(Topic ID: 255725)

Comet vs Titan vs Ablaze LED's

By rdrapeau3171

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1189 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1190 (resized).jpg
    412C9227-D80E-4F84-A5A9-EFBA2EA5680A.jpeg
    01C8C73E-32F5-40C8-BE55-7E8E5E99452D.jpeg
    20191117_175006_resized (resized).jpg
    20191107_113439 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Comet 2smd frosted.
    Buy in bulk.
    I prefer warm white
    Black Friday sale coming up.

Absolutely these. I’ve used the 2SMD frosted and it gives games that incandescent look but brighter (yet not too bright) but doesn’t heat up or destroy things or strain the power supply.

I haven’t used those retro bullet ones yet. Probably a good buy but I still have lots of comets to go through. I actually bought probably 200 two years ago and JUST had my first dud after all this time. So 1 DOA out of 200 is pretty stellar. Also their customer service is incredible! I placed an order and asked for some stickers (they hadn’t had them made at this time) and probably 5 months later I got a random package with like 50 stickers in it. How awesome is that?!?

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Comet had the very best bulbs, most options, and best customer service. They are still very competitively priced, though you can get cheaper bulbs. There is a reason they are cheaper.
    Quality is remembered far after price is forgotten.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
    I actually have a mixed bag of Comet’s, CT’s and other LEDs... after using Comets I can’t justify using cheapo crap, you can’t even mix them because you have gorgeous lights next to anemic, ugly lights.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

You complained that one bulb was not working? Who knew Mr Pink was into pinball?

I believe this is to simply highlight the fantasy customer service. I’m not bothered by 1 or 2 duds. But even if you’re the most anal person in pinball (wait isn’t that basically everyone??) they’re still awesome to you.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I recommend frosted 1smd to disperse light. I hate seeing an LED shine through the back glass and take away from the art.

Warm White Frosted 1SMD’s are great.
    01C8C73E-32F5-40C8-BE55-7E8E5E99452D.jpeg01C8C73E-32F5-40C8-BE55-7E8E5E99452D.jpeg
    412C9227-D80E-4F84-A5A9-EFBA2EA5680A.jpeg412C9227-D80E-4F84-A5A9-EFBA2EA5680A.jpeg

I’ll take a better picture but this is an example of mixing 3 different types. I had to leave out some bulbs switching from incandescent to 1SMD (LEDs) because they throw light MUCH better.

The LEDs in the second picture would DEFINITELY surprise you. They’re not where you’d think.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-vs-titan-vs-ablaze-led-s?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.