Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9A1EDE50-E06C-49E4-844F-0F0E847BF266.gif
    200.gif
    #1 2 years ago

My first new car was 8,000 in 1990 (Nissan Hardbody), my new car last year was 20,000 (Honda Fit). Both vehicles can transport a pin. 1990 pinball was about 2500 or 31%. New in box today is 6200 or 31%. Bugs Bunny vs Avengers, which is worth 31% of a car?

#2 2 years ago
    200.gif200.gif
    #3 2 years ago

I think it's a weird attempt to badmouth Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash?

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from gamera9:

My first new car was 8,000 in 1990 (Nissan Hardbody), my new car last year was 20,000 (Honda Fit). Both vehicles can transport a pin. 1990 pinball was about 2500 or 31%. New in box today is 6200 or 31%. Bugs Bunny vs Avengers, which is worth 31% of a car?

Yeah...my cars are much more than 20k. Lowers the percentage, unless I’m an idiot buying a POTC CE for 30k. Then it’s 50%.

Anything can be comparable and the data can be cherry picked to reflect one’s views.

Pinball is expensive. Part of the appeal.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cheberha:

I think it's a weird attempt to badmouth Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash?

What kind of a sicko bashes BBBB. Oh, right. Almost everyone.

#6 2 years ago

If you buy a NIB pinball machine and play the crap out of it for 3 years, you can then go and sell it for what you paid for it +/- 10%.
    If you buy a new car and drive the crap out of it for 3 years, it loses half of its value.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If you buy a NIB pinball machine and play the crap out of it for 3 years, you can then go and sell it for what you paid for it +/- 10%.
    If you buy a new car and drive the crap out of it for 3 years, it loses half of its value.

Honda Fit? Yes. But yes, vehicle depreciation is a downward ramp for sure.

#8 2 years ago

The value of a regular car tends to crater over time. Classic/sport/collectible cars are a bit different. Those generally hold their value.

The value of a pin has generally remained steady or gone up over time.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

[quoted image]

I am justvtrying to say compare an entry level pinball to entry level car, hasn't changed much.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The value of a regular car tends to crater over time. Classic/sport/collectible cars are a bit different. Those generally hold their value.
    The value of a pin has generally remained steady or gone up over time.

absolutely, everyone complains about prices, but I have collected since 82 and never lost money on a pinball, all the cars since then are now almost worthless.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Honda Fit? Yes. But yes, vehicle depreciation is a downward ramp for sure.

True, but pins do not

Quoted from underlord:

What kind of a sicko bashes BBBB. Oh, right. Almost everyone.

Quoted from underlord:

Yeah...my cars are much more than 20k. Lowers the percentage, unless I’m an idiot buying a POTC CE for 30k. Then it’s 50%.
    Anything can be comparable and the data can be cherry picked to reflect one’s views.
    Pinball is expensive. Part of the appeal.

I was just putting out the prices of cars I have bought, I didn't buy my first new in box pin until I bought Aerosmith. I bought my first pin for 75.00 in 1982, I bought a Star wars NIB from a show for 4800. For what you get I think new pinballs aren't that bad. I would rather drive compact cars and buy new pins than not have them. People make choices with their money. I work in social services and my wife is a teacher. We do not make much, but pinball is a priority. We like hosting tournaments and parties.

#12 2 years ago

Yep. First post is about what I'd expect from a Honda Fit driver. Kudos.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from gamera9:

I am justvtrying to say compare an entry level pinball to entry level car, hasn't changed much.

Cars, like pinball, vary so much between "entry level" vs "non entry level".

What's to say that my entry level car isn't a Lamborghini Huracan?

Or that my top end car isn't said Honda Fit?

Either way, I'm just counting the number of posts before CrazyLevi chimes in. That's the real reason why I'm following this thread. It's the cargument thread!

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Yep. First post is about what I'd expect from a Honda Fit driver. Kudos.

Smallest car you can put a pinball without taking backbox off.

#15 2 years ago

Who the fuck spends 20k on a car? Do you know how many pinball machines that is? My last 5 cars all cost less than 3k.i would never spend more on a car than a new pinball machine,that's just crazy talk.

#16 2 years ago

I’m just glad someone finally compared cars to pinball machines.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Yeah...my cars are much more than 20k.

Dude, this is pinside: don't you know you have to include pictures of said cars now!

Honda Fit, teehee... J/K, my buddy owns one too: a little jealous he can fit a pin!

#18 2 years ago

Assets that generally but not always depreciate
    Vehicles
    Computers/Electronics
    Timeshares
    Boats
    Mobile Homes/Campers

Assets that generally but not always appreciate
    Homes/Real Estate
    401Ks/Stocks
    Crypto Currency
    Precious Metals

Assets that always appreciate
    Pinballs!

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Buy a smaller car and a pinball machine. Can't stand when people say they can't afford pinball. Spend less on a car or buy an inexpensive pinball.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Its like we finally broke the 4 minute mile barrier!

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Its like we finally broke the 4 minute mile barrier!

If only someone would have the balls to compare pinball pricing to some kind of a balloon-type thing that possibly has too much air in it and may rupture in some way.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from gamera9:

True, but pins do not

I was just putting out the prices of cars I have bought, I didn't buy my first new in box pin until I bought Aerosmith. I bought my first pin for 75.00 in 1982, I bought a Star wars NIB from a show for 4800. For what you get I think new pinballs aren't that bad. I would rather drive compact cars and buy new pins than not have them. People make choices with their money. I work in social services and my wife is a teacher. We do not make much, but pinball is a priority. We like hosting tournaments and parties.

Well you sir have your priorities WELL in order. Court is adjourned.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If only someone would have the balls to compare pinball pricing to some kind of a balloon-type thing that possibly has too much air in it and may rupture in some way.

A NEW RECORD! It took Levi 19 posts to get here. I truly expected him to be in the first 5.

The Cargument is like a guilty pleasure. Like watching a bad movie or actually enjoying Nickelback. The temptations can overwhelm the easily swayed!

#25 2 years ago

Oh, cargument, so original...

#26 2 years ago

Seems outa wack but investing in a new pinball machine seems wiser than investing in a new car. Just not the logical choice if that makes any sense.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Seems outa wack but investing in a new pinball machine seems wiser than investing in a new car. Just not the logical choice if that makes any sense.

We have established this as fact.

9A1EDE50-E06C-49E4-844F-0F0E847BF266.gif9A1EDE50-E06C-49E4-844F-0F0E847BF266.gif
    #28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

And it seems equally true that investing in a used pinball machine is better economically than investing in a used car.

#29 2 years ago

Ive never had a car get me pussy but pinball is another story...

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I don't know man... How many times have you gotten laid in a car vs getting laid in a pinball machine?

Checkmate!

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm guessing you forgot to add the picture of a sleeping cat on your machine?

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

I don't know man... How many times have you gotten laid in a car vs getting laid in a pinball machine?
    Checkmate!

You have me there but the car was a ford festiva trust me that's not what got me laid

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comparing-new-cars-to-new-pinballs- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.