(Topic ID: 197606)

Comfortable sneakers for all-day all-weekend events?

By ForceFlow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinballlew
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    #1 6 years ago

When I attend pinball shows, I'm pretty much on my feet for the entire duration of the show from open until close. After being on my feet for several hours, it begins to take its toll. I'm only able to some relief by keeping myself moving and walking around, rather than standing in place. But, being a pinball show, you are inevitably going to stand still for periods of time chatting with folks or playing games.

Does anyone have any go-to shoes/sneakers, or any other products, padding, tips, or tricks that help keep you going all day?

#3 6 years ago

Asics Gel Kayano

I do 12hr shifts as nurse and these things are crazy comfortable.

#4 6 years ago

Saucony and Asics

#6 6 years ago

Ecco makes a decent shoe. I used to sell them a while back.

+1 for Asics too

#7 6 years ago

I was a runner for about 25 years. Tried just about every brand and style available at the time for my daily walkers, runners, and work shoes. Switched to good quality hiking boots about 10 years ago and haven't looked back. I'm on my feet all day long. I still own a pair of high end New Balance running/walking shoes that I use once in a while but the hiking boots are my main footware. Two pair last about a year.

FWIW I'm 6ft and about 200 lbs.

#8 6 years ago

Asics running shoes and athletic in soles.

Make sure you get the right shoe designed for your foot.

#9 6 years ago

Running shoes and sneakers are not fit for purpose. Get some Red Wing Boots. Nothing better for standing on concrete or factory floors all day. The red-ish colored ones are still made in the USA (last time I checked). You will look like a dork but your hip joints, your knees and your back will thank you. I'm sure they make something more fashionably pleasing but I can only speak for the old-style Red Wing boots.

#10 6 years ago

When I was a teacher, we'd be on our feet for nearly 7 hours a day, every day, and we couldn't wear sneakers. Getting a good pair of insoles, from like Dr. Scholls or similar helps. Another trick that works surprisingly well, is diabetic compression socks. The compression around the foot, ankle, and calf keep the blood flow working well (by keeping the blood from pooling), and keep your feet from getting tired. You might only want to wear them if you're wearing long pants, since it'll look like you're wearing stockings otherwise.

#11 6 years ago

I buy Merrils and put in the Dr Scholls inserts from the kiosk at Wal-Mart. Ends up around S150 total but my heel pain has been gone ever since.

#12 6 years ago

The issue isn't as much about being on your feet all day as it is about being on a cement floor all day. Red Wing boots are your best answer for cement floors - I know from years of experience! The issue I see for the York Show is you really don't have much time to break them in. It takes a few weeks to break in a new pair of shoes so they feel great all day.

#13 6 years ago

I'm a salesman and am in and out of factories all day long, walking all over. Hands down the best shoes I have ever bought, Doc Martens. I bought a pair and haven't looked back since. we went to Philly 2 years ago, wore them all day walking around old town.

#14 6 years ago

I'm with roc-noc & Insane, hiking boots deserve serious consideration.
    Ever since discovering Keen's offerings, I'm a big fan.
    Boots, mid height, sandals, all have had excellent support and cushion.
    6' 4" 220. On my feet all day, virtually every day as an AV/surveillance installer.

#15 6 years ago

I can second Keen or Merrell hiking boots. I used to work 12 hour shifts where I didn't sit literally once all shift. I'm a big dude too about 260 at the time and these hiking boots with Dr. Scholls inserts worked like a dream. I used to swear by asics but they are not even close to the quality or support of a good pair of Keen or Merrell's.

#17 6 years ago

Converse all stars for me. I can last about 7 hours then me feet feel like I've been walking on hot coals all day. Maybe I better rethink this...

#18 6 years ago

I find the key for a pinball weekend is a few footwear changes to keep things fresh.

#19 6 years ago

These are probably the #1 shoe, especially since the legend wore these on his North American Tour.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#20 6 years ago

Pumas are my go to. Most comfortable brand of sneaker I've ever worn.

#21 6 years ago

Brooks beast

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comfortable-sneakers-for-all-day-all-weekend-events?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.