BC88F5D4-64DC-46C7-9D01-726F48847D4D (resized).jpeg
FA140D9F-246D-494D-8A8E-532B50D624A1 (resized).jpeg
62B5AD09-7E2F-4B0B-A46F-4A3C5B0B9A50 (resized).jpeg
7ECAB3C0-6B33-4AD9-AF9B-0FAFF36F0844 (resized).jpeg
20180916_091319 (resized).jpg
promo PM05 postcard set (resized).jpg
PM05 magazine (resized).jpg
PM05 cover (small) (resized).jpg
There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#56 5 years ago

LTG : )

#58 5 years ago

Sorry number already Spoken for....318

#59 5 years ago

I'll be at the UK PinFest this weekend in Daventry and will bring a preview copy in black and white print to show around. I printed a copy without page numbers not to spoil the contest

#60 5 years ago

wasn't there supposed to be a Python issue after he died? what ever happened to that?

#61 5 years ago

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

wasn't there supposed to be a Python issue after he died? what ever happened to that?

Yes, there was and there will be. The main cover stoy has already been transcribed and is 181 pages (text only). I've gotten halfway through doing edits and at that point the content became so negative that I lost all fun in going over it. As Python already died by then, and Wayne is still with us, I prioritized Wayne over Python so that Wayne could still see the magazine about him.

#65 5 years ago

310 pages (my odd number of pages amendment)

#66 5 years ago

290 ,my amended change

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I prioritized Wayne over Python so that Wayne could still see the magazine about him.

What a gift that is.

#68 5 years ago

#69 5 years ago

292 pages

#70 5 years ago

I stand by my guess of 420

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Yes, there was and there will be. The main cover stoy has already been transcribed and is 181 pages (text only).

Well that's a good hint...ok new guess 256 pages???

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Well that's a good hint...ok new guess 256 pages???

that wasn't a hint as it referred to the Python Anghelo cover story in a different issue.

#74 5 years ago

"100,000,000" pages hahaha.

Just kidding, I' going to go hog wild and say 502.

#75 5 years ago

Good thing you said its even number. Or else someone may have tried bidding a dollar

#76 5 years ago

End of the contest as the magazine is now available in the pinball-magazine webshop: www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/. It looks like we have a winner on Facebook: Scott Niven guessed the correct number of pages: 360! On Pinside no-one guessed the correct number of pages.

Pinball Magazine No. 5 can now be ordered in the Pinball Magazine webshop: www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/. Those in the U.S. may want to wait with ordering as the magazine will also become available on Amazon. This is likely to result in a lower price of magazine + shipping costs (as it is quite heavy and so are the postal costs from Europe )

#77 5 years ago

I was SOOO Close, and First to Guess a number-352.
No worries, really didn't want a Freebee. Would rather support Pinball Magazine!!

#78 5 years ago

BOOM!!!
PM05 magazine (resized).jpgPM05 magazine (resized).jpg
Today, the printed copies of Pinball Magazine No. 5 came in I'm really happy how this issue turned out in print. The magazine can now be ordered in the Pinball Magazine webshop: www.pinball-magazine.com. I will also make a listing in the Pinside shop (as soon as weight-based shipping, or multiple postal rates are supported).

Important note for those in the U.S.: As overseas shipping costs are as heavy as the magazine, I'm in the process of signing up as a seller on Amazon.com. That should result in a higher priced magazine on Amazon (due to having to ship magazines in bulk to the U.S. and all fees Amazon will be applying), but the shipping is likely to be a lot cheaper. Chances are you'll save money by ordering on Amazon. However, as Amazon is taking their time handling and approving my application, it may take a week or two (hopefully less) before the magazine will be listed. Previous issues of Pinball Magazine will also be listed on Amazon, and ship in the same bulk shipment. So issues 1, 3, 4, 5 and Santiago Ciuffo's Pinball book will all be available on Amazon soon.

#79 5 years ago

Content listing of Pinball Magazine No. 5:

With 360 glossy full-color pages our biggest issue ever (it’s definitely more like a book...)

- 2 Specials: the most in-depth interview ever with living pinball legend Wayne Neyens and an article by Gordon Hasse on Wayne Neyens career in pinball. Wayne recently celebrated his 100th birthday. He started in the pinball industry in 1937 at Western and started working at Gottlieb in 1939. In 1947 he started designing his first game and since then designed 180 games in total of which 159 made it into production. Each and every one of these, as well as several prototypes, are featured in the magazine. Former colleagues and pinball collectors also comment on working with Wayne, Gottlieb’s transition from EM to solid-state games, what makes Wayne’s games so special and more.
- Scott Danesi discusses how he designed Spooky Pinball’s best-selling hit game Total Nuclear Annihilation. Besides designing the game, Scott also programmed all the rules, light shows and other code, and he produced all of the great music featured in the game.
- Essential Website: Jack Danger discusses streaming pinball on his Dead_Flip channel.
- Private Collection: Randy Peck’s incredible Nu-Pike Arcade.
- Shop: Steve Young (The Pinball Resource) discusses his business and storing the Gottlieb archive.
- (P)in Business: Doug Skor talks about Churchill Cabinets and Chicago Gaming.
- (P)in Business: Gary Stern discusses Stern Pinball’s current business model, taking more time off, and more.
- Pinball Personalities: Antoinette Johnson.
- Upgrade: Michael Pupo (Flipper Fidelity) discusses upgrading the speakers in you pinball machine.
- Museum: Terra Technica in Czech Republic.
- and much more

Shop: www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/ or soon on Amazon.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Content listing of Pinball Magazine No. 5:
With 360 glossy full-color pages our biggest issue ever (it’s definitely more like a book...)
- 2 Specials: the most in-depth interview ever with living pinball legend Wayne Neyens and an article by Gordon Hasse on Wayne Neyens career in pinball. Wayne recently celebrated his 100th birthday. He started in the pinball industry in 1937 at Western and started working at Gottlieb in 1939. In 1947 he started designing his first game and since then designed 180 games in total of which 159 made it into production. Each and every one of these, as well as several prototypes, are featured in the magazine. Former colleagues and pinball collectors also comment on working with Wayne, Gottlieb’s transition from EM to solid-state games, what makes Wayne’s games so special and more.
- Scott Danesi discusses how he designed Spooky Pinball’s best-selling hit game Total Nuclear Annihilation. Besides designing the game, Scott also programmed all the rules, light shows and other code, and he produced all of the great music featured in the game.
- Essential Website: Jack Danger discusses streaming pinball on his Dead_Flip channel.
- Private Collection: Randy Peck’s incredible Nu-Pike Arcade.
- Shop: Steve Young (The Pinball Resource) discusses his business and storing the Gottlieb archive.
- (P)in Business: Doug Skor talks about Churchill Cabinets and Chicago Gaming.
- (P)in Business: Gary Stern discusses Stern Pinball’s current business model, taking more time off, and more.
- Pinball Personalities: Antoinette Johnson.
- Upgrade: Michael Pupo (Flipper Fidelity) discusses upgrading the speakers in you pinball machine.
- Museum: Terra Technica in Czech Republic.
- and much more
Shop: www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/ or soon on Amazon.

Just ordered our copy of issue 5! Can't wait to get my hands on it. I think this is the only mag i actually read cover to cover - it is so hard to put down, that I know I will probably miss my train stop on the way to work.

#81 5 years ago

Is there any extras (I.e. posters or cards etc) that I would miss out on if I wait for the Amazon purchase?
I remembered certain extras deals on limited first runs previously (like postcards I believe).

Absolutely LOVE those extras and don't want to miss out on any!

#82 5 years ago

Ordered. I’ve read all the previous issues from cover to cover and I’m sure this one will be no different. Well worth the money, even if the shipping to AUS costs almost as much as the magazine (book) itself!

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Is there any extras (I.e. posters or cards etc) that I would miss out on if I wait for the Amazon purchase?
I remembered certain extras deals on limited first runs previously (like postcards I believe).
Absolutely LOVE those extras and don't want to miss out on any!

Thanks for bringing this up. No extras at the moment. I have been so busy with everything that I've been putting off to finish the magazine, that I didn't think about doing any special extras. Actually, that's not entirely true, as I thought months ago about whether it would be cool to do a set of postcards of Gottlieb factory game photos. Several of these official photos have been used in the magazine already. In the case of Wayne, these are all in black/white. I wasn't sure that would be such a great extra.

Now that you brought this up, I just figured it would have been nice to do a few postcards of Wayne Neyens games photographed by Santiago Ciuffo since he already took such photos. The problem now is that the first copies shipping to Amazon are already boxed up, so it would not be in there. I was planning to ship the first batch of PM webshop orders to customers September 4th, but if I would have to include such a set of postcards, that would delay that shipment for 9 days. Not sure if that's desirable.

On a side note: as 360 pages are the maximum my printer can include in a magazine, I had to leave out an interview with pinball designer John Osborne. In the interview, he discusses working with Wayne at Gottlieb and Gottlieb's transition from EM to SS games. That interview will become available as a free download on the Pinball Magazine website, but is not an exclusive incentive limited to the first few hundred that place an order.

#84 5 years ago

Thank you for the detailed response!
Believe me!, I will not be disappointed with only receiving such an incredible magazine!

I just wanted to double check because it is all SO good.

The Gottlieb postcards/autographs sound like a neat idea! Maybe, since it is a little hard at this point, they are something that will come available in the near future or part of some other smaller issue/sub-issue or something

Can't wait to see issue 5!
Thank you (and Santiago!!) For all the wonderful work!

#85 5 years ago

When will it be available on Amazon?....I see it listed....

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

When will it be available on Amazon?....I see it listed....

I'm surprised to see it listed already as inventory yet has to ship. I was expecting it to be available within a week or two.

Speaking of Amazon: anyone want to share their opinion on how they package stuff?

#87 5 years ago

Just ordered two copies. As noted on his site original shipping quote will be lowered (in most cases) when you put your actual address in (USA customers). Couldn't wait an extra two weeks to save a few dollars.

#88 5 years ago

Just ordered with a king kong poster -----> direction France.
Thanks for your great work Jonathan ^^

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Speaking of Amazon: anyone want to share their opinion on how they package stuff?

For magazines or books, they usually pace the book between two stiff pieces of cardboard and pack it in a mailer which fits the book (Or cardboard). The mailer is pretty thick, and has a tab that you pull to open the package at one end, then you can slide the book out. If it's in a box, they will pad the box with those air packets, or bubble wrap so the items inside won't slide around.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

It will probably be shipped in a padded envelope. They generally package their stuff very well.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It will probably be shipped in a padded envelope. They generally package their stuff very well.

I've personally seen horrible careless packaging by amazon on MANY items. Very typical to toss an item in bottom of unpadded box then put in a couple air pillows on top and tape shut.

I've only ordered a few books from them, so not too familiar with how they typically package tbose. Last order was 2 soft cover books. They were put loose into a regular top flap type. Brown box with like 1 air pillow. No wrapping or bubbled or anything; just sliding around loose in a box.

Just my experiences...

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

They're pretty good at packaging. Might be a great way to go as with Amazon you might be able to get the shipping rates down. Currently I am looking at shipping $27 USD for the $29 USD Magazine #5, per your website

#93 5 years ago

Deleted

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

They're pretty good at packaging. Might be a great way to go as with Amazon you might be able to get the shipping rates down. Currently I am looking at shipping $27 USD for the $29 USD Magazine #5, per your website

When I ordered my two the single issue shipping rate to Allentown PA area would have only been $18.

#95 5 years ago

Please let me know if I can get one from you in Vancouver and I'll do that. Please hold one.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I've bought tons of books from them, and I've never received one I thought was damaged in transit.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from jsf24:

When I ordered my two the single issue shipping rate to Allentown PA area would have only been $18.

Thanks for posting as I guess the site automatically populates a rate and then once you fill out the form it recalculates the rate. It wound up being $18.88 to ship to Western PA.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Usually their packing is excellent. Mostly overpacked! I deal with them all the time as they handle my books.

#99 5 years ago

I really wonder if I've been having bad luck with a specific distribution center by me or something...

Honestly glad to hear others say they haven't had problems.

#100 5 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback on Amazon shipping.

Quoted from meSz:

By default the webshop indicated the Rest of the World postal rate. Once you enter your country in the address fields the applicable rate for your country will be shown, which for issue 5 is something like $18. It's a 3 lbs magazine . . .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

1,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alameda, CA
1,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alameda, CA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 2,495.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coming-soon-pinball-magazine-no-5/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.