(Topic ID: 219348)

Commissioning a video mod for GOTG. Can anyone do it?

By UrethraFranklin

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180616_213431 (resized).jpg
20180616_213438 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

So I love my GOTG and I made this mini Walkman to go on the gap by the left ramp. I have a bunch of Zunes lying around but they are useless. Microsoft stopped supporting the and you can't add stuff anymore. They are heavy, have a proprietary plug for charging. I loved em and now They are sitting around.

If I send my red one to somebody on here can somebody make it to where the movie plays on it and I can just wire it into the head? I doubt a raspberry pie will fit in it. And it wouldn't need sound but I'd like to put it on the gap by the right ramp. Who can do it. If you redo the guts so it could be lighter I don't care. I have to make the mounting bracket aluminum because it's heavier than a normal toy.

Anyone?

20180616_213431 (resized).jpg20180616_213431 (resized).jpg20180616_213438 (resized).jpg20180616_213438 (resized).jpg
#2 6 years ago

Wouldn't it be easier to simply buy a new set of ear buds and put them on your head while you play the game? Solves every wish you asked for in minutes and at minimal cost? Or do you want to see it under glass? I think Mezel makes a mod like that if you want the look.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wouldn't it be easier to simply buy a new set of ear buds and put them on your head while you play the game? Solves every wish you asked for in minutes and at minimal cost? Or do you want to see it under glass? I think Mezel makes a mod like that if you want the look.

I don't think I am understanding the question.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

So I love my GOTG and I made this mini Walkman to go on the gap by the left ramp. I have a bunch of Zunes lying around but they are useless. Microsoft stopped supporting the and you can't add stuff anymore. They are heavy, have a proprietary plug for charging. I loved em and now They are sitting around.
If I send my red one to somebody on here can somebody make it to where the movie plays on it and I can just wire it into the head? I doubt a raspberry pie will fit in it. And it wouldn't need sound but I'd like to put it on the gap by the right ramp. Who can do it. If you redo the guts so it could be lighter I don't care. I have to make the mounting bracket aluminum because it's heavier than a normal toy.
Anyone?

Reach out to sparky. He does micro display mods and might be able to get you screen to fit the zune

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

I don't think I am understanding the question.

Sorry I thought you wanted to simply hear the sound track while playing. My bad misunderstood the request.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Reach out to sparky. He does micro display mods and might be able to get you screen to fit the zune

Thanks I'll contact him now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
PinShades

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.