(Topic ID: 272038)

Comparing two flipper coils FL20-300/28-400 and FL21-375/28-400

By Peruman

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Peruman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

The left flipper on the Little Chief I recently got to work has always been weaker than the right flipper. Not only does it have less power when sending the ball up the playfield, but also "gives" when trying to catch the ball. The right flipper has neither of these issues.

What I have done so far is replace the bushings, springs, and plunger/links. I have also checked and corrected the gap on the EOS switches. What I had not done until tonight was check the coils themselves. Each flipper has a different coil.

The right flipper (which works as expected) has the correct coil for this game, FL20-300/28-400. The left flipper has a different coil, FL21-375/28-400. From what I have read online, the secondary windings are the same (28-400) but the primary windings are not. Which coil is stronger? And could the difference in coils explain why the left flipper does not work as well?

Thanks!

#6 3 years ago

Adding the correct coil and some new sleeves to my PBR order! Thank you for all the help!

I do need to find the formula for calculating the resistance of the coil/magnetic field strength for times like this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Peruman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comparing-two-flipper-coils-fl20-300-28-400-and-fl21-375-28-400?tu=Peruman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.