• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

01010834.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sharon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

On my Comet, when the ball pops out of the Collect Rabbit saucer, it just pops it back onto the playfield, it doesn't shoot it into the pops or anything. Is it supposed to be that weak? Also, how difficult should it be to hit it up around the orange ramp? I can't decide if I have too steep an angle or not.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

My Comet just pops the ball out of the Rabbit saucer (fun house) back onto the playfield. And it takes a perfect shot to get it around the orange ramp. I thought my flippers were just weak but I rebuilt them with the same results. I'm thinking of decreasing the playfield angle to help get it around the orange ramp.

I thought the same thing about the flippers; I have to say that ramp shot is the most difficult shot to make of all my games. I did decrease the angle some, and it made it a little better.

I wish there were an easy solution to hitting the glass when you make the cycle jump ramp.

Does yours also just pop the ball out of the hole under the cycle jump ramp? It seems like they should shoot it into the pops.

#5 10 years ago

Well, it's good to know my game is consistent with how others are! When it's weak on purpose, there aren't always good ways to find out!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Clean and wax the field very well. Clean/wax the pinball and the ramps as well. Make the flipper assemblies and cleaned and rebuilt if needed. I just finished a Comet and although it was fairly fast prior to strip/clean/wax , it is amazingly fast now. I play/test without the glass on and the ball left the playfield 3 different times and out of the game it went. Not a good idea with a screened backglass installed.

Geez, that could have been a disaster. So you have trouble with the ball flying off the ramps too! In a way, it's comforting to know that it's a design thing and not an "I messed something up" thing.

1 week later
#10 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

My comet I just picked up shoots it from the motorcycle jump feature into the lower pop bumper, if that's what you meant. After that though it usually comes back into play. The rabbit just pops it back into the playfield. My wife just played one game and got it through the corkscrew twice. Perhaps this game has stronger flippers, I haven't popped open the playfield yet to see if the previous owner modded it at all.

Let me know if the saucer popper coils seem to be non-standard. Though it could just be going into the pop from the cycle jump saucer because it's aimed a little different.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New Cumberland, PA
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sharon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-saucer-strength-should-be?tu=sharon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.