20140523_232755.jpg
20140523_232502.jpg
20140523_232516.jpg
20140523_232419.jpg
AFTER -Banzai Run 3-873.jpg
AFTER -Banzai Run 3-235.jpg
BEFORE -Banzai Run 2.jpg
20140514_231433 (1).jpg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

He's joking. $9,000 is a serious price to you?

Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Start your own thread. Trolling for a sale in someone else's thread is not OK.

I think people are getting confused because he shopped it and is calling it a restore. People on Pinside need to learn what restore, collector quality, mint, and other descriptors mean.

Quoted from donjagra:

For people who actually research prices instead of making up stupid shiz on pinside….

#52 9 years ago

One changed hands at Allentown on a $3800 asking price..not idea what it sold for

Quoted from policano:

One just sold here in Minnesota in really great shape for under 4k. It sat for awhile before it sold. Cool game, just not a 5k plus game.

I made this suggest years ago in the Market place. I was selling a game that was freshly shopped..but definitely not restored. My only option to list it under was 'shopped\restored.' They need to split these options up as they mean totally different conditions

Quoted from jalpert:

I think people are getting confused because he shopped it and is calling it a restore. People on Pinside need to learn what restore, collector quality, mint, and other descriptors mean.

#53 9 years ago

im guessing it was a tongue in cheek comment if not

#54 9 years ago

this

#55 9 years ago

This thread is as bad or worse then a guy saying blurry pictures are shitty .

#56 9 years ago

Pretty sure it was sarcasm.

#57 9 years ago

I forgot to add the emoticon thingys that you let you know I'm joking. I was not serious about the price nor about selling my Banzai. I like it, it's different and unique and I know if I ever let this one go, I may never see another one and certainly not for the price I paid for this one.

My apologies to the OP as I did not mean to crap in his for sale thread. I hope that by bagging up my own crap and taking it with me that we're all good now.

Dave

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

One thing I don't understand was why the Mylar wasn't removed. A few air bubbles are one thing but from the looks of this picture there is a huge ripple in the mylar that runs across the entire middle of the pf that looks like it will affect game play

I assumed that was a reflection of the ramp, or whatever, just above it.

#59 9 years ago

Hello Everyone-First of all I do have a sense of humor and I did laugh at several comments as they were very true and funny. However it was never my intention to mis-represent this machine or try to claim something it is not. If you read through some of my comments I hope you can see that. I greatly acknowledge the defects in the playfield and did not try to hide them in the pictures. It is not a true restored collector quality playfield and my apologies if that was how it appeared to be represented. My capabilities to restore a playfield including removing mylar, clearing, and touching up are no where near some of the amazing abilities and talents that I have seen posted by others on this site. I love pinball machines as much as all of us here and because of that did not want to attempt anything that could damage the playfield further when I am not qualified to do to fix it. I wanted to give the next owner the option to either have it fixed by their choice of restoration artists or enjoy it as is.

I know price can be a touchy subject especially over the past few years as we have all seen prices rise and makes it frustrating to obtain machines in good condition at a good price. I do offer my sincerest apologies if I added to the pinflation or frustration that obviously came out in this thread. I have LOVED being on pinside and have made great friends both online and in person through this forum. I have been helped many times by so many of you when I need help fixing a machine or have any questions. It is a great place. I do appreciate the nice comments and feedback and I actually am glad at many of the critique as many have valid points. I never like it when things become negative on any topic because it does take away from all of the great topic/humor/fixes/modes that we all benefit from. But that is life and I am grateful for each day of it and for being a part of this community.

As a response to the price I will be as gracious as I can and with the permission of the owner will change the price to make an offer and all will be considered. If you are in the market and would like further details or pictures feel free to PM me. This is a GREAT HOBBY and has the BEST people!

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I forgot to add the emoticon thingys that you let you know I'm joking. I was not serious about the price nor about selling my Banzai. I like it, it's different and unique and I know if I ever let this one go, I may never see another one and certainly not for the price I paid for this one.
My apologies to the OP as I did not mean to crap in his for sale thread. I hope that by bagging up my own crap and taking it with me that we're all good now.
Dave

Cool, my mistake for misinterpreting. Thanks for clarifying.

1 week later
#61 9 years ago

Squeakman said:

Not to mention the considerable wear around all three pops. I have seen at least 2 Banzais on this coast in collector quality condition go for under 5k recently.

patrickvc replied:
Really? Point me in that direction.

Quoted from donjagra:

For people who actually research prices instead of making up stupid shiz on pinside….
Banzai Run:
Price average $2,430
Min $860
Max $4,995
Ave without max and min $2,389
count of sales 26
YTD Average $4,163
YTD count 2
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-banzai-run-1

There was one in supposedly CQ condition up on the Orange County (CA.) CL for a couple months. Seller claimed these go for $8K, but (after some time with no serious nibbles) "lowered" the asking price to either $6K or $6,500 -- I don't recall now. Just f.y.i., with a possibly coastal comparison. Of course, you always need to take CL or eBay into account, when evaluating such prices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1,490.00
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coming-soon-for-sale-beautiful-condition-banzai-run-just-restored/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.