Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Wolfmarsh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ij4_grain.jpg
    IM_grain.jpg
    _MG_6761x.jpg
    Woz_Playfield_Ribbing.jpg
    _MG_6752.JPG
    _MG_6745y.JPG
    _MG_6769.JPG
    _MG_6761x.jpg
    _MG_6733.JPG
    _MG_6907.JPG
    _MG_6895.JPG
    _MG_6741.JPG
    _MG_6746.JPG
    _MG_6757.JPG
    _MG_6904.JPG
    _MG_6906.JPG
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

Not many pinball machine have clear on the cabinet for good reason! Tom it's good you can laugh, keep that in mind. You'll need it!

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

Not many pinball machine have clear on the cabinet for good reason!

What would a good reason be?

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

Not many pinball machine have clear on the cabinet for good reason!

I can think of three reasons:
    - Keeping production cost down?
    - The company (and stockholders) bottom line?
    - Plain ol' money?

I can't think of any other reason why you would not want your cabinets clear coated if the above wasn't an issue.

JoeJet, thanks for the awesome photos!

#54 11 years ago

Any normal person contributing to a discussion and making a bold statement such as that, would include the reasoning behind why they believe their statement to be true. The only reason not to do that is to stir up drama by letting people argue over it. And we've all seen the locked JJP threads to know how well that works.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

How did the flying monkey mechanism look?? BTW, thanks or posting these pics!

One of the pics i forgot to take.. while i would have preferred a modeled monkey, the location at the waaaaay back of the game it probably would not have looked much different and there may have been clearance issues... its cool to see the ball carried to the upper playfield and the plastic (as seen before) has the same great art as the playfield.

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I was going to say the same thing Joe but I figure the haters are trying hard to find stuff now.
    By the way, did anyone rub there belt buckle all over the game to see if the cabinet could take it? lol

The cabinet looks and feels indestructible. Ran my hand along the bottom edges/corners and its smooth as silk..

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That's not just glare if you ask me, that is straight up ridges in the playfield.

Look at the "Hurry" insert, if it were some kind of glare or created by the lit rollover targets, it would be the same on the insert.

Here is another pic, look at the inlane, it's clearly the playfield itself causing the reflection to be ridged like that. The light's reflection off of the glass/plastics is smooth.

It will never be perfect, but i'm sure it will be amazing. If you take hi res pics of a super model up close you will see her pores.

#58 11 years ago

I didn't say it was a huge flaw, and I'm definitely not a WoZ hater, but some people were claiming it was a reflection from those concentric circle rollover targets and that's just not the case.

I'm sure it doesn't affect anything at all, and as someone else showed, most games have ridges like that.

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from Slate:

Quality is awesome. Stern take note.

The wireramps green ones look like they are chipping or wearing. Wonder if this is a problem or that is a prototype still.

That is a reflection of bright lights and high gloss clear coat. Has anyone noticed chipping on the game who has seen it in person? Please comment if you have.

#60 11 years ago

Still amazed by the things people look for and care about. Shortly after purchase a bunch of steel balls will be flinging around anyway. Looks damn impressive.

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

Not many pinball machine have clear on the cabinet for good reason! Tom it's good you can laugh, keep that in mind. You'll need it!

I know! It's really sad I won't be able to get that usual flipper button wear that happens on Stern games.

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I can think of three reasons:
    - Keeping production cost down?
    - The company (and stockholders) bottom line?
    - Plain ol' money?
    I can't think of any other reason why you would not want your cabinets clear coated if the above wasn't an issue.
    JoeJet, thanks for the awesome photos!

And, Exejet forgot to say IMHO per Counsel

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

I'm laughing because I won't have to worry about it. So if the clear scratches can't you just polish it similar to a clearcoated playfield?

When I play and see it for myself at expo then I'LL see if I need to worry.

#64 11 years ago

I'm pretty sure a clear coated cab is going to be awesome.

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comiccon-woz-pics/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.