(Topic ID: 303350)

Pinball Wire and Harnesses from Wire-Bot!

By rockwell

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5742 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20240210_202202181 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0873 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0872 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0871 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0869 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0870 (resized).jpeg
    DSCF2804 (resized).JPG
    DSCF2800 (resized).JPG
    DSCF2784 (resized).JPG
    1524E870-1EAC-460C-B2DE-B1D14506BAAD (resized).jpeg
    Yay (resized).png
    Gross (resized).png
    352088852_608258064615112_7527527326075153284_n (resized).jpg
    352331083_633070272037490_4557601551130992481_n (resized).jpg
    Wire (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockwell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I run a small cable business, and we can get decent prices on hookup wire like the style used in pinball machines, so we're going to start building an inventory of solid and striped wire colors common to many pinball machines. The goal is to make the wire available online in small quantities at an affordable price, with fast, low-cost shipping. We'd also have common connectors and pins/crimps available. Bulk would also be available.

I'm putting together our next order from the manufacturer as we speak! We'll have all the solid colors available in 18AWG and 22AWG arriving first, with other sizes to come if requested. The striped styles will come afterwards, as they take a little longer.

Is there anything wire/crimp/connector-related that anyone is particularly looking for, or has a hard time tracking down? Maybe that will help us plan what comes first. I'd appreciate any input!

Thanks in advance! Holler anytime with requests, questions, insults.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Not hard to track down, but if you're able to stock some common 0.100 and 0.156" connector pins and housings too so that we can grab them with the wires that'd be super handy.
    From a homebrew builder's perspective, for the striped wire, it'd be nice to have stuff that follows a pattern, eg: sell a white wire with 8 different stripe color options, or sell 8 different color wires with the same color stripe on them so it's easy to group them together (like how williams uses yellow base with different stripes for all their lamp columns).
    Good luck! It'd be great to be able to source some of this stuff reliably from a single place as right now I'm ordering random solid colors off ebay and then hand-striping them...

Yeah, I think we are on the same page! We will definitely have the appropriate pins/crimps/sockets/plugs/receptacles/housings that are needed for common pinball wiring (0.1 and 0.156 as you mentioned, for example). Being able to get everything one would need for a pinball wiring project or repair in one place would be our goal.

And yes, we will be ramping up to have all the color/stripe combinations possible. Our initial list is the standard Black, Blue, Brown, Gray, Green, Orange, Red, Violet, and Yellow solid colors, followed by striped versions of each (each in the base color with stripes of every other color). In the end, that would be 9 solid colors and 72 different striped colors (per wire gauge)!

We will also be getting them striped in the older "ring" style, and not the spiral striping that most manufacturers do today. Not that it matters, but I just prefer that look, and that it matches my older machines when I make repairs

#4 2 years ago

We'd plan to offer kits as well...so, like all the appropriate wires you need to make a new Bally coin door wire harness (for example), and the connectors/bits with it as well, if needed.

#13 2 years ago

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I will keep the thread updated as I start to get wire in the shop and when the storefront goes live.

Other suggestions always welcome!

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from SOBMAN:

I’m also interested in some wire for Williams system 11

Cool. Any particular colors/sizes/use-cases you're after?

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Following! Awesome to see a local support the hobby! I've been using the generic primary wire you can get at HD or Menards. It'll be nice to have a source of wires that potentially could match factory colors.

Nice one! We have a shop downtown so you could even pick up if you wanted to save a few bucks

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Nice! What shop and where are you located? Might stop by just to shoot the shit and talk pinball.

Sure thing, anytime. I will DM you the details.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Are you planning on doing wire harnesses?

Yeah, for sure. We'll add things in stages. Build up a wire/parts inventory as we go, and pre-built harnesses as we go as well. In early days, we'd probably just offer harnesses on demand...as in, let us know exactly what you are looking for and we'll do what we can to get it made for you. Once made, we can add it to the store as a pre-built.

Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

If so, he needs to start with Gottlieb interconnect harnesses. They go for over $100 these days for about 3ft of wire, a plastic housing, and 40 or so crimps. He'd make a killing. If he can find the housings.

I'll look into that. I'm not familiar with what kind of connectors those are, but I imagine there is something serviceable that exists. If anyone has an image of the plug, I'd love to see. (Or just get me a specific game and I can try and dig up the info).

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

https://www.bostonpinballcompany.com/system1cable.htm
    I can mail you a spare one from my parts stash if you want to see it in person to make them for sale. I had no idea these were getting hard to come by now.
    Also, a little more info on the harness-
    https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_1#The_CPU_.2F_Driver_Board_Interconnect_Harness

Thanks for the info. I will drop you a message, I would love to get a closer look.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

As someone asked earlier, is it possible to get cloth covered wire?

Options for cloth or braided high-temp wire definitely exist. I would love to be able to offer that as well, and I have it on my "Phase 2" list for sure.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from DoCPooF:

Excellent. This would also work great for arcade control panels. It's always a hit and miss looking for quality braided copper wire.
    Following!

Yeah, for sure. I'm less familiar with arcade controls, but I imagine there is significant crossover. Please do let me know if there is anything in particular that is a common need for you. Thanks!

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

WPC harnesses, 89-99. That would be epic. I’d buy these for my TZ, IJ, JD, and DM!
    Ideas on when the store would be ready? Hell, I’ll buy colors, size combos of gauges just to have factory spools in my garage. Tired of all the brittle hack-fests I’ve encountered over the years.

We're working on it, but not sure when the store will open just yet. I already have a PO in to our wire manufacturer, and should hear back on their delivery timeline any day now. We'll probably wait until our first order of wire arrives to open it up. I will keep this channel posted on timing.

Quoted from drscottsmith:

It would be nice to have a source for the bare power wire under the PF and on the light boards in em and ss machines. Just tinned copper wire braid but would be nice to order alongside the jacketed stuff.
    There used to be a source but I believe they closed up shop fairly recently.

For sure! We will have the flat ground strap and bare ground wire available. I have included that on my above-mentioned PO

1 week later
    #42 2 years ago

//// * UPDATE 11/11/2021 * ////

It looks like our first batch of wire will be arriving to us sometime near the end of the month. Exciting! In the meantime, we will continue to build out the storefront and get everything ready.

Our manufacturer will apparently have trouble doing the ring (or banded) style of striping that you see in a lot of old Bally and Williams etc. games, so we'll be proceeding with the "spiral" type of striping that we're all used to. I'm still going to hunt for someone who can do the banded style, but could take more time that I thought so we'll work on that while other stuff stocks first.

Our first batch of wire will include all solid colors in 18 and 22 AWG, as well as the full spectrum of striped 22 AWG colors.

Here's a short list of some of the other items we'll have right away:
    - 18 AWG bare bus wire
    - 1/4" flat braided ground strap
    - Ratcheting crimper tool
    - Plastic loop clamps (variety of sizes)
    - 0.100" and 0.156" crimp terminals and housings (as many sizes as we can source)
    - 0.62" crimp pins/sockets and receptacle/plug housings (as many sizes as we can source)
    - #8 ring crimp terminals
    - 0.25" quick disconnect female/receptacle terminals
    - 3/32", 1/8", 1/4" heat shrink (for wire repairs, etc.)
    - 4" zip ties (white and black)
    - Possibly a few simpler, pre-made harnesses as we can

Items we aim to add over time:
    - Full spectrum of 18 AWG striped wires
    - 16AWG wires (limited variety of colors)
    - Double-striped wire colors for Gottleib needs?
    - Custom harnesses
    - Let us know!

We'll definitely look to the community to point out what wiring needs exist that we could help with, so don't be shy! We'll definitely do our best to add items as we can (and as our budget allows).

More updates to come! Thanks again.

#44 2 years ago

Talk to Steve Young about the GTB wires.
    A: To make sure he's OK with it.
    B: To see if maybe he'd want to be a bulk buyer.
    My understanding is that GTB bought truckloads of blank white wire and ran it through a house-built wire striping machine to make whatever colors they needed. This eliminated warehousing (no need to store hundreds of colors) and they could just make whatever color they needed for the run they were producing.
    Being that it was a house-built machine, they may have a patent on it, and therefore Steve would be the holder said patent.
    Better to ask him than to be served with a cease and desist letter from his attorneys.

Hmm, interesting. That was always my assumption with the GTB wires...buying white in bulk and striping being an efficiency/cost-saving move.

They may have a patent on a machine, but striping wires in two colors is not a patented thing. Many manufacturers make it.

Still would be worth contacting Steve, if only to try and learn more about the GTB wire product itself.

4 weeks later
    #48 2 years ago

We've been quiet, but busy. Things we've ordered are finally arriving so we're getting close! The main hold-up is the wire we ordered. Manufacturer delayed our order a bit, and it is now scheduled to ship out to us sometime next week.

I'm hopeful we'll have a first shipment in hand sometime the week after but with the holidays, we'll see.

In the meantime, I will work on opening up the store for some "beta" sales if anyone is in need of whatever crimps/contacts/housings/etc. we've already received. Should be able to have something up this weekend sometime, or early next week. Will make a note here with a link when it's ready.

Seems a little silly to open the "wire store" storefront without any wire, but hey. It's 2021, all bets are off!

Thanks again for hanging in there and keeping an eye on the thread.

some-156-housings (resized).jpgsome-156-housings (resized).jpg

#49 2 years ago

While we wait for our wire and other products to arrive, I'd love some help beta-testing the storefront!

If anyone is willing to take a couple of minutes to drop a couple of items in your cart and check out, I'll give you a $5 coupon. Hopefully you can find some random loose bits you can use

(I capped the coupon uses at 5, so after 5 people use it the coupon will expire)

We've got a few crimp connectors, some cable clamps and zip-ties, and a few other things. The site is still a work in progress (a few images missing, etc.), but everything is up and running so it'd be great to get some feedback. Here's how:

1. Go to www.wirebot.xyz
    2. Use the password "lolowy" to enter the site
    3. Use the code "BETABUDDY" in the checkout!

That'll get you $5 towards the order.

Let me know how it goes for you! Anything ordered today ships out tomorrow. I really appreciate it. Thanks!

#53 2 years ago

Nice one, thanks Bryan. Package will be on its way tomorrow. You should get email updates as it ships, please let me know if not.

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from MOSFET:

I don't see anywhere to enter a coupon code. On Firefox on Linux, checking out with ShopPay.
    Checking out as guest also has no coupon code area (at least that I can find).

It is hiding down here. If you click this it will give you a space to drop the coupon code in:

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from MOSFET:

Weird. It's not showing up for me.
    [quoted image]
    Edit: I'm also happy to wait until I make a bigger order when wire arrives.
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e865a1dc85c7271e80a1af477121337dc94035bd-1639338732-1800"};
    //]]>

Huh, weird. I'll look at it, maybe I missed a setting someplace.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from MOSFET:

Weird. It's not showing up for me.
    [quoted image]
    Edit: I'm also happy to wait until I make a bigger order when wire arrives.

Quoted from Tophervette:

Yes, I also just tried now after registering, confirming email address, adding plastic loops and some .156 pins. Got to checkout, saw my summary on the right hand side, but no discount code box. I thought maybe it showed up later and went to complete order and it took me to my selected Paypal screen.
    I will be ordering wire too once it comes available. I had previously ordered a 10 wire spool kit from Amazon (BNTECHGO) in solid colors, 30 feet each 22 GA. I have tried marking/striping the wires with colored markers and even small bottles of testors paints. Trying to be creative with tools on hand. LOL.

Hmm, weird. Looks like maybe you were trying to check out as a guest? I tried that as well, and the coupon code box was over on the right. I didn't see it in MOSFET 's screengrab, but here's how mine looked:

test-2 (resized).JPGtest-2 (resized).JPG

Let me know. Other folks have used it successfully at this point.

Looking at it again, my guess is maybe you went past it. Follow the breadcrumbs back to the "information" step and maybe it'll be there?

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I was able to figure it out. The discount code does not show up if you register and go shopping at the same time. You have to log out and log back in to see the code box.
    Update: Well it seemed to work with 1 item and 10 ordered and I could see the Discount code applied. But when I added 5 items and went to check out $7.32, the code was not there and discount was not applied when I went into Paypal. So I backed out again.

Sorry for any confusion. If you want, drop me a DM with what was in your order and I can try to place the same order and see if I have any issues with it.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

Hm, BitDefender marks the website as untrusted for some reason, and it i have to confirm every single page I'm browsing to. Odd.

Odd. The site is secure, nothing to fear. There is a valid SSL up on the site and it should not cause any security concerns. My guess is the fact that the site is gated with a password at the moment is causing BitDefender confusion.

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pintopia:

Link to your storefront?

A few details about the site and info on how to help beta test it are here ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comin-soon-pinball-wire-#post-6651907

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I was able to figure it out. The discount code does not show up if you register and go shopping at the same time. You have to log out and log back in to see the code box.
    Update: Well it seemed to work with 1 item and 10 ordered and I could see the Discount code applied. But when I added 5 items and went to check out $7.32, the code was not there and discount was not applied when I went into Paypal. So I backed out again.

OK, issue identified.

We have automatic discounts that apply on volume orders (discounted pricing kicks in as the quantities go up), which is conflicting with the manual coupon code entry. The platform only allows one discount to apply per order, so with the volume discount applied...it disables the manual coupon code entry box.

We will work on getting this fixed, because we will want to make sure we can still enter coupon codes when volume discounts apply.

In the meantime...as long as you don't add quantities that qualify for automatic volume pricing, you should still be seeing the coupon code box in checkout.

Thanks again for taking the time to send the feedback!

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from KJS:

Looks great from here in Australia
    Wanting to order crimp tool and wire asap when wore is available

Oh, excellent, thanks for letting me know. Happy to ship to you in Australia

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I received my product. No issues whatsoever.
    Would definitely buy again!

Awesome, glad to hear!

I will keep this channel updated when the full site is live and we have our first wave of wire stock. Shouldn't be long now! Holler in the meantime if you have any questions.

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Order placed. Thank you for affordable shipping!

Sure thing, thanks for the order! It'll ship out tomorrow.

I was actually just in Cincinnati this weekend, and we were briefly able to stop in and flip a few games at the Pinball Garage. Seemed like a cool little spot!

#79 2 years ago

To clarify, greatwichjohn reached out to me and we are discussing the possibilities of working together on some harnesses. Nothing is confirmed yet, and if/when we have any harnesses ready for sale, I will announce their availability here

As an additional update, we have one batch of wire that has shipped from our manufacturer, and another shipping today. Once it all arrives, we'll get them posted in the store and make the site live. I expect that will happen at some point around New Year's weekend.

We will make sure to post a link here once it is up. Thanks again, happy holidays, and talk soon!

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

Finally got around to write down all the housings that I need and put the order in.
    Thank you so much for keeping the shipping costs low!
    I'm excited to see what will be next in stock, happy holidays!

Nice one, thanks for helping test out the site. We'll have this out the door for you today Cheers, and happy new year!

Yes, I'm sure there are several people out there who make cables/harnesses.

#85 2 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I am excited for Wire-Bot and all they are bringing to the community. My post was more of an observation, not any specific type of commentary.

Of course, no worries. We're here to help, so if there's something useful we can provide please let us know.

Quoted from j_m_:

I can get you the color codes of wire used in arcade harnesses if you'd like. some of the gottlieb games like q*bert and reactor used up to 4 colored stripes on white wire.
    if you can produce [x] number of feet of wire on demand with a particular color stripe pattern, that would be incredible

We aren't a manufacturer, so we wouldn't be producing custom wire on demand, but we do hope to stock up and be able to offer a wide variety of wire options in our inventory. We will rely on the community's help to help us determine what new styles of wire we could add to our shopping list, and as long as we can source it we will do our best to get it in stock.

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Just to follow up, I got my order and no issues at all. Thank you for your service. This is so lacking these days when harness/wire/pins items are needed and we no longer have places like Radio Shack and the local mom and pops electronics stores!

Thanks for the update, glad everything arrived safe and sound. As always, if you find you have a need for anything in particular, please reach out and let me know. Happy to help out as best I can!

#89 2 years ago

I'm happy to say that we've officially opened our website and are accepting new orders:

https://wirebot.xyz

Our inventory will become more robust over time, but we've started by gathering a relatively wide but shallow inventory of basic wire and associated wire bits to get us going. We will be re-stocking in larger volume as orders come in and as we start to see which items are in higher demand. So if you are looking for something that is out of stock, don't worry! It'll be back soon. And new batches of wire and parts are already on the way, which we will add to the site as they arrive.

If you are looking to place a high-volume order for wire/parts, please feel free to reach out to me anytime. I can get you a cost and timeline estimate.

And to that end, we will be relying on our customers and the pinball community to help us identify new items that would be valuable to add to our store. So if you have ideas on new items that you'd like to see stocked, please let us know! We can add it to Wire-Bot's shopping list.

Please check out the new site and let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks and (almost) happy new year!

#91 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Just ordered some stuff to support/test your need site. Everything went easy peasy smooth

Excellent! You should see that ship out on Monday. Thanks for the order.

#92 2 years ago

Items slowly rolling in. Added .093" pins/sockets today.

https://wirebot.xyz/collections/0-093-2-36mm

Reminder: We place regular re-orders for wire, so if you need a larger/bulk amount of something on the site let me know and I can get you pricing. Happy 2022!

#94 2 years ago

I may have missed it, but how is the wire packaged? Is it on a reel, or just a neatly bundled coil of wire?

Smaller lengths come in a neat loop. If you needed a larger bulk order, it'd probably be spool. But feel free to reach out anytime if you wanted something specific. We should be able to accommodate

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from MRudowsky:

rockwell, am I missing something with the discount here? If I buy 300 @ .10 that’s $30. And I’ll get $50 off?
    [quoted image]

Thanks for the heads up. Should be all better now. It was showing the default "bulk pricing" table, which doesn't actually work. Here's how it should look now:

clip (resized).JPGclip (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #97 2 years ago

New orders will get one of these sweet new stickers! They're holographic, maaaan.

get-zapped (resized).jpgget-zapped (resized).jpg

https://wirebot.xyz/

#98 2 years ago

Some more housings have started to trickle in. This week we received some .093" Molex connector housings, so those have been added to the store:

https://wirebot.xyz/collections/0-093-2-36mm

Holler with questions anytime. Thanks!

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

That’s a welcome addition. When do expect to have .093 (18-22g) pins in stock?

They are on order, but were delayed coming from the east coast. Current estimated delivery date is Monday. So I expect them to arrive late this week or first thing next week. As soon as they do we'll get them up in the shop.

I hope they arrive soon! I need some for my own project

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

This is great timing for a project I am starting...I was just looking for wire today and placed a 1000' order. Thank you for filling a needed niche!

Thanks for the order, Jody! You'll see these ship out this afternoon.

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Any possibility to make WPC harnesses? I've been itching to build a game from scratch and the harness is the hardest part to find.

We're game to build any harness, but we'll need an original to build from if we want it fully plug-and-play. Alternatively, we could start in the backbox and fit the required connector housings with the appropriate color wires and just cut them to a pre-determined length, and you could do the final install/cable routing.

Reach out anytime, would love to chat more about it! PM here, or email [email protected] !

#105 2 years ago

We have added Gottlieb System 1 MPU-to-Driver Cable Harnesses (and kits) to the store. We don't carry the obsolete original housings (you'll need to re-use your old ones), but we'll keep hunting for suitable replacements. Cheers!

https://wirebot.xyz/products/gottlieb-system-1-interconnect-cable-harness

https://wirebot.xyz/products/gottlieb-system-1-mpu-to-driver-cable-harness-diy-kit

#106 2 years ago

0.093" (18-22 AWG) crimp pins finally arrived. In stock and available now.

https://wirebot.xyz/products/0-93-crimp-pin

#108 2 years ago

Received a shipment of 18 AWG Black striped cable (9 different stripe colors). Available now in the store! Have a good weekend...

https://wirebot.xyz/products/18-awg-wire-black-striped

1 month later
    #110 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I have gotten 2 orders so far and both had superior quality wire, connectors and pins! The Molex crimper that I also got works great on both .063 and .092 pins.
    I think I have learned to write down what I need first, then go down the list on the website, and then double check my order. Getting old, I forget things and assume I did everything right the first time. Another tip for myself. Whatever color wire I need, order double that amount. I have run out of wire and pins already. DOH.
    Thanks John!!!

Haha, no problem! Happy to help out, feel free to holler anytime.

#111 2 years ago

Need someone to do your wire crimping for you? Wire-Bot can help! Check out our "Pre-Crimped Wire" request form and let us know what you need. We'll figure out cost and timing and let you know. Thanks! Holler with any questions.

https://wirebot.xyz/pages/pre-crimped-wires

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from P1nhead:

About 400 crimped connections and 0.25 miles of wire later... now you tell me!
    Good company. Spent a good chunk of money with them and they saved me a bunch with bulk wire, highly recommended.

Haha, sorry friend! We'll be here for you next go-round

#115 2 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Nice selection and a reasonable shipping option to Canada! I will have to order some eventually (no projects right now... knock on wood!).

Sweet, holler anytime!

#117 2 years ago
    Quoted from NewPinInTown:

Just received my first Wire-Bot order, and the process and service have been consistently excellent from start to delivery! The website is easy to use and navigate, and a wide selection of products is available. My order came very promptly with excellent communication along the way! Couldn’t be happier, just placed my second order. Many thanks John!!

Of course, thank you!

3 weeks later
    #118 2 years ago

We made a few small additions to our store. Here are some links! Holler anytime with questions. More to come soon, thanks again...

18AWG Blue wire with White stripe:
    https://wirebot.xyz/products/18-awg-wire-blue-striped

Classic Stern Coin Door Wiring Harnesses:
    https://wirebot.xyz/products/early-stern-coin-door-wiring-harness

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from Apex:

You can add one more satisfied customer to your ranks. Entire process was smooth and easy, just like it should be!

Thanks for the kind words, glad to hear everything went smooth.

#121 2 years ago

Even the smallest wire harnesses need a little love sometimes. Here's a before-and-after of a tiny little guy I whipped up today. Helps make a big difference!

before-after (resized).jpgbefore-after (resized).jpg
    #123 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I have gotten several orders from #rockwell. The latest was for making a wiring harness and connectors for a Bally WPC89 Back Box light board. Carefully following the manual wiring diagram, I ordered enough wire (plus a couple extra feet) of each color. The order arrived quickly, and I began the task of attaching the molex connectors (last picture). Then followed the path that I had created on the back of the light board. Pushing the wires in was a tedious but satisfying task into all 47 lamp sockets. Final satisfaction was when I checked continuity with my Ohm meter to every socket and it was all connected.
    Thanks to Wire-Bot for having the parts and wires to do the job.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet, and congrats! That's a fun-looking project.

2 weeks later
    #124 1 year ago

Wire-bot is always working! Fun assortments of cable shipping daily. Holler if we can help with a special project!

www.wirebot.xyz

PXL_20220501_155124851 (resized).jpgPXL_20220501_155124851 (resized).jpg
    #125 1 year ago

New addition to the store today...18 AWG yellow wire with striped colors. Slowly but surely, we're getting there...

https://wirebot.xyz/products/18-awg-wire-yellow-striped

Holler anytime with any questions! Thanks

#127 1 year ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Bought all of your 18g yellow selection. Like a kid in a candy store. Loving this place.

Oh, great! Yes, it is fun to have more of the wire we ordered start to arrive You should see your order ship out later today. Thanks again.

#131 1 year ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

yay! really just needed some connectors, but added some wire variety for upcoming homebrew project. Thanks for making this available.[quoted image]

Sweet, glad we could help. Keep me posted if you have other homebrew needs you don't find in the shop. I'd love to be able to supply all the wire stuff homebrewer's need.

Quoted from kcZ:

Wow... how have I missed this thread. Will be checking out your site and getting an order together soon.

Holler anytime if you have any questions

#133 1 year ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Holler anytime if you have any questions
    What about .156" Headers?

We do have those, actually. Well, some anyway. I can check the shelf...maybe 50-100 or so? More on the way, at which point I will get them in the store. If you need a few in the meantime, drop me a DM here or reach out via the contact form on the site! Happy to do what I can.

#135 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I have placed yet another order with you. as I have used up all the previous wire and connectors you have sent. I am loving the crimping pliers for trifurcons.
    I tried to order a hundred .100 trifurcons, but was denied and said sold out. So I ordered 20, and that will get me by for a few weeks. I did not see any .100 connectors to on the boards, I just built from Dumbass. Glad you had the wire I needed for my Opto boards.

Oh no, sounds like I have another inventory issue on the site. Easy fix. We have 100 of the .100 crimps (they are just standard crimp style, not trifurcon), so I can adjust your order for you. Sorry about that!

#137 1 year ago
    Quoted from izzy:

Do you have braided round ground wire? Hopefully tinned.
    thx

Yes, I think this is what you are after?

https://wirebot.xyz/products/18-awg-stranded-bus-wire

#139 1 year ago

We finally received the 9-position .093" Molex plugs we'd been waiting on, so those are in stock now:

https://wirebot.xyz/products/093-connector-plug

Which also means that a new product---the WPC Transformer-to-GI (J115) Harness---is also available!

https://wirebot.xyz/products/wpc-transformer-to-gi-secondary-wiring-harness

Thanks for looking

#140 1 year ago

0.156" headers with locking tabs are in stock. Non-locking tab style and 0.100" header strips will be in the shop next week

https://wirebot.xyz/products/0-156-24-pin-header-w-locking-tab

1 week later
    #142 1 year ago

rockwell I'd love to see some pics of your shop/warehouse.
    I'm always interesting in seeing how other people organize mass quantities of "stuff" to give me better ideas of how to organize all my stuff.

Sure thing, I'll see what I can do We actually recently moved so the new shop is still a work in progress!

#143 1 year ago

We've got a few new items in the store!

.156" Connector Header Strips
    https://wirebot.xyz/products/0-156-24-pin-header

.156" Connector Header Strips w/ Locking Ramp
    https://wirebot.xyz/products/0-156-24-pin-header-w-locking-tab

.100" Connector Header Strips
    https://wirebot.xyz/products/100-24-pin-header

3 weeks later
    #144 1 year ago

Working on adding a few new harnesses to the website over the next few days. Today's addition:

WPC-95 Cabinet Wiring Harness

https://wirebot.xyz/products/wpc-95-cabinet-wiring-harness

#145 1 year ago

Working on some WPC-95 cabinet and transformer harnesses today, among some other things.

And while they're not in the store yet, we can also make custom ribbon cables...including stuff for P3-ROC or homebrews. Just reach out! Have a good day

wpc95-cab (resized).jpgwpc95-cab (resized).jpg
    wpc95-cab-wip (resized).jpgwpc95-cab-wip (resized).jpg

#146 1 year ago

Not all cables and harnesses need to be crazy! Here's a little set I whipped up for a Williams background sound board.

PXL_20220620_170700649 (resized).jpgPXL_20220620_170700649 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #147 1 year ago

We've added Gray and Rainbow Ribbon Cable to the store. We also have a few sizes of connectors for them if you're looking to make some quick and easy display cable replacements. And if you're working on a home brew or other P3-ROC project, just let us know. We can make cables for you, or package up the loose bits you need.

Gray Ribbon Cable:
    https://wirebot.xyz/products/ribbon-cable-gray-ft

Rainbow Ribbon Cable:
    https://wirebot.xyz/products/ribbon-cable-rainbow-ft

Here's a quick shot at a project I worked on this weekend...replacing a few of the ribbon cables in my Grand Lizard:

PXL_20220709_043111466 (resized).jpgPXL_20220709_043111466 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #149 1 year ago

We've got a full spectrum of striped 18 AWG incoming over the next couple of weeks (basically all of the additional color options we don't currently have), so be on the lookout for those in the store soon.

Also, I have a question. I'd like to continue to add inventory as long as it is something that would be helpful for the community ... are there any wire/connector/other parts that you have a hard time sourcing that we might be able to provide or make? The out-of-production parts (28-position .100" housings, for example) notwithstanding. If so, do let me know!

#152 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tallon:

A source for the 40pin connector on the Williams 3-7 would be nice. I k ow they are hard to source

That's a good idea. I'll look into it.

Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Did you reach out to Ed at GPE. Maybe you would be the perfect guy to buy him out. Win for everyone. I look forward to buying stuff in the near future.

Not sure if I've got the capital to buy out GPE, but it's a fun idea!

3 weeks later
    #156 1 year ago

Last week we received a shipment of some of the striped 18 AWG wire we'd been waiting on. It's available now in the store

https://wirebot.xyz/collections/18-awg-wire

1 month later
    #157 1 year ago

Coupla new cables available in the store now. See below. Thanks!

WPC 50 Volt Disconnect Harness
    https://wirebot.xyz/products/wpc-50-volt-disconnect-harness

STTNG Top Gun (Cannon) Cable
    https://wirebot.xyz/products/sttng-top-gun-cannon-cable

1 month later
    #159 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skatewake:

When one buys wire from you guys, does it come on a spool? if so, what is the length needed to get it with a spool?
    Thanks,

Normally I'll put anything over 50 ft on a spool, but if you have a smaller amount you'd like on a spool feel free to just leave that request in the order. No problem

1 month later
    #162 1 year ago
    Quoted from wombat:

Quick shout-out to John at Wire-Bot. I've ordered wires a few times now and have been pleased every time. John is the real deal. Buy with confidence. Even his boxes are cool

Thanks, appreciate the kind words!

Quoted from Tallon:

I got stickers last time

Always, stickers

#164 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tallon:

if you start sending candy.......
    BTW, the Data East coindoor loom was perfect. Good work as usual

Oh good, thanks for confirming. I'll get that one added to the site.

#166 1 year ago
    Quoted from amxfc3s:

This is an awesome idea/site. It drives me nuts seeing random wire hacked into games. I placed a small order today but will order more when I need OEM correct wire and don't have it in my scrap pile.

Right on, appreciate the note! Feel free to reach out anytime if you can't find what you're after, or have any questions.

#168 1 year ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Ordered a bunch of various wires to continue revitalizing my #Motordome. If there was ever a kit that included ~5 feet of all possible colors and stripe patterns for both 18 and 22 gauge wires, I'd purchase it. You never know what you may need until you need it
    Thanks for carrying the 0.093 pins and connectors

Haha, a kit like that is certainly possible! Maybe we'll have to schedule some time to cut down some lengths of all the colors and make some short-length "everything" kits. Kind of a fun idea

#176 1 year ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Do you have the entropy style WPC door wire harness?

We don't have any pre-made, but we can make one for you if needed. Drop me a note if/when you're in the market!

1 week later
    #178 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skatewake:

Just placed a small order from your web site. Thanks for being around.

Thanks for the kind words! Happy to help.

#180 1 year ago
    Quoted from chad:

Shout out to John at WireBot! Got my FirePoer harness and pins molex.
    Also this cool guy decal.
    Thanks again!!
    [quoted image]

Haha, glad you dig the sticker. Sorry again we couldn't meet up in person. Next time!

2 weeks later
    #183 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skatewake:

Hey Rockwell, Do you guys have 16 guage wire as well?
    Thanks

At the moment I don't but I am willing to stock it. Let me know what colors you're after, and I can add some to my weekly order.

Thanks!

1 week later
    #186 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

Hi @rockwell-
    Thanks for stocking all these wire color combinations, it has been immensely helpful! One suggestion to help out color blind fellas like me... Could you label the loose wire in your shipments similar to what you are doing on wire that comes in reels? I've had a heck of a time trying to figure out some of the color combinations.
    Thanks!
    -Mike

Hey Mike, thanks for the suggestion. Certainly, I will look into an efficient way (for me) to do this. Appreciate the feedback.

#191 1 year ago
    Quoted from Slotswow:

Hi Rockwell
    I was reading your post about Mr&Mrs Pacman displays
    I’m experiencing the same problem with Wolf pac displays. Do you leave pin 7 off J1 if the daisy chain wires are removed from the unused pins? How do you know which wires are unused.
    Thanks

Yeah, I had the Wolffpacs as well. I can't recall now which wires it was causing the issue (I sold the game last year), but removing those daisy-chained wires from the connectors that didn't need them fixed the issue. I will look through that post and see if I can recall. I probably have some images as well I can reference.

#192 1 year ago

I did order some spools of the 16 gauge in just black, white, and green for now. They should arrive late this week or early next week, at which point I'll add them to the store. If all looks good with those, I plan to order the other solid colors subsequently.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

So I have to say...........John is AWESOME!!!
    I tend to do some things without thinking. I had a great idea to have every wire color on hand for any future repairs. I don't rewire playfields, but sometimes need some wire here and there. My bright idea was "Hey, let's see if John can send me a 10' section of every wire color he has".
    Well first off, he has like 200 wire options. I did not realize this. Secondly, he is meticulous about packaging. I did not realize this either. But in spite of those things about a week later I get my package with 10' lengths of 200 wire colors in fantastically packaged bundles.
    I SHOULD be ready for anything now. Plus I got the cool sticker too![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Haha, glad they arrived safely. Now you're ready for anything Thanks for the kind words.

#193 1 year ago

The Black, White, and Green 16 AWG wire is now available in the store. Thanks!

https://wirebot.xyz/products/16-awg-wire-solid-colors

#195 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skatewake:

Excellent. I Put in a small order, Thanks

Excellent. You should see those ship out right away. Appreciate you!

#199 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skatewake:

Are you going to get 14 gauge too?

The manufacturer I purchase from doesn't keep stranded 14AWG ready off-the-shelf (only solid), which just means I have to order it in higher volume and the wait time is longer. So for now, I'll hold off. I haven't had a lot of people asking for the 14AWG to this point.

Quoted from Jrotten:

John is the best at this, good prices & ships same day. I went with individual spools, much easier to use.
    [quoted image]

Looking good, appreciate that! To be clear, I aim to get orders out as fast as I can. But it's not always same day. I say 1-2 business days to fulfill most orders, sometimes a bit longer if there are harnesses I need to make

#200 1 year ago

Quick note for anyone checking in here this week: Wire-Bot will be closed from March 19 through April 1 while we pack up and move our shop.

We'll be open this week and will make sure any orders placed before the 19th get shipped out as normal. Just a heads up we'll be down for a couple of weeks after that.

Thanks!

1 week later
    #202 1 year ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

I hope the move is going well!
    I just wanted to also let everyone know how satisfied of a customer I am.
    Have ordered already a few times and the shipping is super quick, the prices are great and my OCD stricken heart rejoices at how organized everything is packed and labeled.
    Last but not least I'm definitely digging the sticker and the funny box!
    Quick question, how much of a wire do I have to order for a spool? I'm wondering if I just should order a spool or two, everytime i get something from you to build up my own library, so to speak, so i have them handy when I need them.

Thanks T3quila . Generally, I will start to put stuff on spools when the quantity is larger than 50 feet or so. I may actually make some tweaks to the way we are selling the wire so I can account for the cost of the spool. So like...sell wire by the foot up to 50 feet or so, then in spools of set amounts beyond that.

But if you ever have a weird or special request, feel free to reach out and I'll do my best to help!

2 weeks later
    #204 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Just wanted to come on and say how great the wire you sell is. Before I found out about your site I ordered a few of the color wires I needed to redo a ramp wire harness from one of the big supply houses but they didn’t have all the colors I needed. Then I found your site which had everything. Not only was your wire less expensive it’s far superior. The insulation on their wire is definitely way thinner and much less pliable than yours. My only regret was not throwing their stuff out and re-order from you. I would rip it all out and start again if it wasn’t such a huge pain in the ass to wire. I know where to go for future reference

Well, I appreciate the kind words. Don't go ripping wire out of your machine! Haha. Happy to help out anytime if I'm able, feel free to contact me if you ever have any questions. Cheers!

#208 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Yeah but I've gotta buy it to feel it. Any time I buy from a new source I'm basically rolling the dice

Drop me a DM, I'll send you a scrap piece if you want to give it a feel (ya creepy old man)!

2 weeks later
    #210 12 months ago
    Quoted from stumblor:

Big shout out to John rockwell at Wire-bot. Huge range, fast shipping, wire comes on SPOOLS, and I know it's super nerdy but also loved the free stickers and custom tape. You run a tight ship John. You'll be hearing from me!
    [quoted image]

Appreciate that Happy to help.

(And to clarify...not all quantities come on spools. Typically anything close to 100 or so ft (or more) will get spooled, smaller quantities will just be loops. But if anyone has questions, requests, or concerns about it, feel free to email or DM me anytime.)

#213 12 months ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I will be placing another order soon as I just bought a used WPC89 PF wiring harness that looks like it will need some help. John's orders are always accurate and good quality. My only wish is that he had more .100 connectors. He is a godsend for those of us restoring and building pinball machines.
    [quoted image]

Whoa, sweet I do actually have a manufacturer sending me samples of .100 housings. So once I receive those and can confirm they are good, I will place an order for some common sizes and start to stock those up. May take a month or two, but I am working on it.

1 month later
    #219 10 months ago
    Quoted from Skatewake:

Thanks John for having the wire once again. Finally organized my wire and now I can start to work on some of my games.
    [quoted image]

Looking good!

Quoted from Bugsy:

I just receive my order to rewire a connector on WCS. The previous owner allowed the batteries to leak and the alkaline has started to eat into the wires. Great selection of wire, and fast shipping. I'm hoping to install soon. Thanks John!

Happy to help. Appreciate the order!

Quoted from Tophervette:

I have gotten 3 quick shipments from John in the past few weeks for my wiring harness fix. Still looking for .100 connectors though. I had to buy a whole CPU connector repin kit from Marcos to get some of the .100 connectors I need for my WPC89 Doctor Who.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I'm still working on this, and will have a small shipment arriving this week in a few sizes. Slowly but surely

1 week later
    #225 10 months ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

rockwell any updates on this?

I have been working on it, but no product on hand yet. I have discussed production with some manufacturers, but the feedback I keep getting (from the ones I can afford) is that the piece is too long and will warp in production. I'm like "OK," but keep looking. So if anyone knows of an injection-molding manufacturer that can handle not-massive runs of product, please do share. Would definitely reach out.

I have a 3D model of the part, so doing 3D-printed pieces would be an option, but that gets pricey.

#226 10 months ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Since I'm not doing my own restoration thread on Pinside, figured this would be the best place to plop these photos.
    John helped me go from stupid twinkle lights to an entirely new harness. I'm not up and running yet but getting oh so close.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Oh wow, looking great! Keep us posted, and let me know if you have any feedback on the harness or run into any issues.

And if anyone else needs a Nine Ball harness, feel free to reach out!

#227 10 months ago
    Quoted from Skatewake:

Hey John, Just wondering if you had received the .100 connectors yet and when are you going to list them on your web site?
    Thanks

I did receive a few sizes (2-p, 12-p, and 5-p). I do not have them on the site yet, but will do that sometime this week. If you need any of those in the meantime, let me know and I can help you set up an order. Thanks!

#229 10 months ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

Great product and support. Finally remade this color correct mini harness for my Upper Deck pitch and bat. The original cloth wires were all taped up with several breaks in the insulation.[quoted image]

Well done, looks great!

#232 10 months ago

Added a couple of new harnesses to the store, in case anyone has a need for these specific items...

Nine Ball Playfield Harness:
    https://wirebot.xyz/products/stern-nine-ball-playfield-wiring-harness

Attack From Mars Insert Panel Cable (Backbox lamps/flashers):
    https://wirebot.xyz/products/attack-from-mars-insert-panel-cable

(Apologies for the poor placeholder pics. They'll have to suffice until I can get better ones made )

#236 10 months ago
    Quoted from play_pinball:

That appears to only be the playfield harness. I'll be ordering one soon rockwell !

Excellent!

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

In the listing it clearly says playfield harness. So if you're doing a scratch build, you'd also need additional cabinet & backbox harnesses.
    Nice to see someone else offering these now. Hopefully Star Gazer is in your future plans

I don't have plans to do Star Gazer, but would happily do it if I can source a donor harness to make a template from (returned afterwards of course). If anyone has one, feel free to reach out!

3 months later
    #241 6 months ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

Just received a Stern Nine Ball playfield harness from John. Very nicely done, quality looks excellent.
    Gathering the last few parts at the moment, but this will go a long way towards my Nine Ball scratch build next summer.

Excellent, glad it arrived safely! Let me know if you stumble upon any issues. And thanks again!

4 months later
    #243 74 days ago

Stickertime!

PXL_20240210_202202181 (resized).jpgPXL_20240210_202202181 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockwell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comin-soon-pinball-wire-?tu=rockwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.