(Topic ID: 131392)

Comet ramps, ball flies off

By CanadianGamer

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello all. I have a Comet that I've been working on and I love it, but curious about the ramps. I know the ball is supposed to hit the glass, but is it supposed to be able to fly off the ramps and back onto a random place on the playfield? Both the cycle jump and centre ramp will do this on occasion, are my ramps sitting too low by any chance? Or does this happen to everyone?
Thanks for any input.

#2 8 years ago

Probably some of your posts have been replaced over the years and now the ramp is too low.

#3 8 years ago

Should not do that on either ramp. Does the center ramp have the ball gate at the entrance?

2 weeks later
#4 8 years ago

The ball gate is there, and it flies off the cycle jump more than the centre ramp. I think I can resolve the ramp issues with a washer or two at the back posts.
Everything looks like it's factory as far as posts and mounts for the ramps, which is why I thought I'd ask here if it was normal. The Millon sign at the back of the cycle ramp seems to be very near the glass but it's kind of hard to tell. I'll just have to tweak it up with washers as high as I can I guess, and try not to stress the plastic. Thanks for letting me know it's not normal, I'll report back with my progress.

#5 8 years ago

I have had that happen occasionally on the Cycle ramp, with just the right crack. In fact, if you have any little physical cracks in the cycle ramp, that can cause it to flex just enough to allow the ball to flip up and over, once every 100 shots. I have never had that happen on my Comet ramp, however. If you wiggle the ramps with your fingers, and there is any play or movement in them, you would lose the ball. Should be quite rigid.
Like Vid says, the tiniest bit of height difference can make that happen on the Comet ramp also.

1 week later
#6 8 years ago

My cycle jump ramp was cracked but I've repaired it with some PC-7 epoxy and it seems to be holding. I put a couple washers under the back end of it and so far it seems to be working fine. I also raised the back posts on the Comet ramp which also seemed to help, but both ramps look like they are oringinal... I guess I'd have to see another one before I could tell if they've been modified.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-ramps-ball-flies-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.