(Topic ID: 303350)

Pinball Wire and Harnesses from Wire-Bot!

By rockwell

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5742 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20240210_202202181 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0873 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0872 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0871 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0869 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0870 (resized).jpeg
    DSCF2804 (resized).JPG
    DSCF2800 (resized).JPG
    DSCF2784 (resized).JPG
    1524E870-1EAC-460C-B2DE-B1D14506BAAD (resized).jpeg
    Yay (resized).png
    Gross (resized).png
    352088852_608258064615112_7527527326075153284_n (resized).jpg
    352331083_633070272037490_4557601551130992481_n (resized).jpg
    Wire (resized).jpg
    There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 1 year ago

I hope the move is going well!

I just wanted to also let everyone know how satisfied of a customer I am.

Have ordered already a few times and the shipping is super quick, the prices are great and my OCD stricken heart rejoices at how organized everything is packed and labeled.
    Last but not least I'm definitely digging the sticker and the funny box!

Quick question, how much of a wire do I have to order for a spool? I'm wondering if I just should order a spool or two, everytime i get something from you to build up my own library, so to speak, so i have them handy when I need them.

#202 1 year ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

I hope the move is going well!
    I just wanted to also let everyone know how satisfied of a customer I am.
    Have ordered already a few times and the shipping is super quick, the prices are great and my OCD stricken heart rejoices at how organized everything is packed and labeled.
    Last but not least I'm definitely digging the sticker and the funny box!
    Quick question, how much of a wire do I have to order for a spool? I'm wondering if I just should order a spool or two, everytime i get something from you to build up my own library, so to speak, so i have them handy when I need them.

Thanks T3quila . Generally, I will start to put stuff on spools when the quantity is larger than 50 feet or so. I may actually make some tweaks to the way we are selling the wire so I can account for the cost of the spool. So like...sell wire by the foot up to 50 feet or so, then in spools of set amounts beyond that.

But if you ever have a weird or special request, feel free to reach out and I'll do my best to help!

2 weeks later
    #203 1 year ago

Just wanted to come on and say how great the wire you sell is. Before I found out about your site I ordered a few of the color wires I needed to redo a ramp wire harness from one of the big supply houses but they didn’t have all the colors I needed. Then I found your site which had everything. Not only was your wire less expensive it’s far superior. The insulation on their wire is definitely way thinner and much less pliable than yours. My only regret was not throwing their stuff out and re-order from you. I would rip it all out and start again if it wasn’t such a huge pain in the ass to wire. I know where to go for future reference

#204 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Just wanted to come on and say how great the wire you sell is. Before I found out about your site I ordered a few of the color wires I needed to redo a ramp wire harness from one of the big supply houses but they didn’t have all the colors I needed. Then I found your site which had everything. Not only was your wire less expensive it’s far superior. The insulation on their wire is definitely way thinner and much less pliable than yours. My only regret was not throwing their stuff out and re-order from you. I would rip it all out and start again if it wasn’t such a huge pain in the ass to wire. I know where to go for future reference

Well, I appreciate the kind words. Don't go ripping wire out of your machine! Haha. Happy to help out anytime if I'm able, feel free to contact me if you ever have any questions. Cheers!

#205 1 year ago

I wish I knew more about how to tell good insulation apart. Some of the cheap wire I've gotten before definitely is less pliable and I've had it cause breaks, etc. I got some silicone one time though and that was super flexible. Couldn't tell until I had it in my hands though, but the wire bot stuff is better than ebay sellers, and I've started using silicone stuff for moving assemblies like zipper flippers, etc

#206 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I wish I knew more about how to tell good insulation apart. Some of the cheap wire I've gotten before definitely is less pliable and I've had it cause breaks, etc. I got some silicone one time though and that was super flexible. Couldn't tell until I had it in my hands though, but the wire bot stuff is better than ebay sellers, and I've started using silicone stuff for moving assemblies like zipper flippers, etc

You can just tell by feel. The stuff from wire-bot feels exactly like the original wiring. The stuff I got from the pinball supply company is much thinner

#207 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

You can just tell by feel. The stuff from wire-bot feels exactly like the original wiring. The stuff I got from the pinball supply company is much thinner

Yeah but I've gotta buy it to feel it. Any time I buy from a new source I'm basically rolling the dice

#208 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Yeah but I've gotta buy it to feel it. Any time I buy from a new source I'm basically rolling the dice

Drop me a DM, I'll send you a scrap piece if you want to give it a feel (ya creepy old man)!

2 weeks later
    #209 12 months ago

Big shout out to John rockwell at Wire-bot. Huge range, fast shipping, wire comes on SPOOLS, and I know it's super nerdy but also loved the free stickers and custom tape. You run a tight ship John. You'll be hearing from me!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#210 12 months ago
    Quoted from stumblor:

Big shout out to John rockwell at Wire-bot. Huge range, fast shipping, wire comes on SPOOLS, and I know it's super nerdy but also loved the free stickers and custom tape. You run a tight ship John. You'll be hearing from me!
    [quoted image]

Appreciate that Happy to help.

(And to clarify...not all quantities come on spools. Typically anything close to 100 or so ft (or more) will get spooled, smaller quantities will just be loops. But if anyone has questions, requests, or concerns about it, feel free to email or DM me anytime.)

#211 12 months ago

I will be placing another order soon as I just bought a used WPC89 PF wiring harness that looks like it will need some help. John's orders are always accurate and good quality. My only wish is that he had more .100 connectors. He is a godsend for those of us restoring and building pinball machines.

doctorwho-kabelbaumplgiejy (resized).jpgdoctorwho-kabelbaumplgiejy (resized).jpg
    #212 12 months ago

Just place a small order again and I will say, thank you for being a supplier for this type of wire.

Thanks

#213 12 months ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I will be placing another order soon as I just bought a used WPC89 PF wiring harness that looks like it will need some help. John's orders are always accurate and good quality. My only wish is that he had more .100 connectors. He is a godsend for those of us restoring and building pinball machines.
    [quoted image]

Whoa, sweet I do actually have a manufacturer sending me samples of .100 housings. So once I receive those and can confirm they are good, I will place an order for some common sizes and start to stock those up. May take a month or two, but I am working on it.

#214 12 months ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

Whoa, sweet I do actually have a manufacturer sending me samples of .100 housings. So once I receive those and can confirm they are good, I will place an order for some common sizes and start to stock those up. May take a month or two, but I am working on it.

John is the best!

#215 12 months ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

Hope you can get 28pin .100" housings for old Bally/Stern games. Lots of games need to repinned and use a minimum of 4 of that length per game

1 month later
    #216 10 months ago

Thanks John for having the wire once again. Finally organized my wire and now I can start to work on some of my games.

Wire (resized).jpgWire (resized).jpg
    #217 10 months ago

I just receive my order to rewire a connector on WCS. The previous owner allowed the batteries to leak and the alkaline has started to eat into the wires. Great selection of wire, and fast shipping. I'm hoping to install soon. Thanks John!

#218 10 months ago

I have gotten 3 quick shipments from John in the past few weeks for my wiring harness fix. Still looking for .100 connectors though. I had to buy a whole CPU connector repin kit from Marcos to get some of the .100 connectors I need for my WPC89 Doctor Who.

352088852_608258064615112_7527527326075153284_n (resized).jpg352088852_608258064615112_7527527326075153284_n (resized).jpg352331083_633070272037490_4557601551130992481_n (resized).jpg352331083_633070272037490_4557601551130992481_n (resized).jpg
    #219 10 months ago
    Quoted from Skatewake:

Thanks John for having the wire once again. Finally organized my wire and now I can start to work on some of my games.
    [quoted image]

Looking good!

Quoted from Bugsy:

I just receive my order to rewire a connector on WCS. The previous owner allowed the batteries to leak and the alkaline has started to eat into the wires. Great selection of wire, and fast shipping. I'm hoping to install soon. Thanks John!

Happy to help. Appreciate the order!

Quoted from Tophervette:

I have gotten 3 quick shipments from John in the past few weeks for my wiring harness fix. Still looking for .100 connectors though. I had to buy a whole CPU connector repin kit from Marcos to get some of the .100 connectors I need for my WPC89 Doctor Who.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I'm still working on this, and will have a small shipment arriving this week in a few sizes. Slowly but surely

1 week later
    #220 10 months ago

Hey John, Just wondering if you had received the .100 connectors yet and when are you going to list them on your web site?

Thanks

#221 10 months ago

Since I'm not doing my own restoration thread on Pinside, figured this would be the best place to plop these photos.

John helped me go from stupid twinkle lights to an entirely new harness. I'm not up and running yet but getting oh so close.

Gross (resized).pngGross (resized).pngYay (resized).pngYay (resized).png
    #222 10 months ago

I just ordered everything I need to wire up my the switches for my Viking scratch build:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/let-s-build-a-viking

Really appreciate you making this wire affordable, even in small quantities!

#223 10 months ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Hope you can get 28pin .100" housings for old Bally/Stern games. Lots of games need to repinned and use a minimum of 4 of that length per game

rockwell any updates on this?

#224 10 months ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I need another big order of them to.

#225 10 months ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I have been working on it, but no product on hand yet. I have discussed production with some manufacturers, but the feedback I keep getting (from the ones I can afford) is that the piece is too long and will warp in production. I'm like "OK," but keep looking. So if anyone knows of an injection-molding manufacturer that can handle not-massive runs of product, please do share. Would definitely reach out.

I have a 3D model of the part, so doing 3D-printed pieces would be an option, but that gets pricey.

#226 10 months ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Since I'm not doing my own restoration thread on Pinside, figured this would be the best place to plop these photos.
    John helped me go from stupid twinkle lights to an entirely new harness. I'm not up and running yet but getting oh so close.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Oh wow, looking great! Keep us posted, and let me know if you have any feedback on the harness or run into any issues.

And if anyone else needs a Nine Ball harness, feel free to reach out!

#227 10 months ago
    Quoted from Skatewake:

Hey John, Just wondering if you had received the .100 connectors yet and when are you going to list them on your web site?
    Thanks

I did receive a few sizes (2-p, 12-p, and 5-p). I do not have them on the site yet, but will do that sometime this week. If you need any of those in the meantime, let me know and I can help you set up an order. Thanks!

#228 10 months ago

Great product and support. Finally remade this color correct mini harness for my Upper Deck pitch and bat. The original cloth wires were all taped up with several breaks in the insulation.

1524E870-1EAC-460C-B2DE-B1D14506BAAD (resized).jpeg1524E870-1EAC-460C-B2DE-B1D14506BAAD (resized).jpeg
    #229 10 months ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

Great product and support. Finally remade this color correct mini harness for my Upper Deck pitch and bat. The original cloth wires were all taped up with several breaks in the insulation.[quoted image]

Well done, looks great!

#230 10 months ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

Well done, looks great!

Thanks. The Jones plugs are a pain to redo. I had to use a heavy duty soldering gun for that but I’ve read here a torch works even better.

#231 10 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

I need another big order of them to.

I need to correct this, I need more of the .100 moles pins.

#232 10 months ago

Added a couple of new harnesses to the store, in case anyone has a need for these specific items...

Nine Ball Playfield Harness:
    https://wirebot.xyz/products/stern-nine-ball-playfield-wiring-harness

Attack From Mars Insert Panel Cable (Backbox lamps/flashers):
    https://wirebot.xyz/products/attack-from-mars-insert-panel-cable

(Apologies for the poor placeholder pics. They'll have to suffice until I can get better ones made )

#233 10 months ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

Added a couple of new harnesses to the store, in case anyone has a need for these specific items...
    Nine Ball Playfield Harness:
    https://wirebot.xyz/products/stern-nine-ball-playfield-wiring-harness
    Attack From Mars Insert Panel Cable (Backbox lamps/flashers):
    https://wirebot.xyz/products/attack-from-mars-insert-panel-cable
    (Apologies for the poor placeholder pics. They'll have to suffice until I can get better ones made )

Is the Nineball harness complete to replace the wiring for the entire machine? Playfield, backbox and power wiring throughout? Or just the playfield itself? Sent a similar message directly to you via your website.

#234 10 months ago

That appears to only be the playfield harness. I'll be ordering one soon rockwell !

#235 10 months ago

In the listing it clearly says playfield harness. So if you're doing a scratch build, you'd also need additional cabinet & backbox harnesses.

Nice to see someone else offering these now. Hopefully Star Gazer is in your future plans

#236 10 months ago
    Quoted from play_pinball:

That appears to only be the playfield harness. I'll be ordering one soon rockwell !

Excellent!

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

In the listing it clearly says playfield harness. So if you're doing a scratch build, you'd also need additional cabinet & backbox harnesses.
    Nice to see someone else offering these now. Hopefully Star Gazer is in your future plans

I don't have plans to do Star Gazer, but would happily do it if I can source a donor harness to make a template from (returned afterwards of course). If anyone has one, feel free to reach out!

#237 10 months ago

I am building my second WPC89 Back Box Light panel wiring harness with wires from Wire-Bot.

DSCF2784 (resized).JPGDSCF2784 (resized).JPGDSCF2800 (resized).JPGDSCF2800 (resized).JPGDSCF2804 (resized).JPGDSCF2804 (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #238 9 months ago

John does White Water cables… all of them

IMG_0869 (resized).jpegIMG_0869 (resized).jpegIMG_0870 (resized).jpegIMG_0870 (resized).jpegIMG_0871 (resized).jpegIMG_0871 (resized).jpegIMG_0872 (resized).jpegIMG_0872 (resized).jpegIMG_0873 (resized).jpegIMG_0873 (resized).jpeg
    #239 9 months ago

Those labels & tags are awesome, great product.

2 months later
    #240 6 months ago

Just received a Stern Nine Ball playfield harness from John. Very nicely done, quality looks excellent.

Gathering the last few parts at the moment, but this will go a long way towards my Nine Ball scratch build next summer.

#241 6 months ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

Just received a Stern Nine Ball playfield harness from John. Very nicely done, quality looks excellent.
    Gathering the last few parts at the moment, but this will go a long way towards my Nine Ball scratch build next summer.

Excellent, glad it arrived safely! Let me know if you stumble upon any issues. And thanks again!

3 weeks later
    #242 5 months ago

Anyone else take advantage of John making WH2O harnesses, or the whole WH2O cable set?

3 months later
    #243 73 days ago

Stickertime!

PXL_20240210_202202181 (resized).jpgPXL_20240210_202202181 (resized).jpg
    #244 72 days ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

Stickertime!
    [quoted image]

They look upbeat and fun!

Not double posting on purpose… well, maybe I am… but every cable, connector, and wire in this WH2O build is a Wire-Bot product (only exception is the Sasquatch mod). Pretty cool when you think about it.

Zapped!Zapped!

There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comin-soon-pinball-wire-/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.