Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
images.jpg
330x182px-LL-7dc6c095_micheal-jackson-.gif
DSC09257.JPG
DSC09330.JPG
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

What I can't figure out (as other pinside threads have outlined) is why HASN'T Lord of the Rings gone up??

+1. Traded my MM for LotR + cash, and never regretted it one bit. Saw all MM had to offer after a month of ownership. LotR, not even close.

Different strokes and all that.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

After a few games, Ive decided to re-list this, please line up dummies.
LOTR FS $6,899. Has special Red DMD filter.

At that price I'll take 2. one for each end of my game room so people can play coming and going.

But seriously now, how much should a NOS playfield go for then?

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Not talking smack, just reporting what he had last summer at one of the shows when I talked to him. Last year/last summer, splitting hairs, at one of the California shows. Not second hand information, just what he had and what he offered to sell it to me for. 650 -FACT
What is weird is that you are quoting him for the price of the last ones he sold, but not for the price you bought it from him. (Nothing wrong with that) Just be honest, you are trying to pocket a 90% increase on your purchase but are slamming other people for trying to make a profit selling their pins. If the other prices you say are true, then they also made a profit as I know what they cost at shows. Again, nothing wrong with that.
Seems you are a little uncomfortable defending your prices, but don't have a problem trying to make people defend theirs.
Honestly, I have no horse in the race. I hope you get what you want for your playfield, and I hope the sellers get what they want for their LOTR.

Whysnow = hypocrite

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Whether or not it's "overpriced" is irrelevant really. I paid 4400$ for an extremely nice routed machine. What I can't figure out (as other pinside threads have outlined) is why HASN'T Lord of the Rings gone up?? In this inflated market, a game that is consistently rated in the top 5 and arguably Sterns best machine, baffles me when price increases are questioned!

It actually has risen in price compared to what they were selling for a year or two ago (or more), much like other games.

It hasn't risen as much as most other games comparatively though IMO. The main reason that I think is because of the sheer number of games that were made. It is either Stern's most (or second most, depending who you talk to) game of all time. I would also venture to guess that there are more HUO LOTRs and TSPPs out there than any other pinball machines ever built.

Just for comparison purposes, LOTR is the third most owned game by pinsiders. There are tons of them out there. (If you wanna question my "owned by" number, that's ok. It's been awhile since I looked it over)

#55 10 years ago

Whenever I see Whysnow as an OP I automatically assume that the thread is:

a) a desperate cry for attention
b) a few paragraphs of trolltasticness
c) an obvious attempt at poking the bear for a boredom-fueled argument
d) all of the above

Not trying to be an ass. Just keeping it real. Calling it as I see it. Reporting the data.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from PlatinumPinMike:

Maybe already sold at 5000 $ if really HUO ...

No it is routed not HUO. The add was misleading. Bad ball drop wear on the playfield, flipper wear and scrapes on the side art and head.

#57 10 years ago

Triumvirat73, you forgot to add an obvious one to your list.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You always like to make things personal and attack me. Your hard on for me is getting somewhat scary to be honest.

I just don't think I've seen anyone complain as much as you do. Whatever makes you feel better I guess.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

d) all of the above
Not trying to be an ass. Just keeping it real. Calling it as I see it. Reporting the data.

I guess it's not just me who's noticed this. Lol

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

No it is routed not HUO. The add was misleading. Bad ball drop wear on the playfield, flipper wear and scrapes on the side art and head.

Well, to be honest, none of that says it was routed, just not cared for. I've seen plenty of HUO pins look worse than any of my route pins. Condition is king.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

LOTR FS $6,999. Cash money.

centerflank forgot to mention the breakdown of his price.

$4,999 for the LOTR
$2000 for the centerflank signed apron

And let me tell you that is a good deal for a centerflank signed apron!

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Well, to be honest, none of that says it was routed, just not cared for. I've seen plenty of HUO pins look worse than any of my route pins. Condition is king.

But why would the owner rip the goodie bag out then lose it. Isn't that a dead giveaway it is a routed pin?

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It all depends on if it is a true NOS versus a reproduction, if there are any production problems with the playfield, (dust in clear, registration, color saturation, etc...) that will also effect the price even though the playfield has not been used.

It also depends on how popular the game is that is is going in. The higher the value of a game, the more value the playfield has.

Example: A true NOS AFM playfield is worth way more than a reproduction. I remember some selling for close to 1800, while a the highest for a reproduction was about 700-1000 depending on time between runs. When somebody gets a top end restore job, NOS is preferred and people will pay top dollar for one.

95% of the time when you see a reproduction for sale north of 1k, the person bought it for the 700 price when they came out and just have sat on it until the supply has run dry.

I have seen a TOTAN and CC NOS sell for 2k, you will never see NOS Popeye sell for that much as an example.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

But apparently you are the only people making personal attacks when i am merely making an observation and trying to have a discussion rather than attacking someone specific.

Hope i can meet you guys in real life someday and we can have a beer and play some pinball. If you want to attack me in real life then i am afraid you will not like me very much then either.

In regards to my ipb pf. I bought it second hand and not from gene. Needless to say i paid very close to current market and am happy to sell it for exactly what i am in to it for.

#65 10 years ago

But why would the owner rip the goodie bag out then lose it. Isn't that a dead giveaway it is a routed pin?

I wouldn't say so. I think many people think of it as extra crap they don't need, kinda like a manual that comes with a VCR. They set it aside, they lose it, they stuff it in some drawer, let the kids play with the stickers, etc...

#66 10 years ago

It was on my wishlist for awhile, but took it off - it's gotten too expensive for me...

#67 10 years ago

d) all of the above

You obviously don't get me very well, but then again when someone says they are not trying to be an ass, they understand already that they are.

#68 10 years ago

Ok guys

Let be sure to keep our composure

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You obviously don't get me very well, but then again when someone says they are not trying to be an ass, they understand already that they are.

The finer points of sarcasm are obviously lost on you...

To be clear, you are correct. I don't get you. I don't know you from Adam. What I DO know is that every thread that I've seen you post is combative, complainant, petty, argumentative, baiting, and completely devoid of any useful content that may help move the hobby that we all love in a positive direction.

Strictly my observations, and personal opinion based on what I've seen. Nothing more, and certainly nothing personal.

#70 10 years ago

What I DO know is that every thread that I've seen you post is combative, complainant, petty, argumentative, baiting, and completely devoid of any useful content that may help move the hobby that we all love in a positive direction.

Re-edit-removing my personal attack at Whysnow

Post edited by centerflank : Heavy sarcasm if you didnt figure

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Whysnow = hypocrite

Again with the personal attacks Rob...

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yeah Hilton, you dick, like when you sold that playfield and donated to that one dudes kid dying, you are so devoid of usefulness.

I'm new comparatively, and meant no disrespect. Had I seen that, then I would obviously not have said that. I can't go back through every thread posted before I was around. And if that happened since I've been around then I clearly missed that thread.

Again, I'm strictly speaking for what I've seen, not what has happened. I have no problem admitting wrong-doing and if my comments are out-of-line then I sincerely apologize.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

No, it most certainly is not just you, many others have noticed it as well believe me.

He bitches about everything. If you make money selling a pin, you are evil. If a 10 year old kid beats you at pinball, he is cheating.

Hilarious.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Really? Gene has not had silkscreened cftbl pfs for sale publicly for over 1 year and according to him the last ones he sold he priced at 1000. I also have spoken with the last 3 sellers on pinside and they sold for 1150 1200 and 1250 respectively. Bring some truths and facts if you want to talk smack next time

Wait, are they rerunning LOTRs?!?!?

Seems like his comparison was pretty spot on.

#75 10 years ago

It's not really practical to keep the goodie bag in the game anymore with how the manuals are done, etc. You pull it out, it gets misplaced, etc.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Wait, are they rerunning LOTRs?!?!?
Seems like his comparison was pretty spot on.

Asking market price for a pf vs 1000 over market for a game is very different to most people.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

No, it most certainly is not just you, many others have noticed it as well believe me.
He bitches about everything. If you make money selling a pin, you are evil. If a 10 year old kid beats you at pinball, he is cheating.
Hilarious.

You have a pretty negative outlook on life if you think everything i discuss is bitching and probably take me way too seriously???

You also like to misrepresent or twist things i have said.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Example: A true NOS AFM playfield is worth way more than a reproduction. I remember some selling for close to 1800, while a the highest for a reproduction was about 700-1000 depending on time between runs. When somebody gets a top end restore job, NOS is preferred and people will pay top dollar for one.

As the quality of the repos has come up.... I think this is less and less an issue. Back when most repos were underground, or had issues (like early IPB playfields) the repos were simply inferior. Now, many are equal or better. The whole 'I pay more for original' is a very narrow slice in pinball. The # of 'trailer queens' in pinball is not nearly like it is in collector cars, etc. Pins are still admired for how they look and play... more so than their pedigree.

#79 10 years ago

There's no reason for any of you guys to make another post unless it's related to LOTR and/or its current value.
Nobody's going to win this. It's impossible.
Just sayin.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Nobody's going to win this. It's impossible.

I could win but can't afford the karma points !

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Sold mine for 5500 and I feel stupid about doing so. Should have sat on it, truly miss that game but something had to go for space. Nice try op on dumping the price.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I could win but can't afford the karma points !

Haha. I said... Ha ha.

#83 10 years ago

sorry about the gif

330x182px-LL-7dc6c095_micheal-jackson-.gif330x182px-LL-7dc6c095_micheal-jackson-.gif

#84 10 years ago

Prices on all machines are comical now, especially new machines. LOTR just took a while to catch up. People need to post a few AFM's at 15K so when I sell mine for less it seems like a steal

#85 10 years ago

I am one who recently posted my LOTR for sale and then took it down after playing for the weekend. It is not for sale because I am keeping it. I had ZERO intensions of trying to inflate the current market value of the title. If this is really happening then those individuals need to get different hobbies. I did list mine high as that is EXACTLY what I have into it. To some I over paid for mine but it's condition and not having to ship it made it work FOR ME. I have an extremely Nice LOTR besides to little finger prints near the flipper buttons.

My observation is MANY MANY people are asking high prices for games that are NOT even close to the condition they should be. Lately I have seen SS, TAF, TZ and POTC listed for high prices and titled awesome, nice etc....... IMO not so much. You can ask what you want but, be ready for the price police. You should however, make sure your game is up to par if your going to ask premium pricing.

I think prices are all over the map and pinside has all types of users. Condition, Location and Convenience of purchase are important aspects of sales. I may have overpaid before but, when I sell I absolutely tell the truth and my many buyers can vouch for that.

#86 10 years ago

Flimsiest topic I've seen in a while. Seen plenty nice HUO ones sell for over $5k this year, and I have no clue why someone would bother complaining when it's Stern's highest rated game. Seems like a good value compared to current NIB prices for unproven titles.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

As the quality of the repos has come up.... I think this is less and less an issue. Back when most repos were underground, or had issues (like early IPB playfields) the repos were simply inferior. Now, many are equal or better...

You've not seen their CV playfields recently have you?

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

It is all about condition, location, and willing buyers. Nothing else matters.

That is correct.

When I bought mine from ROC-NOC I could not find any near me for less than his. Unless I was willing to pay $5400 plus shipping. Made no sense when his was close and as nice as it is.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Beat me to the comment. They are horrendous!!!!!!!!!!!!

#90 10 years ago

Who cares. It's all, ALL, about supply and demand. There should be a big stop sign link on the pinside front page that gives everyone a basic understanding of supply and demand and why, given this, we don't have these discussions for the better of everyone not ripping each other's throats out.

If it sells, that's it's value, if it does not, it is not worth that. It literally is that simply.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

If it sells, that's it's value, if it does not, it is not worth that. It literally is that simply.

I was just about to say that, but you beat me to it... *ahem* Quoted for truth!

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Who cares. It's all, ALL, about supply and demand.

I understand supply and demand, but managed or manipulated perceptions are also part of it. For example, true supply of METLE has likely gone down over the past few months, but so has the price... Mainly because the LE hype appears to have subsided a bit and previous false perceptions have now gotten more in line with reality

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

At that price I'll take 2. one for each end of my game room so people can play coming and going.

I sold a NOS LOTR playfield at MGC last year for 400. It had good color and decent, but not perfect registration. I paid 575 for one with deep colors and pefect registration 2 Expos ago.

Price on this can vary greatly, because the quality of screenprint is all over the map. This title shows issues more than most of Stern's games, due to the detailed art and colors.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

For example, true supply of METLE has likely gone down over the past few months

The real reason for Hilton's post.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Oh my, those were quite the trainwreck. Like something printed from an inkjet that was out of black ink and compensating by using all the colored ink for black. Worse than Stern's worse playfields. No idea what happened... his CFTBL fields were good back in the day. MMs were good if you found one with minimal errors...

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Their limited run DP FH playfields 3 years ago was their last best effort. Everything was spot on! Gorgeous!

I'm not exactly sure what happened after that.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nope. The data decides. I am just reporting...Lets keep it real, people are asking inflated prices for lotr lately and it is amazingly following the surge of pumping.IMHO, anyone paying over 5k for even a perfect huo example is silly and even ebay data would support that.

Personally i find this comment a little insulting, give or take, if you find a perfect huo lord of the rings for sale there's a good chance your going to pay over 5k for it, you said, lets keep it real, seriously then, keep it real!! Calling people silly for paying over "WHAT YOU THINK" a minty lotr goes for is silly!!!!!!

#100 10 years ago

You do realise, everyone, that it's not pinball machines going up, it's dollars going down. Stop whining and complaining about it..it's everywhere from art to watches to gas. This whole thread is pretty much getting pathetic. Don't pay the prices, fine, then come back three years later, still without your machine, and find the prices are higher (or..you're dollars don't buy you as much any more). Gas will be more, electricity will be more, Corn Flakes will be more and pinball machines will be more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 7.50
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 39.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 25.00
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comical-lotr-prices-lately/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.