Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-900.jpg
    image-630.jpg
    image-664.jpg
    Theater4.jpg
    Mc.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider longjohns.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from nate1981s:

High end audio will never come back. I am a audiophile too but pinball is very different. Starting about 10-15 years ago the problem is the law of diminishing returns because cheap crap sounds so good for so little money. People I have shown my system too (about $50k) say it great but even if it was free they would not want it in their house due to the physical size never mind the cost. To 98% of people they can get theater/concert sound with a sound bar attached to their flat panel display with plenty of bass from that little cube on the floor. Another problem is no one really listens to music anymore. Who do you know actually buys a CD-SACD-whatever and sits in the sweet spot of a stereo system just to listen to music?

I was one that used to listen to music in the "sweet spot" - but that was many, many years ago. For the most part I now just listen to music more in a sense of having background noise. I still appreciate good sounding equipment and have spent some coin on my current system (not insane amounts like I use to) - but I will admit I also have had to compromised music sound quality as I use the same system to watch tv/movies with as well. I had to find a balance between the 2 and currently don't see the need to have 2 separate systems 'tuned' for their peak performance for either music or movies.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider longjohns.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comparing-the-future-of-pinball-and-high-end-audio?tu=longjohns and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.