You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
glare doubling.jpg
IMGA0674.JPG
IMGA0672.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

Nice Pictures Paul! Thank you for sharing!

Is it OK to use? They came out better then mine!

What we did here, and I am not the first, is make these smaller so you can just stick on front
in 15 seconds, and solve an important issue in viewing the top half of the game.
(It is also possible to install behind the panel)

Terry carries these as well at Pinball Life, and we drop as low as $13.95 each in quantity.

Neither getting rich on this, (others sell up to $50 each) I believe we share that this is a must have product for many games, and getting the cost down is the best way to see this help others.

Please try these out guys...you'll get hooked, and at these numbers, almost all games should be done....Its just that good!

Art

#10 9 years ago

Dont know for sure, but I think 4 ohm.....I am sure others will know.

Glad you are cleaning the games!!!

#17 9 years ago

They are available from Europe...The cost was still a bit too much for me to rationalize....I believe in the $75-$100 price range including shipping, as a general idea.

#21 9 years ago

Not really, those at different heights or standing angles, may not see glare or DMD reflection,
The filter only blocks views from the side past an angle.

#34 9 years ago

Interesting...I havent seen or heard this....will it photograph?

I wonder if the "gap" is causing this issue for you, which kinda makes sense, but dont know why myself or others havent seen?....hmmmmmm....

Certainly you have a solution.
I suppose before people install on the outside before removing adhesive strip protectors, might try a piece of scotch tape to see....

#40 9 years ago

Unless I am mistaken Vid, the issue was outer mounting on DMD exterior overlay panel vs directly on DMD.

I have them installed both ways, and see no glare or reflection. I thought the post was that if mounted
on the outside, instead of the inside, a post was made that they had some reflection still showing, when outside mounted.

Has anyone else seen this?

#45 9 years ago

So, are you saying that you still see a reflection when placed in front of the panel, but none when right on the glass?

If so, and everything is done correctly, I am sorry I dont know why you are experiencing this.
If the solution was that placing this directly on DMD...that great, you find a way it works for you!

Ill certainly note that for others, although in most all cases, since I researched further, it works fine on the front.

If you have no solution, LMK, as others mention perhaps a step of film
removal, or reverse install?

Dont know, you are the first to share this.....

Art

#46 9 years ago

I think I figured it out Jon.

The ones you received , were larger in measurement then the new ones just in.
Those that you received, were only designed to install directly on the DMD.
If these were placed in front of the plastic, right in front, they wouldnt fit, leaving a gap, which could cause the difference you are describing.
These new ones fit inside the outside panel and fit flush, closing that gap, which could be why myself and others may not experience the same.

I sent a sent to someone with a POTC they used it for, and they installed on the outside with no issues.

So, I think thats the difference, and the answer.

The new ones can still be mounted directly to the DMD, although a little bit more work.

Art

#52 9 years ago

Easy to get lost, but its on the home page......

#54 9 years ago

Yup, yet the emails remind me daily what I dont have yet!

#58 9 years ago

I am a bit confused, because I didnt have any of the outside installed ones until a couple of weeks ago.

The Black Friday ones were too large for the outside....

I might be missing something, please help me...the brain isnt working so well.

With your help, Ill check all my games as I have both ways and sizes installed.

#60 9 years ago

No cutting needed, and they actually cant be cut, they would Splinter.
Yes, these are the same size as PBL, and work fine on B/W too.

#62 9 years ago

I havent personally tried, I am repeating the information from the factory....Perhaps you can, but I cant
"say" you can, because of the variety of different scissors, and the affect it would have if customers
started cutting them, and had issues they would then want me to be responsible for.

In addition, when I sampled, I think it was 9 different products sold as "3M micro louvre, I received
not only a wide variation in performance, but also in thickness. Some, after dialogue were admitted as "3M equal" or knock-offs....

So I cant share the impression with those that havent held one as like a thin tolled up product, when its quite rigid.

One needs to think of this as a thin sheet of plastic, more then a "film"

Certainly, one is free to try to cut this, for whatever reason, but without my recommendation.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Are you saying yours do not exhibit this reflection when installed from the outside?

Not at all....You are definitely right...I just couldnt understand how you got there.

I had the family scrutinize all the games and here is what we found.
I had 2 games do what yours did...a slight reflection at the bottom. These are not showing in any direct application.
However 4 that were front mounted didnt show at all.
At best I can tell, its either the distance or angle of everything between the two...the DMD and then the film.
In TZ, I had a remnant in the DMD panel track...we saw what you had in your pic. When I cleaned out the track, tightened up all on the DMD connection, it disappeared....

So, regardless of install it does remove all glare on the playfield glass.
If installed on the outside, at least here 2 out of 10 had reflection on the bottom line of DMD.
I suppose up to the buyer to decide which way to install.

I appreciate your help in sharing this....now that its mostly figured out.

Art

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comets-dmd-glare-guardwow?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.