(Topic ID: 306871)

Commandos, a European pinball oddity... any more out there?

By Maaca-Sparky

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Jappie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

com 2 (resized).jpg
com 1 (resized).jpg
Com (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Hey guys,

Well, I found a Commandos pinball in the back area of a local operator's storage space years ago and I bought it out of curiosity. Seems like there is little to no data on this. I actually got the pin running. I intend to document it all, as it is seemingly rare as hell. I don't know of anyone else that owns one. Anyone else out there have one? I did save the game and sound roms. I will send those to IPDB soon.

Also, interesting fact, the backglass art is a direct copy of the movie poster from Escape rom the Bronx. LOL. And the cabinet was originally a Haunted House (I can hear the gasps lol).

The game is listed as being made by Europlay... but I suspect that it might be something else. The apron seems to be identical as on a Mythology. IPBD has a good description of the search of this manufacturer under the Mythology pin.

I can post more info on the game if there are some European pinball fanatics out there. Just thought I would see if there are more out there. I really didn't want this one to disappear by getting parted out.

Com (resized).jpgCom (resized).jpgcom 1 (resized).jpgcom 1 (resized).jpgcom 2 (resized).jpgcom 2 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Looks like they took Fast Draw and added extra space to the outides of the playfield to fit in a widebody cabinet. Odd indeed.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Maaca-Sparky:

Hey guys,
Well, I found a Commandos pinball in the back area of a local operator's storage space years ago and I bought it out of curiosity. Seems like there is little to no data on this. I actually got the pin running. I intend to document it all, as it is seemingly rare as hell. I don't know of anyone else that owns one. Anyone else out there have one? I did save the game and sound roms. I will send those to IPDB soon.
Also, interesting fact, the backglass art is a direct copy of the movie poster from Escape rom the Bronx. LOL. And the cabinet was originally a Haunted House (I can hear the gasps lol).
The game is listed as being made by Europlay... but I suspect that it might be something else. The apron seems to be identical as on a Mythology. IPBD has a good description of the search of this manufacturer under the Mythology pin.
I can post more info on the game if there are some European pinball fanatics out there. Just thought I would see if there are more out there. I really didn't want this one to disappear by getting parted out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That makes no sense. All that dead space!!! Those Euro-pin companies were wild.

#4 2 years ago

Fat chance... but anyone have schematics? LOL...

Well, I replaced all the fuse holders. The quest continues. I am creating my own fuse chart for the game, as none exist.

More soon.

#5 2 years ago

Well, it is all about going through GTB manuals and changing wire colors in the schematics. Of course the Italians didn't use the same wire colors. LOL

Well, after hours of tinkering, now all the coils (kinda) work except the flippers. The flipper switches are CRUSTY and I suspect a bad Q or T relay. Looks hacked. Right drop target bank reset is super weak. I suspect the transistor under the playfield.

So... almost done. I would just need to shop it after. Maybe change a few connectors that I know will go bad.

After that, make a Youtube video to document it for prosperity. A shame that pins disappear with time, with little to no trace of info on them.

1 year later
#6 11 months ago

Any updates on this? Curious to see the gameplay!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/commandos-a-european-pinball-oddity-any-more-out-there and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.