(Topic ID: 255725)

Comet vs Titan vs Ablaze LED's

By rdrapeau3171

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1189 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1190 (resized).jpg
    412C9227-D80E-4F84-A5A9-EFBA2EA5680A.jpeg
    01C8C73E-32F5-40C8-BE55-7E8E5E99452D.jpeg
    20191117_175006_resized (resized).jpg
    20191107_113439 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from bowtech:

Go with Comet. Swapped out my last 3 games with them with no problems (other than me miscounting) and they look great. Customer service is top notch and answered all my questions I had before ordering.

They are very good at customer service. Tried a few suppliers, Comet is now my go to. The *very rare* problem is handled promptly. Very good about feedback, even noted something I suggested ended up on their site so they take customer feedback seriously.

#21 4 years ago

Frosted dome 1SMD for backglass (warm white or sunlight white)
    Frosted or clear 1SMD for inserts (natural white)
    Clear dome 1SMD for GI lamps in warm white.

2SMD or even 4SMD for an insert you want to really POP.

Do the red/blue/green inserts with red/blue/green LED.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Natural = cool
    Sunlight is semi cool. Still too cool for me
    Warm is warm. My favorite.

Warm White is still whiter than 44/47 IMHO. I have them deployed in several machines.

Just did Black Hole backglass chaser circuit in bullet clear dome retro warm white and still notably brighter and whiter than the 44's that were in there.

#32 4 years ago

Bally Grand Tour with Comet warm white retro clear dome bullet in the GI, just finished replacing all the sockets.

20191117_175006_resized (resized).jpg20191117_175006_resized (resized).jpg
    #48 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Orange and yellow inserts aren't worthwhile to color match. I color match pretty much everything else, though.

Yup. They get white, red/green/blue get red/green/blue.

Gottlieb made pins with purple inserts, they turn red nicely when illuminated with a 2SMD red LED under them.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I use purple bulbs with purple inserts.

On my Gold Wings the "shoot again" is purple, heck with that! I want it to scream bright red when it lit.

Siren cracks me up, never fails to bring a smile.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Dang, I would go blind with 4smd inserts and 18smd flashers.

Guys are killing me with the 2SMD for GI lamps or backglass! I rarely use 2SMD for anything but maybe inserts I want to pop a little because they are important. 4SMD are even more rare for me to use, the jackpot arrow in Secret Service is the only spot I can think offhand where I have used one.

Flashers? I love me some 8SMD flashers though.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

If using frosted, 2smd are fine. I can’t remember the last time I bought a clear lens bulb.

I enjoy using them as a playfield GI bulb and inserts depending on location and desired effect.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-vs-titan-vs-ablaze-led-s?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.