Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9A1EDE50-E06C-49E4-844F-0F0E847BF266.gif
    200.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gamera9.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

My first new car was 8,000 in 1990 (Nissan Hardbody), my new car last year was 20,000 (Honda Fit). Both vehicles can transport a pin. 1990 pinball was about 2500 or 31%. New in box today is 6200 or 31%. Bugs Bunny vs Avengers, which is worth 31% of a car?

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

[quoted image]

I am justvtrying to say compare an entry level pinball to entry level car, hasn't changed much.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The value of a regular car tends to crater over time. Classic/sport/collectible cars are a bit different. Those generally hold their value.
    The value of a pin has generally remained steady or gone up over time.

absolutely, everyone complains about prices, but I have collected since 82 and never lost money on a pinball, all the cars since then are now almost worthless.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Honda Fit? Yes. But yes, vehicle depreciation is a downward ramp for sure.

True, but pins do not

Quoted from underlord:

What kind of a sicko bashes BBBB. Oh, right. Almost everyone.

Quoted from underlord:

Yeah...my cars are much more than 20k. Lowers the percentage, unless I’m an idiot buying a POTC CE for 30k. Then it’s 50%.
    Anything can be comparable and the data can be cherry picked to reflect one’s views.
    Pinball is expensive. Part of the appeal.

I was just putting out the prices of cars I have bought, I didn't buy my first new in box pin until I bought Aerosmith. I bought my first pin for 75.00 in 1982, I bought a Star wars NIB from a show for 4800. For what you get I think new pinballs aren't that bad. I would rather drive compact cars and buy new pins than not have them. People make choices with their money. I work in social services and my wife is a teacher. We do not make much, but pinball is a priority. We like hosting tournaments and parties.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Yep. First post is about what I'd expect from a Honda Fit driver. Kudos.

Smallest car you can put a pinball without taking backbox off.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m just glad someone finally compared cars to pinball machines.

Buy a smaller car and a pinball machine. Can't stand when people say they can't afford pinball. Spend less on a car or buy an inexpensive pinball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gamera9.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comparing-new-cars-to-new-pinballs-?tu=gamera9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.