New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 256141)

Comet Repair Needed in Bath Ohio

By Hogey

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Hogey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D35AA726-1C05-41C3-8615-E1B97E8C13C6 (resized).png

#1 11 months ago

I have a friend of a friend living in Bath Ohio (Akron area) with a Comet pin. He advised that it was working and then he moved and now he’s having issues. He asked if I could find someone in the area that could come over and fix it. Any repair guys in the area that can help out?

Thanks.

Hogey

#2 11 months ago
Quoted from Hogey:

I have a friend of a friend living in Bath Ohio (Akron area) with a Comet pin. He advised that it was working and then he moved and now he’s having issues. He asked if I could find someone in the area that could come over and fix it. Any repair guys in the area that can help out?
Thanks.
Hogey

Issues arising from moving typically requires reseating connectors/cables in the back box. Sometimes solder breaks on coil and switch contacts. I bet your buddy can put less than 10 minutes into this and fix it themselves.

#3 11 months ago

I told him pretty much that when we first talked but he’s not excited about working on it and would like to have a local contact to use in the future as well in case he has other issues. Thanks.

#4 11 months ago

This is the phone for a fella named Dante. He is out of the Columbus area. Will do house calls. Don’t know anyone in the Akron area that will do house calls. Fat dirk stopped. Lisa stopped from Cadillac in Cleveland and there is a guy in hinckley but he will not do on site work. Think his name was Jim from something like Echo valley.

Don’t know exactly what may be the issue and by no means am I a tech guru ( I post asking for help all the time) but I would not mind having a look. Hope this is helpful

G

D35AA726-1C05-41C3-8615-E1B97E8C13C6 (resized).png
#5 11 months ago

Thanks for the help all...I think he has made contact with a tech. Much appreciated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 17.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Various Other Swag
Shoot Again Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 93.00
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside