20140802_192836.jpg
DSCN1903.JPG
zoom.JPG
cleared.JPG
filled.JPG
DSCN1883.JPG
DSCN1882.JPG
DSCN1884.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Amarillopinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Finally got this beast re-assembled on the bottom, coils and switches cleaned, new sleeves. Onto the top reassembly now while I wait for parts to come in so I can finish Centaur. Still battling with the MPU on this Comet as well, but I think I finally narrowed it down. Pictures soon.

how difficult was the removal and replacement of the bottom side? I was considering doing this to my comet but the underside scares me.

your game looks good

#48 9 years ago

Thanks for the pics. For some reason, the staples are what scares me the most, I know its weird, for some reason the fact that some bulbs are just held by staples and what appears to be glue(?) scares me.

Did you have any problems with those parts?

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I desoldered those parts and left the bare GI wire lines in tact. Also left a few jumper GI lines and just took photos and labeled those wires to I could solder them back in place. They're stapled down then they applied solder to the staple/wire braid.
It wasn't the best method, and over time they break loose and will and do cause problems in games. If you have any dim bulbs even when they are new, that is usually why.

how much soldering is required for the playfield swap? THis part I am worried about, I am not the best with the soldering iron, and I have a pretty crappy one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Amarillopinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-restoration-first-playfield-restore-job?tu=Amarillopinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.