for me.

#12 2 years ago

Cash is King. Live Tech trumps internet everything short of 30 years from now when you can do a hologram and have Dirt Flipper in your game room. Speaking of dirt, in 30 years I'll probably be eating it while pushing up daisies.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Cash is King. Live Tech trumps internet everything short of 30 years from now when you can do a hologram and have Dirt Flipper in your game room. Speaking of dirt, in 30 years I'll probably be eating it while pushing up daisies.

Because there's definitely a tech willing to teach their trade for pennies within driving distance

#14 2 years ago

on the ninja site there is a 'table of contents' link where you can repairs grouped by game type. so if you're looking for wpc repairs or em repairs, you can find the links to the individual repairs easily. with nearly 900 repairs (and nearly 400 videos), yea there's a lot to look through.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 8.95
    $ 8.99
    Lighting - Other
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 137.00
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 19.95
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    £ 80.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 199.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Lighting - Led
    TheDudeMods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 179.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside