(Topic ID: 302552)

Now flipping in Wellington, New Zealand...

By PinballShoppe

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball art on the wall (resized).png
    Neon
    pasted_image34 (resized).png
    pasted_image43 (resized).png
    Glowing red P (resized).png
    20220610_205753 (resized).jpg
    20220610_205545 (resized).jpg
    20220610_205504 (resized).jpg
    Busy arcade with lights and mirror (resized).png
    Wall mirror being installed (resized).png
    View from the rear (resized).png
    View from the front (resized).png
    Arcade with track lights (resized).png
    More screens (resized).png
    Leia blur (resized).png
    Pins with screens (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 2 years ago

Looking forward to running many comps here.

rd

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballShoppe:

I'm looking forward to losing many games to you here

You’ll have home field advantage.

rd

2 weeks later
    #27 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrWol64:

This is a great thread to stumble upon,.. just as I plan to head back to NZ permanently next year. A few trips to see the Hurricanes play will now have the extra bonus of Pinball,.. looking fwd to seeing the lineup.

One of several good locations in Wellington - hosting the meets I was telling you about the other day.

Wellington is really the only place with good location pinball in the country, at the moment.

rd

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Just what I’ve been looking for!
    [quoted image]

That’s what we are all looking for.

rd

#33 2 years ago

What’s the square footage of the space?

rd

#36 2 years ago

107 sqm. Not sure what that is in feets.

1150sqft … give or take.

I don’t remember if you ever went to my old Pukekohe warehouse. That was 120sqm less the stairway - so probably around the same size as your space.

I had around 60 pins in there. Plus an air hockey table! Not much room for people though. Lol!

rd

#38 2 years ago

That'll be nice and crowded! I have about 600mm between each game, so they're well spaced out, with couches and tables at the end. If we needed more games for a big tournament we could maybe cram in 40 machines. It'll be a squeeze getting in and out tho.

Your lineup will be plenty enough for a very large tournament!

I have 100 people on 11-12 pins for World System 11 Champs.

Can’t wait to get down there and crank up a comp!

rd

1 month later
    #64 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrWol64:

Which then begs the question,.. who does restos on Pins of the Bride of Pinbot era in the NI

Depends what region. We can sort you out.

This is what’s happening at my place.

rd

3AF2F577-1125-40E6-9F75-D518C8CCFFB7 (resized).jpeg3AF2F577-1125-40E6-9F75-D518C8CCFFB7 (resized).jpeg
    #68 2 years ago

That looks incredible Dave! Have you clear coated the cabinet as well? Daammmm.

New decals on top of a fully rebuilt and resprayed cabinet. Original playfield restored and cleared. All done in house. (Except the yellow paint job, that’s done in a booth)

Whirlwind next up.

Nice to get back to the SYS11s, did 5-6 classic Ballys and Sterns in a row. Oh, did the Cirqus Voltaire last year - you might have seen that.

rd

6DFB85FB-6B42-44E5-ABAB-76272892E10E (resized).jpeg6DFB85FB-6B42-44E5-ABAB-76272892E10E (resized).jpeg9FADC38F-DD7A-40D8-BE5B-11F81FCB8C08 (resized).jpeg9FADC38F-DD7A-40D8-BE5B-11F81FCB8C08 (resized).jpegBD71395F-64E6-40A6-B4AC-C7BC82F53E7E (resized).jpegBD71395F-64E6-40A6-B4AC-C7BC82F53E7E (resized).jpeg
    #72 2 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

So cool to see all these games looking brand new! Do you have any more pics?

Don’t want to clutter up Hamo’s thread too much - but you can look at some of my previous threads and posts and you’ll see some.

rd

5 months later
    #89 1 year ago

Coming tomorrow, the piece of resistance.
    [quoted image]

I don’t think there’ll be much resistance in that sign. Should surrender easily enough.

rd

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coming-soon-to-wellington-new-zealand?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.