(Topic ID: 227896)

Common pinball mods for any machine?

By Sembiance

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1300 (resized).JPG
    #1 5 years ago

Greetings!

I just bought my first ever Pinball machine!

I am excited about modding it and I see several game specific mods out there, but I was curious what the most popular "common" mods are for almost any machine.

The ones I have found so far that seem to be popular:
    * Anti-reflective glass (PDI/Invisglass/Stern HD)
    * Color DMD

I also got myself some Polyurethane leg leveler casters so the machine won't damage or leave marks on my hard wood floor.

What other mods are popular that can be done to almost any pinball machine?

Thanks!!

#2 5 years ago

Cliffy protectors on high wear areas.
    Mylar on high wear areas.

#3 5 years ago

I’m a big fan of shakers, mirror blades and speaker lights (all universal).

#4 5 years ago

Colordmd is a good choice.
    I love toppers, so much empty acreage up there.

By the way, Welcome to Pinside!

#5 5 years ago

It can really depend on the age of the game.

Pin gulp drink holders.
    Led lights
    Coloured rubber bands.

#6 5 years ago

To reduce heat and power consumption, LED bulbs are a popular choice now, with multiple shapes and sizes available to fit most areas. Go with the "warm white" color if you want to preserve the traditional color tones.

Edit: Ninja'd by 20 seconds!

#7 5 years ago

I assume you got yourself a Star Trek. Check out www.modfatherpinball.com Shop by game , lots of cool stuff for your game.

#8 5 years ago

Really cheap looking plastic figures stuck all over the place--no matter the consistency of size ratio or anything. Just stick them everywhere.

Also: Sliders under the legs if you have carpet.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

I assume you got yourself a Star Trek. Check out www.modfatherpinball.com Shop by game , lots of cool stuff for your game.

Aye! Got a brand new unopened Star Trek LE! I think I may be more excited to mod it than I am to play it

Thanks for the link, it's most appreciated!

#10 5 years ago

Pinstadium lights, pinblades and plating metal parts is also pretty common (maybe I've been listening to too much SDTM).

#11 5 years ago

I’ve got the colordmd on my stern Star Trek, looks so much better than the red dots. Definitely recommend that mod. Star Trek LE is a loaded pin, it will looks really nice with colordmd

#12 5 years ago

Thank you all very much for all the awesome tips on what general mods are common! I've got a bunch of leads now to go research and look into further. Thanks again!

#13 5 years ago

An external sub really helps the sound.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m a big fan of shakers, mirror blades and speaker lights (all universal).

I also frequently use Titan Silicone Rubbers, plastic protectors (I really like some of the new colored styles) and Bright Mods lighted flipper buttons.

#15 5 years ago

Titan rubbers, new balls, plastic protectors, cliffys, external sub, shaker. Those are almost always my first things. After that, its usually game dependent.

#16 5 years ago

Felt PinFoots for the wood floor.

IMG_1300 (resized).JPGIMG_1300 (resized).JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/common-pinball-mods-for-any-machine?hl=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.