You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
glare doubling.jpg
IMGA0674.JPG
IMGA0672.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

Yep, these have been around for a good while, but it took forever for one or two guys to finally make them available at reasonable prices. The microlouver film is not cheap, so bulk purchasing is pretty much the only way to use it for this application.

#5 9 years ago

I've always installed mine directly on the DMD glass. Obviously not an option with the LED DMDs, but the inside of the view window works best in that case IMO. These things are seriously exponentially better than the "bent plastic" thing, which is a real kludge.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Do these affect spectators' views of the DMD?

Only if they're 3 feet or 9 feet tall, for the most part.

1 week later
#47 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Y r they better ? They both do the same thing ? One is just hidden and has a cleaner look however plastic dont dim the dmd and its transferable game to game and cost half? So what makes it better because I thought about purchasing a few next led order?

Keeping in mind that my experience is with other sellers, NOT with Art/Comet's *specific* product...

You mean aside from the fact that the bentplastic are a cheaparsed kludge that fall out every time you need to remove the glass? I bought one, exactly one, and it's annoying as hell to grab the thing, set it aside, and put it back in place. Meanwhile, the 3m film is installed, stays where it's supposed to be, and doesn't get in the way of me working on my games. Oh, and it doesn't look absolutely ridiculous either.

They 3m film doesn't dim the DMD very much, if it's installed on the DMD or the inside of the plastic. My personal recommendation, due to the doubling effect shown above, is to install it directly on the DMD anytime it's possible, and second option on the inside of the speaker panel. I would not ever install it on the outside. Anytime I've ever bought these kits, from two different suppliers, they've come with double-sided 3m adhesive that's maybe 1-2mm thick and transparent. It's easily removable and you would just need a few small strips to place it on a new one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comets-dmd-glare-guardwow?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.