53%
  • I prefer Williams Getaway High Speed 2 36 votes
    47%

(76 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20181016205939 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Curious of opinions Comparing Fish Tales -vs- Getaway High Speed 2 both being same condition with Color DMD.

#2 4 years ago

Owned both would by the High Speed I I again

#3 4 years ago

Which theme do you like better?? Fishing or car theme? They are both fun in unique ways, hard to say which one is “better”. I would put some time on both and see which one you enjoy more.

#4 4 years ago

This is one of the tougher comparison threads. Personally I like fishtales. Getaway is every bit as fun. Neither game is too deep, just fun to shoot. If I was more of a gear head I would probably pick Getaway. It really does come down to which theme do you like better. You can always buy both.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

This is one of the tougher comparison threads. Personally I like fishtales. Getaway is every bit as fun. Neither game is too deep, just fun to shoot. If I was more of a gear head I would probably pick Getaway. It really does come down to which theme do you like better. You can always buy both.

Theme all the way on this one. Both really fun but i can't stand the country twang. Getaway all day.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Theme all the way on this one. Both really fun but i can't stand the country twang. Getaway all day.

You are not the first person who has told me they hate the music on fishtales. I'm not a fan of country music at all, but it's so well incorporated into the theme it never bothered me.

#7 4 years ago

Wow. Great comparison. I really love both of these games in terms of game play.
I’ve owned both. They’re both equally fantastic games. Just depends what day you’re in the mood for......a fishing theme or racing theme.
There is no wrong answer really.

#8 4 years ago

I prefer Getaway.

#9 4 years ago

I currently own both. I love both, Fish Tales is my favorite game in my collection. I hate fishing, this game makes it seem.fun. great shots, great video mode, lots of ways to score, great theme integration.

#10 4 years ago

Fishtales

It wins the Topper War as well as the Video Mode Showdown.

"You gonna talk or you gonna fish?"

#11 4 years ago

We own both at the mo, side by side and I'm a real gear head.... But I enjoy fish tales just a little more, getting the tackle box jackpots is a good challenge
Wifey gives the edge to f.t. too
And where else can you see a fish play the drums??

#12 4 years ago

This is a tough comparison. Same company, same year, approx the same amount made. Getaway is ranked #49 and FT is ranked #51 on pinside.
This is truly as close as it gets.

Fish Tales go for a fair amount more (about 500-800), and I feel that is very telling.

I chose FT, but I suppose theme would be a big factor in this. Of course...if they are around the same price, that make FT the better value since they usually go for more.

#13 4 years ago

If only curiosity could get someone to perform an online search.

I'm gonna vote: 62% FT and HS2 38% -- but don't ask me where I'm gonna get the numbers from.
You get one emoji per failed search attempt.

-mof

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-vs-getaway
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fishtales-vs-getaway
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getaway-vs-fish-tales

#14 4 years ago

Well.....fishing versus running from cops

No I kid...

Gotta go FT, and I'm a car Guy

#15 4 years ago

Two excellent games . I've had my fish tails for 20 years and love it as much as when I first got it . I had getaway and loved it as well , I only sold it because it wasn't a very good example and I want to buy it again . They're both a blast to play and it's nice to just jump on a pin and not get bogged down by complicated rules . If I had to choose one and I did , I would go for fish tails everyday .

IMG20181016205939 (resized).jpgIMG20181016205939 (resized).jpg
#16 4 years ago

I like the challenge of playing fish tales more than Getaway. I like everything else better about getaway. That goes for theme, music, art, rules, callouts, etc.

I will vote getaway because overall, in my opinion, it is a better overall game when thinking of every aspect.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Two excellent games . I've had my fish tails for 20 years and love it as much as when I first got it . I had getaway and loved it as well , I only sold it because it wasn't a very good example and I want to buy it again . They're both a blast to play and it's nice to just jump on a pin and not get bogged down by complicated rules . If I had to choose one and I did , I would go for fish tails everyday .[quoted image]

Does everyone in Australia own a Fish Tales?

#18 4 years ago

Getaway.

As said above, both good games. But for me, Getaway is almost a perfect game. I love explaining it to new pinball people who don’t even know games have rules yet. I’ve had one for about 10 years now, and I still enjoy playing it. Sometimes I like straightforward pinball machines. I love crazy rules, but sometimes I just want to do something simple. And running the red light and running from the cops is always awesome.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Almost everyone , because it's such a great game . I heard , apparently a majority of fish tails were sold overseas . It's a real underrated players game and if you hear jackpot you know you've earnt it .

#20 4 years ago

Owned both twice.
As someone who just had hs2 and currently has fishtales it's night and day as far as I'm concerned. Hs2 is very linear with basically 2 shots. I was bored after one night of having it again. Fishtales has a tonne of depth as there's numerous scoring strategies/ways to attack the table. Plus there's a lot of humor in the callouts. Both have great lightshows.

#21 4 years ago

My vote goes to Fish Tales. (I own both)
When I play fish tales, I feel like I am strategically going in 10 different directions. I like the way you can score high many, many different ways.

#22 4 years ago

While Getaway is very linear there is nothing like getting the super jackpot callout. FT super jackpot is more challenging however is very rewarding as well. FT has one of the best video modes but HS2 is not that great. I'm not a fan of country music however the fish tales music never bothered me and I actually enjoy it since it fits the game.

I owned 5 Getaways and 3 Fish Tales and now they are both bolted to my floor since I'll never find ones in better condition. They are fun to play when I don't feel like having a marathon game and I have a LOTR for that.

#23 4 years ago

Both great games. I’ve had both in my collection.
I’d give the edge to FT. It has a little more going on that HS2 and the video mode is a lot more fun in FT than HS2. Both of which, you’ll see a lot.

#24 4 years ago

Owned and sold Getaway. Great pin but ends up being to shallow and easy. Video mode is also used way too much and super easy. If it had a few other modes it would be such a great pin. Multiball is so much fun with the callouts and spinning beacon light.

Currently own Fish Tales and love it. Game has tons of character and more to do than Getaway. It's also a lot more challenging. If you can pull off a superjackpot, it's a great feeling. Video mode is one of the best and you always have a chance to get EB. Best thing, you got a big flapping fish as a topper.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yes we love our fishing here. I have played Getaway lots of times its a great game but no where near as challenging as Fishtales. Its a complete package a players game. When you hit the start button it sounds humorous and fun but it will kick your ass. Ive owned it 8 years and still find it challenging.

#26 4 years ago

Both great playing machines, get both

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

No, I know a guy named Barry that doesn’t. I love mine and I hate fishing. Definitely FT over Getaway

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Poida:

No, I know a guy named Barry that doesn’t. I love mine and I hate fishing. Definitely FT over Getaway

Yeah Baza , we've heard about him down here , isn't he the guy that brought a Thunderbirds .

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Mark000:

Yes we love our fishing here. I have played Getaway lots of times its a great game but no where near as challenging as Fishtales. Its a complete package a players game. When you hit the start button it sounds humorous and fun but it will kick your ass. Ive owned it 8 years and still find it challenging.

One of my favorite games of all time, I only sold mine because it was to a buddy, and still play it a few times a month.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

One of my favorite games of all time, I only sold mine because it was to a buddy, and still play it a few times a month.

Ditto, the only reason Fish Tales left my collection was because it went to a friend that I see nearly every week.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

If only curiosity could get someone to perform an online search.
I'm gonna vote: 62% FT and HS2 38% -- but don't ask me where I'm gonna get the numbers from.
You get one emoji per failed search attempt.

-mof
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-vs-getaway
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fishtales-vs-getaway
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getaway-vs-fish-tales

You know what...who cares if the question has been asked before. The "drain" feature works just as well as the "search" feature the last time I checked.

Owned both....loved them both....but the one I am looking to put back into the collection is the Fish Tales. Don't know why....maybe it was because it was my first pin, but I really thought that game was a hoot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 72.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/compare-fish-tales-vs-getaway-high-speed-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.