(Topic ID: 92494)

Common Issues with Red and Ted's Road show?

By dbpbandit

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sjt1803
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

OK, so here's the issue I've been having with my RS. Hope you guys can help.

When making the right ramp shot, the ball is (not always but sometimes) supposed to get diverted so that it comes down the left side feeding the mini flipper for the blast zone shot. But what happens with mine is that the ball does not make it all the way around the back rather, it bounces off the center of the plastic at the fork, then rolls back down the wire form to the right flipper.
As a temporary fix and to avoid further damage to the plastic where the ball hits, I've enabled the diverter for all right ramp shots. This works ok, but I'd really like to solve this problem.
My initial thought was that the left flipper coil was not strong enough to send the ball all the way back and around, but I don't think that's the case as it's the correct sized coil and it seems pretty robust. Also, from what I can tell, the ramp is installed correctly--nothing seemingly missing or out of place.
I really don't know what is causing this. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or have any idea why might be causing it?

Thanks in advance.

-Boo

#52 7 years ago

I know on mine the spring on the diverter being weak caused issues like that, but it was when the diverter was closed to send the ball back up the wireform, the force from the ball cause the gate to open slightly and the ball lost all its momentum and bounced off the fork

#53 7 years ago

That makes sense, but seems it's not quite what's going on with my diverter issue.

8 months later
#54 6 years ago

Great thread all.

Red's eyes aren't centering, otherwise everything else is working. Is that a broken spring or something else? They stay left or right, and don't go back to center. Ted's fully functional.

1 week later
#55 6 years ago

Does anyone have any good theories about why my Road Show might cut in and out with its sound? It's not a volume or distortion issue. The sound will be off entirely for portions of a game and on, sounding perfect, for other portions of a game. Draining one ball and advancing to the next will often trigger the sound to blip back on, as will other solenoids firing to launch the ball back into play. It's got an updated sound ROM in it and the Pinball Pro speakers and sub. I'm stumped... Thanks!

#56 6 years ago

Sounds like something is loose, have you tried shaking the machine when it cuts out?

1 year later
#57 5 years ago

Red won't open her mouth to spit it out HELP. I rebuilt Red and Ted completely and they all seem to test ok, All work in normal game play. Mouth, eyes bulldozer etc. My problem is after multi ball and getting jackpot by hitting into Ted's mouth again, Red no longer opens her mouth. Test T19 will operate bulldozer but not mouth's but if i stop the test and repeat each mouth one at a time they work fine. If i am all mixed up on when RED opens her mouth, please help. When is she supposed to open her mouth?

Hitting Red's jaw does nothing during multi ball (after ted )

Any ideas would be appreciated. How do i test Red's mouth for only this function?

#58 5 years ago

Red doesn't open her mouth for jackpot, you only need to bash her. If its not tiggering a red jackpot when you shoot the ball (ahem) at her face, the eddy sensor in front of her isn't working.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Red doesn't open her mouth for jackpot, you only need to bash her. If its not tiggering a red jackpot when you shoot the ball (ahem) at her face, the eddy sensor in front of her isn't working.

Thanks for the reply When does she open her mouth ?

#60 5 years ago

You only can catch her when she is talking normally during the game and you get a lucky shot. It doesn't happen often.

#61 5 years ago

Eddy sensor tests out good. Display continues to say hit jaw after jackpot multi ball . Hummm

#62 5 years ago

So you put the ball in the area to trigger the sensor and it doesn't give you the jackpot?

1 year later
#63 3 years ago

You only can catch her when she is talking normally during the game and you get a lucky shot. It doesn't happen often.

If you are lucky and get a shot in there when she is talking, she spits it out and says "ewww... that tastes awful! Funniest line coded in the game!

3 weeks later
#64 3 years ago

Thought I'd post this here, in case another Roadshow owner finds their game doing something like the following.

The playfield lights started going on and off , including the backbox.
(First not the normal? melted connectors)

Eventually the lights stayed off

In test no lights in the lamp matrix could be turned on.

GI could be turned on to a value of #6 then would go off.

After testing everything, power supplies. fuses, and all connections. I decided to pull the Micro

I snapped it back into it's socket and presto, the game is fixed.

Do NOT attempt to remove the Micro without a puller designed to do that.

I read somewhere in a tech tips on WPC games that said Gen. Illumination is the only thing not controlled by the Micro.
Wrong!
The return side of the lamps is controlled by a Triac ct. which is controlled by, you guessed it the Micro!

This type of issue (erratic operation of features) may happen more often in the future as the games age.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/common-issues-with-red-and-teds-road-show/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.