• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
galaga-pcb-switch-blocks (resized).jpg
IMG_0124 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

I purchased a COMMANDO arcade game from arcademarket.com about two years ago. I enjoy the game but it's VERY DIFFICULT to play.

Is there a way to set it to "easy" or something like that?

PS: I'm not a techie, so please respond as you would any layman, thank you!

IMG_0124 (resized).JPGIMG_0124 (resized).JPG

#2 5 years ago

https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/C/Commando%20pin%20%20DIP.pdf

This shows you what dip switch to turn off to set it to easy.

#3 5 years ago

I loved this game when it came out! Home version was so bad.

#4 5 years ago

I used to be able to crack a million on that game back in the day, I played it that much despite it being so buggy and glitchy, as most of the early Capcom games were. Being run over by half a jeep at the edge of the screen never failed to be hilarious.

#5 5 years ago

Lol, every arcade I ever get I think is too hard to play. No idea why this didn't bother me (us) as a kid!

#6 5 years ago

Thanks a bunch but I'm not a techie and know nothing about dip switches, etc... Can you explain like you're explaining to an infant?

#7 5 years ago

They look something like this.

galaga-pcb-switch-blocks (resized).jpggalaga-pcb-switch-blocks (resized).jpg
#8 5 years ago

The switches will be on the main circuit board inside the cabinet. Make sure it’s unplugged then open the back of the cabinet and find the main circuit board and look for the switches like the picture above. The manual shows 2 banks of them so find SWb and flip number 4 to off.
If you’re not sure then post a pic of them and I’ll tell you what to switch.

#9 5 years ago

And don’t touch anything around the back of the monitor, it will kill you even when unplugged.

#10 5 years ago

it’s labeled B by the Capcom sticker. Can’t miss it.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Cdemuro:

And don’t touch anything around the back of the monitor, it will kill you even when unplugged.

YIKES!! Seriously?! That's quite scary.

That said, THANK YOU for your other responses. Will open it up tomorrow and see what I can do....

#12 5 years ago

My favorite arcade ever. I think you should just sell it....to me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/commando-too-hard-to-play?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.